https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Neo666
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: Atari ST core

Post by Neo666 »

solskogen wrote:
Neo666 wrote:Great core, had an 520 ST when they were released (along time ago now!) - thanks, enjoying playing with one again!

Is there a way to remove a hard drive from a profile? - Once selected you only seem to able to select another HD image
Press backspace.
Thanks
GoingDown
Atari User
Atari User

Post by GoingDown »

Sixteenthirtytwo wrote: Another Issue:

US Tos - Mister in 60 Hz
PAL Tos - Mister still in 60 Hz but should be 50 Hz
For me, screen refresh rate is changing beautifully depending of the TOS. I tested with both CRT VGA monitor and LCD panel. However, I am using VGA output.

Are you using HDMI or VGA? Do this need vsync_adjust=2 in MiSTer.ini for work?
danielb
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by danielb »

Sixteenthirtytwo wrote:
Neo666 wrote:
Another Issue:

US Tos - Mister in 60 Hz
PAL Tos - Mister still in 60 Hz but should be 50 Hz
Are you certain that your PAL TOS is really PAL? There is at least one wrongly labelled file on the web.

D.
rondc
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by rondc »

At the moment, all fixes and improvements works really great ! , so, congrats sorgelig, You did it !!! :D

A few captures... Now it's much much better ! hope to enjoy it as the MiST's MiSTery :cheers:
stmister01.jpg
stmister02.jpg
stmister03.jpg
stmister04.jpg
I apologize for the poor quality of the pics, the important thing is that it works wonderfully.

Thx Sorgelig !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kolchak
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by Kolchak »

Can we have a floppy disk turbo option please ? :)
MISTER, MISTICA, Atari STE 4MB + Ultrasatan + Gotek.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

Sixteenthirtytwo wrote:PAL Tos - Mister still in 60 Hz but should be 50 Hz
PAL TOS gives 50Hz. You are using bad(renamed NTSC) TOS file.
djsquare
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by djsquare »

After the recent update, I can't seem to load the core. All I get is a black screen. Anyone else having issues?
breiztiger
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by breiztiger »

i have also sometime this issue, just reload the core and it's ok
flain
Atari User
Atari User

Post by flain »

Sorgelig wrote:
flain wrote:Thanks for porting this!

I played around a bit and i get a lot of sound issues (lots of popping/hissing etc not present in other cores), Sprites in Rtype-2 are all messed up and no sound on magic pockets. I didn't test many other things as i figure first release and also could be some things on my end. Golden axe seemed to work ok. Is there a recommended TOS version to run, could that be my problem? I just ran the one i had already on my SD Card for FXCast which was TOS 1.02.
R-Type 2 i've just tried - no problem neither with sprites nor sound.
Sound issues are fixed! thank you Sorg! The sprite issues happen in the demo only (you need to load the game and wait a minute to see the demo play out), not in gameplay so i'm not so worried anymore. It might be an issue in the original mistery core, i don't know. The core is awesome!
SaschaFFM
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by SaschaFFM »

djsquare wrote:After the recent update, I can't seem to load the core. All I get is a black screen. Anyone else having issues?
I have the same problem. Only black screen since today's update. It was working fine before. I am using 15 kHz VGA via the IO-Board.
I do not have a chance to enter the menu, so I would not know how to reload the core? A reset does not help.

Nevertheless, the Atari ST core is a dream come true! So happy.
Last edited by SaschaFFM on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jca
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by jca »

Thanks for this awesome core and its frequent updates. I do not know anything about the Atari ST but so far I did not have any real trouble. I even tried the EmuTOS roms with success. At this time my main problem concerns the Viking option: whatever settings I use the option is always grayed out in the OSD. I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. The only thing I could think of is that I have 32M of SDRAM.
GoingDown
Atari User
Atari User

Post by GoingDown »

jca wrote:At this time my main problem concerns the Viking option: whatever settings I use the option is always grayed out in the OSD. I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. The only thing I could think of is that I have 32M of SDRAM.
You need to configure Atari to have 8MB or less of ram.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

Viking always available (even when greyed) in STEroid mode. In other modes it's avialable only when memory 8MB or less.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

Sometimes AtariST core cannot start. It's known issue but unknown cause. Simply re-load the core.
jca

Post by jca »

