https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Re: NeoGeo topic

Post by kazki »

Yes you need the .xml file alongside the roms in separate folders

Go to the neogeo core github and get the xml file and enjoy !
comfysofa wrote:Hmmm - copied in the folder that i had (alledgedly the right one) but it just lists the roms as sub folder and if say for example i go into kof2 the directory is empty....is there supposed to be an xml file or something like that??
mutmuthux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by mutmuthux »

sofakng
Atariator
Atariator

Post by sofakng »

Does anybody know if the UniBios v4 works OK with this core?

I've purchased v4 from Razoola last year for my MVS-1C. I've also sent him an e-mail asking if it's OK to use this on MiSTer or he requires me to purchase a second license.

Also, does anybody know the difference between Darksoft set and the "MiSTer Pack Add-On - Neo Geo" set?
Last edited by sofakng on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warham
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by warham »

sofakng wrote:Does anybody know if the UniBios v4 works OK with this core?

I've purchased v4 from Razoola last year for my MVS-1C. I've also sent him an e-mail asking if it's OK to use this on MiSTer or he requires me to purchase a second license.
yes it works. so far everyone that asked him to use it with mister was told no except a few that knew him really well.
sofakng
Atariator
Atariator

Post by sofakng »

Huh. Any idea why he's not allowing it? Does he just want people to purchase a second copy?
Peredonov

Post by Peredonov »

sofakng wrote:Also, does anybody know the difference between Darksoft set and the "MiSTer Pack Add-On - Neo Geo" set?
I believe the content is the same, but the folder structure may be different. The Add-On pack is ready to be thrown into MiSTer storage, the Darksoft set can be used in MiSTer or ready to drop in SD card for Darksoft cart.
kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Post by kazki »

Afaik, Razoola stopped selling his unibios for personal reasons, but you still can download the 3.3 version for free, he just told that were he to unable to continue developping the unibios, he would make the unibios 4.0 available for free this year

I hope he would still developping and continuing to help the community
sofakng wrote:Huh. Any idea why he's not allowing it? Does he just want people to purchase a second copy?
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Brilliant - thanks very much!
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Just to say - thanks very much - that worked a treat. On to the minimig core! (working my way through them!)

Thanks again.
mutmuthux
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by mutmuthux »

no worries. the least i can do to help out the community :)
Peredonov

Post by Peredonov »

I was playing through Sonic Wings 2 using Unibios 3.3 and all sound stopped after a brief fade out mid play (on stage 9 :? )

Hadn't had such an issue on a full run using original bios earlier, nor after doing another one switching back to original bios. Could just be a rare incident, but when issues are found in games it may be better to give the original bios a try, especially since the unibios is currently set as the default/recommended setting.
kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Post by kazki »

It’s still possible to rename a japanese bios to run as the required s2-p2.sp1 or neo-epo.sp1 (which are referred as european for the mvs and export for the aes)

Just rename a mvs jap bios or the aes jap bios to get it working :)

I think most people know the benefits using a japanese bios : no censorship on blood for every title nor on Mai’s bouncing in kof series
Peredonov

Post by Peredonov »

kazki wrote:I think most people know the benefits using a japanese bios : no censorship on blood for every title nor on Mai’s bouncing in kof series
Yep, I've been using the Japanese bios almost exclusively, no issues with it. For some games you do need to go into the software dipswitch settings (and know how to read kana or know where to go otherwise) to activate some things. For example blood is disabled by default on Metal Slug 1, and needs to be turned on in dipswitch software settings (at least for MVS, not sure if AES has blood on by default for this game).
superklyph
Atarian
Atarian

Neo Geo Core 1080p not working

Post by superklyph »

It just flashes on and off when I load the core. It works fine at 720p and all of the other cores seem to work fine at 1080p. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
robfish
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by robfish »

I'm having trouble getting the NeoGeo core working. I got the files:

uni-bios.rom
neo-epo.sp1
sp-s2.sp1
000-lo.lo
sfix.sfix

I also got darksoft pack.

Every game I try shows files loading, but all i see is a dark screen.

Any ideas, maybe MD5 values for the above files and compare?
kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Post by kazki »

That problably means some of the bios files have issues or aren’t renamed correctly, for instance sp-s2.sp1 is fine, but neo-epo.rom has to be renamed neo-epo.sp1

Give it a try by enabling unibios in the core settings
kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Post by kazki »

Have you the right xml file as well ?
robfish
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by robfish »

Thanks Kazki for the quick reply. I had the bios files in a sub directory called neogeo. Once I put them in the top level neogeo directory it worked. I was trying to test my new 128mb that i got from misteraddons.
breiztiger
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by breiztiger »

hi

https://trello.com/b/yvB9erWE/project-n ... o-feedback

very good game that doens't required any xml in neosd version
SegaMan

Re: Neo Geo Core 1080p not working

Post by SegaMan »

NeoGeo Core works fine on 1080p for me.
superklyph
Atarian
Atarian

Post by superklyph »

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Is there anything I need to change in the MiSTer.ini besides video_mode=8?
Peredonov

Post by Peredonov »

Most likely an incompatibility with the hardware you're using (TV/monitor, cables, AV receiver, etc.). You can try changing the vsync_adjust setting in your mister.ini file to see if it makes a difference.
kazki
Atariator
Atariator

Post by kazki »

Yeah I’ve heard of this project, if I’m not mistaken it’s the Fullset Team who is developping this game, haven’t tested it yet though, I’m giving it a try :)

I believe this shmup is the first Neogeo game in vertical screen orientation « Tate »
Can’t wait to see DoDonPachi ported on the MiSTer :)
breiztiger wrote:hi

https://trello.com/b/yvB9erWE/project-n ... o-feedback

very good game that doens't required any xml in neosd version
superklyph
Atarian
Atarian

Post by superklyph »

Peredonov wrote:Most likely an incompatibility with the hardware you're using (TV/monitor, cables, AV receiver, etc.). You can try changing the vsync_adjust setting in your mister.ini file to see if it makes a difference.
I will give it a shot and report back. Thank you!
superklyph
Atarian
Atarian

Post by superklyph »

Peredonov wrote:Most likely an incompatibility with the hardware you're using (TV/monitor, cables, AV receiver, etc.). You can try changing the vsync_adjust setting in your mister.ini file to see if it makes a difference.
It was my specific HDMI port. I was able to get it running on my TV in 1080p but not in my one and only 4K port - which happens to be my lowest latency port. I'm just going to have to live with it in 720p. Thank you for your suggestion!

Return to “MiSTer”