https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Coffea
Retro freak
Retro freak

Re: FX CAST Atari ST core

Post by Coffea »

ijor wrote:
Coffea wrote:I still get no sound with this core .. every other core seems to work fine.
128mb sdram, hdmi video & analog audio connection.
How are you connecting the analog audio? The core won't output analog sound if it doesn't detect the analog I/O board.
I don't need the entire analog I/O board, wouldn't fit in my intended case anyway ... so I just built the audio part from the (easier to read) 5.2 schematic

https://i.imgur.com/9wqUpwZ.png

vanfanel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by vanfanel »

@ijor

Could you at least implement aspect ratio control? This core is SO lovely, yet it looks really bad on 16:9 screens..
Pretty please! :cheers:

breiztiger
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by breiztiger »

or implement the framework from sorgelig :cheers:

hex
Atarian
Atarian

Post by hex »

Does 0.17 work with 128MB?

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by ijor »

Coffea wrote:I don't need the entire analog I/O board, wouldn't fit in my intended case anyway ... so I just built the audio part from the (easier to read) 5.2 schematic
You would need to fool the core into thinking that the analog board is connected. At the minimum ground GPIO1 pin 10 by connecting it to pin 12. Please check (and double check) the schematics to be sure you know exactly what you are doing !!!

Be aware that the core would then drive all the signals that normally output to the analog I/O board, such as the VGA signals. That is not a big problem as long as nothing is connected. Make sure you don't connect anything incompatible or you might damage the board.

Btw, just for curiosity, why do you use analog audio with digital video?
hex wrote:Does 0.17 work with 128MB?
It should. I don't have a 128MB SDRAM board to test actually test it, but support for the newer SDRAM boards was implemented already in a an earlier version.
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Chris23235 »

ijor wrote:
It should. I don't have a 128MB SDRAM board to test actually test it, but support for the newer SDRAM boards was implemented already in a an earlier version.
Works fine here with 128 MB.

Beaps
Atari User
Atari User

Post by Beaps »

Working fine here also with 128

Coffea
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by Coffea »

ijor wrote:
Coffea wrote:I don't need the entire analog I/O board, wouldn't fit in my intended case anyway ... so I just built the audio part from the (easier to read) 5.2 schematic
You would need to fool the core into thinking that the analog board is connected. At the minimum ground GPIO1 pin 10 by connecting it to pin 12. Please check (and double check) the schematics to be sure you know exactly what you are doing !!!

Be aware that the core would then drive all the signals that normally output to the analog I/O board, such as the VGA signals. That is not a big problem as long as nothing is connected. Make sure you don't connect anything incompatible or you might damage the board.

Btw, just for curiosity, why do you use analog audio with digital video?
The only monitor I have that passes though audio from HDMI adds some distortion for some cores / passes no audio at all for others (don't have anything so fancy as a CRT). So I've switched to a screen without audio at all and drive a separate speaker set directly. This does provide sound output on everything I've tried with the exception of fxcast

Ha! Connecting 10 & 12 solved the problem, thanks! I was just pulling GND for the audio from 12.
ijor wrote:
I have a 128 and might have just been lucky, but so far I've not found a core that hasn't worked.

telengard
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by telengard »

Could someone please post the number of menu items down the Pal/Ntsc choice is? The core defaults to PAL on my 15Khz and I can't change it. :lol:

LamerDeluxe

Post by LamerDeluxe »

telengard wrote:Could someone please post the number of menu items down the Pal/Ntsc choice is? The core defaults to PAL on my 15Khz and I can't change it. :lol:
Six down, changes between auto and 60Hz here, with HDMI connected.

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by ijor »

telengard wrote:The core defaults to PAL on my 15Khz and I can't change it. :lol:
15 KHz is currently not supported. VGA output is always scan doubled. It will be supported shortly, but not yet. Sorry.
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

danielb
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by danielb »

Hello,

I am enjoying this core very much, having owned an Atari ST since the 80s, which I recently retrieved from the attic and refurbished.

I do have one request though; would it be possible to allow volume control through the menu? This is the only core that I know of that doesn't allow this.

Thanks for all the work,

D.

Return to “MiSTer”