GoingDown wrote:
jca wrote:At this time my main problem concerns the Viking option: whatever settings I use the option is always grayed out in the OSD. I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. The only thing I could think of is that I have 32M of SDRAM.
You need to configure Atari to have 8MB or less of ram.
Thanks a lot, that did it. Now I need a microscope to look at my HDMI screen :lol:
Sixteenthirtytwo
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Sixteenthirtytwo »

Sorgelig wrote:
Sixteenthirtytwo wrote:PAL Tos - Mister still in 60 Hz but should be 50 Hz
PAL TOS gives 50Hz. You are using bad(renamed NTSC) TOS file.
Yes i have now detected that the PAL TOS has effect on the output to 50 Hz (according to the upscaler output info of the mister) but for some reason the mister does not autmatically switch to the relevant frequency (My configuration is 1080p 60Hz) I assume that is not are core problem rather than a mister problem? Thanks for your superb work!
Sixteenthirtytwo
Atarian
Atarian

solskogen wrote:
Neo666 wrote:Great core, had an 520 ST when they were released (along time ago now!) - thanks, enjoying playing with one again!

Is there a way to remove a hard drive from a profile? - Once selected you only seem to able to select another HD image
Press backspace.
Does not work for me. Neither Backspace nor a another key has a effect on the HDD Entry. As mentioned before the FDD can be deleted by clicking DEL + Return but not the HDD
flain
Atari User
Atari User

Post by flain »

Most Atari STs had 520kb or 1MB of memory, probably the core should default to 1MB for accuracy and let users change it to bigger at their choice. Pretty much no games supported over 1MB until after the STs golden years - STE and falcon which unfortunately has a tiny library. Currently the core defaults to 4MB RAM which is too high and problematic for compatibility. Higher RAM doesn't have any positive effect on the 30,000+ ST games that came out for 520ST and 1040ST systems. I recommend the default setting for the ST core RAM should be 1MB, the Atari 1040 ST. It will allow largest majority of the ST games to work and if someone wants the other lesser common games they can flip the option in the MiSTer gui to up the memory and turn on the STE stuff.
GoingDown
Atari User
Atari User

Post by GoingDown »

Sixteenthirtytwo wrote:Does not work for me. Neither Backspace nor a another key has a effect on the HDD Entry. As mentioned before the FDD can be deleted by clicking DEL + Return but not the HDD
Just to confirm, you are pressing backspace on screen where you select the hard disk file? You cannot remove harddisk entry directly from menu itself, you must first hit enter to open file chooser, and then press backspace to unmount hd.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

flain wrote:Most Atari STs had 520kb or 1MB of memory, probably the core should default to 1MB for accuracy and let users change it to bigger at their choice. Pretty much no games supported over 1MB until after the STs golden years - STE and falcon which unfortunately has a tiny library. Currently the core defaults to 4MB RAM which is too high and problematic for compatibility. Higher RAM doesn't have any positive effect on the 30,000+ ST games that came out for 520ST and 1040ST systems. I recommend the default setting for the ST core RAM should be 1MB, the Atari 1040 ST. It will allow largest majority of the ST games to work and if someone wants the other lesser common games they can flip the option in the MiSTer gui to up the memory and turn on the STE stuff.
I will adjust default settings.
remowilliams
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by remowilliams »

Sorgelig wrote:I will adjust default settings.
Default settings for floppy based usage should look as I posted earlier

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 99#p399493
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

BBond007 wrote:
Sorgelig wrote:
BBond007 wrote: MIDI does work though :)
What updates need for midilink for Midi? And which game/app i can use to test?
I tested with Sierra game Codename Iceman.

just need to edit RESOURCE.CFG and set the sound driver to MT32.DRV
Where is RESOURCE.CFG?
Shouldn't Midilink.ini include some specific settings like UART baudrate?
Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Chris23235 »

deleted, misread a post.
Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Chris23235 »

breiztiger wrote:when i select mono for screen no more picture over hdmi
You have to use vsync_adjust 0, because the monochrome mode uses in 70 Hz.
Sixteenthirtytwo
Atarian
Atarian

GoingDown wrote:
Sixteenthirtytwo wrote:Does not work for me. Neither Backspace nor a another key has a effect on the HDD Entry. As mentioned before the FDD can be deleted by clicking DEL + Return but not the HDD
Just to confirm, you are pressing backspace on screen where you select the hard disk file? You cannot remove harddisk entry directly from menu itself, you must first hit enter to open file chooser, and then press backspace to unmount hd.
Perfect thanks it works :wink:

Return to “MiSTer”