Cubase 2.01 on MiST

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

neoman
Atarian
Atarian

Cubase 2.01 on MiST

Post by neoman »

Just as information for those who are interested in using Cubase on their MiST.

I planned to use Cubase 2.01 (happily brought to you by MCA) on a MiST and with the regular ST core I was quite happy how good it is working. Especially in hi-res mode. But as some people with older Hatari versions I had some problems with the grid editor after some time. When editing a part several times with the Grid Editor it crashed the whole system with an "Internal Error".

So now I switched to the MiSTery core ( https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-bina ... es/mistery ) which seems to be cycle-accurate. And all problems I had are gone :D I still search for a way to donate the creator of this core.

The "dongle-free" Cubase 3.1 by Piero M. never worked correctly and as SLiX said in another thread it also never worked reliable on the real Atari. He told me it silently lost events, stalled when copying parts and MIDI export was crashing sometimes.

What experiences do you have using Cubase on your MiST/MiSTER?
Waxjoz
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Cubase 2.01 on MiST

Post by Waxjoz »

Thanks for this update. I don’t have a MiST yet, but I think of getting one. But Cubase and midi on clones wasn’t really working until now. I still have my Falcon, STe and Mega STe, but this feels like a new Atari. I can perfectly live with Cubase 2.01. 😀👍
Kind regardz,

Joz

http://www.moonglowmusic.nl
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

The piero vrack never worked flawlesdily...bombs often...
And i notice some issues between mca 3 and 3.01
audio falcon.....some save .mid some dont and some will load .all files some dont
Having original i can compare but its a shame especially with the computer experts we have nowdays why there isnt a public release error free crack or an offical release
For preservation and private use
Other than that i found versiin 2 was qiuite stable from mca
All of course under steem emulation...which is whybim reasearching mist emu under this thread
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
farvardin
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by farvardin »

I'm using the Cubase 3.1 cracked version and it's working pretty well. I got a few errors (some parts are wrong and prevents to export to midi) and a few crashes, but I can't tell it's because of this version or because of cubase. But I always do incremental saves and never lost anything serious. And it's not very often that it crashes so I'm happy :)

Return to “Applications”