Is my DE10-Nano Broken?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

witchmaster
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Is my DE10-Nano Broken?

Post by witchmaster »

subw00ter wrote:Is it not OK to use the PSU that comes with the DE10-Nano?
No, it's OK!
arnljot
Atarian
Atarian

Post by arnljot »

I have a brand new terasic de10 nano board which I've tested with three different PSUs, three different displays and three different hdmi cables.

Only combinations that does not work is when I use my board with the screen I intended to use it with. Then the screen remains black and the status led toggles green intermittently and then back to orange with the message "no signal, going back to sleep". The display is an old HP 19" 4:3 screen. This screen works with my raspberry pi and MacBook Pro.

So if you experience this problem, also test with another display.
angelicliver
Atariator
Atariator

Post by angelicliver »

arnljot wrote:I have a brand new terasic de10 nano board which I've tested with three different PSUs, three different displays and three different hdmi cables.

Only combinations that does not work is when I use my board with the screen I intended to use it with. Then the screen remains black and the status led toggles green intermittently and then back to orange with the message "no signal, going back to sleep". The display is an old HP 19" 4:3 screen. This screen works with my raspberry pi and MacBook Pro.

So if you experience this problem, also test with another display.
Have you tried editing MiSTer.ini to try an alternative resolution that might be in-range of your screen? How are you connecting it? A monitor this old is likely VGA and DVI only, are you using an HDMI to DVI adapter?
arnljot
Atarian
Atarian

Post by arnljot »

angelicliver wrote:Have you tried editing MiSTer.ini to try an alternative resolution that might be in-range of your screen? How are you connecting it? A monitor this old is likely VGA and DVI only, are you using an HDMI to DVI adapter?
Thank you, that's good suggestions. I'll have a look into that.

My screen has VGA and the DVI can be digital or analogue. The Terasic de10 nano is connected via an adapter as you correctly surmised, hdmi cable to DVI adapter.
arnljot
Atarian
Atarian

Post by arnljot »

EDIT: dvi_mode=1
Now I can see!

angelicliver wrote:Have you tried editing MiSTer.ini to try an alternative resolution that might be in-range of your screen? How are you connecting it? A monitor this old is likely VGA and DVI only, are you using an HDMI to DVI adapter?
Alas, no luck. I set video_mode in the MISTer.ini to 1 as that should be 1024x768@60Hz according to the comments. This mode is listed as preset 8 in my monitors manual (HP 2036 PE1239) This should be 48,4kHz Horizontal and 60Hz vertical refresh. The model supports up to 1600x1200@93,8Hz. I bought this monitor second hand because I wanted to use it with a Minimig and FPGA Arcade previously, and also Raspberry PI. With it's S-Video and Composite video in it has proven it self very retro friendly in the past. I've tested it with both an adapter and a cable with DVI at one end and HDMI in the other.

I've got a IO Board on my way, so I expect it to work fine with the VGA input, that's the input I've used with the two other FPGA systems with success previously.
HP Manual wrote:The monitor also supports a reduced power state. The reduced power state will be entered into if the monitor detects the absence of either the horizontal sync signal and/or the vertical sync signal.Upon detecting the absence of these signals, the monitor screen is blanked, the backlight is turned off, and the Power light is turned amber.
According to this the amber led means that it looses horizontal or vertical sync with the Terasic.

I think the screen should be usable, as it has max resolution at 1600x1200@60Hz. Horizontal Frequency range is 30 to 75kHz (digital, 94 at analog). Vertical frequency range is48 to 86Hz. It should be capable of displaying my Terasic.
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Well, pretty sure mine is shot....no network connection no matter what i do....just waiting for the supplier to confirm its knacked and wait for a replacement...
djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by djmartins »

comfysofa wrote:Well, pretty sure mine is shot....no network connection no matter what i do....just waiting for the supplier to confirm its knacked and wait for a replacement...
Sorry to hear that.
When you get a running MiSTer you'll love it though...

Return to “MiSTer”