HDMI-port seems to be damaged

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

flenst111
Atarian
Atarian

HDMI-port seems to be damaged

Post by flenst111 »

After software update of the DE10-NANO-sd-card the HDMI-port seems to be damaged. Is that possible or are there other options to reset the hdmi-port?

I use the DE10-NANO since one year with success. Now I tried to do some opencv over python and updatet some apis for that on the regular de10-nano-sd-card. After doing that immediatly the HDMI output didn't work any more. Because I thought it wasdbecause of the update I changed to my MISTER-SDCARD which worked always fine before. But now the hdmi-output did'nt work too. Everything on my MISTER-SD-CARD i did use as before, but HDMI didn't work. Is the HDMI-Port damaged or may it be that the code in one chip has been changed and should be reseted by an special command. Has anybody an idea?
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: HDMI-port seems to be damaged

Post by Sorgelig »

Download again fixed Menu core.
flenst111
Atarian
Atarian

Post by flenst111 »

Thank you for the quick answere. I just started after your advice,Sorgelig, to build a new MISTER sdcard with the newest MISTER-release and the menu from 19.1.2019, but that did'nt fix the problem.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

well.
You can try previous versions of Linux releases. If none will work then it's by some coincidence your HDMI is damaged. It's possible hidden defect from factory. I don't think it's possible to damage HDMI from software.

Return to “MiSTer”