Minimig (Amiga) core discussion

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

optiroc
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Minimig (Amiga) core discussion

Post by optiroc »

rdbtool, which is part of the amitools set of python utilities, has worked really well for me. It can create HD images as well as partition it and put filesystem binaries in place.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

I've fixed identification for WB3.1.4: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... d56467fb32
Xnyle
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Xnyle »

You need to enable Cache for ChipRAM and Kickstart
:coffe:

How? I guess this goes back to my general question regarding documentation.
kolla
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by kolla »

Maybe 020 and chipram cache should just be automatically turned on when user selects AGA, so that “impossible” configurations can be avoided.
-- kolla
rittwage
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by rittwage »

Not sure if it helps or not, but this Bubble Bobble image has never worked on Minimig cores. It works fine in emulation and on real Amigas...

Reset + GURU after the initial load screen.
<attachment removed>
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

rittwage wrote:Not sure if it helps or not, but this Bubble Bobble image has never worked on Minimig cores. It works fine in emulation and on real Amigas...

This is not warez site!

BB works fine in WHDLoad. So it's probably something common to all fast/later Amigas which has been fixed in whd version.
rittwage
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by rittwage »

Sorgelig wrote:
rittwage wrote:Not sure if it helps or not, but this Bubble Bobble image has never worked on Minimig cores. It works fine in emulation and on real Amigas...

This is not warez site!

BB works fine in WHDLoad. So it's probably something common to all fast/later Amigas which has been fixed in whd version.
Sorry- just an example. It is something about the loader it doesn't like...
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

We need some hacker/cracker which can debug the code from Amiga side (in Minimig) to tell at least what's the problem.
Then i will see if i (or someone) can fix it.
Glaurung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by Glaurung »

I would like to setup a hdd in mister, and isntall workbench 3.14
I can load games but i cant install this hdd
I have a hdd image create with winuae , but dont know what to do next,or if its a compatibel image or whatever.

There is any kind or tutorial from this point? youtube doesnt tells you how to install hdd and WB i mister fpga

What to do next? I have installed WB, but sems that cannot format the hdd with hddtools, maybe I miss something or womething wrong, is there an easy way to do this?
thanks
catenaccio
Atari User
Atari User

Post by catenaccio »

Glaurung wrote:I would like to setup a hdd in mister, and isntall workbench 3.14
I have a hdd image create with winuae , but dont know what to do next,or if its a compatibel image or whatever.

There is any kind or tutorial from this point? youtube doesnt tells you how to install hdd and WB i mister fpga

What to do next? I have installed WB, but sems that cannot format the hdd with hddtools, maybe I miss something or womething wrong, is there an easy way to do this?
thanks
Maybe this helps:

https://youtu.be/x7qRdR2_ZzA
chaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by chaos »

Sorgelig wrote: 68020 has cache (i-cache), so for AGA chipram cache must be enabled. I also suggest to enable d-cache.
Hi Sorgelig,

the reason that the chipram cache was implemented was that without it, the 16-bit bus of the tg68k core is significantly slower than a real AGA machine, which would have a 32-bit bus. The cache is 'faking' faster data transfers to the CPU. It doesn't match the speed of a real AGA machine perfectly, but it mostly works OK (the 'mostly' part is why it is meant to be switchable).

BTW, really nice work with the MiSTer and all of its cores! :thumbs:
** my minimig builds: http://somuch.guru/ **
tom5151
Retro freak
Retro freak

Post by tom5151 »

Sorgelig wrote: don't look at -97Meg - it's just meaningless visual bug in WB3.1. CHS parameters are OK. So you can use WB3.1 for initialization of empty HDF. Then switch to 3.1.4 for partitioning. No problem to do this with 16GB HDF for example.

I need some one who can analyze HDToolBox code form 3.1.4 and tell me which offset is used to get cylinders. Then i will fix the problem.
Thanks for your help, my 512mb and 3999mb HDFs are now initialized :)
But, it doesn't work with my 8192mb HDF.
When I initialize it with WB3.1 install disk, it says: "Size : 157K (0 Meg)"
Ok, let's say it's the visual bug from WB3.1 you described.
But when I quit and want to save changes, I have this error message: "Error 20 on write"
Sorgelig wrote:I've fixed identification for WB3.1.4: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... d56467fb32
Can't wait for a release version, thanks.
Xnyle
Atarian
Atarian

Post by Xnyle »

Could someone explain what to define in the Miami Deluxe config in order to get the ppp connection running smoothly and without interaction?

I tried to the best of my knowledge but partially failed. I configured a new Dialer with default options.
Upon connecting an also newly configured ppp0 interface (dhcp enabled) It's opening a new dialing window and does some dial scripts, but I have to press Online manually, then it comlains about not being able to find an ip address and DNS, I have to cancel both windows and THEN I'm connected anyway. DNS is not working but I can ping other hosts via IP.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

I didn't try Miami DX, i use AmiTCP where i choose fixed connection over serial with dynamic IP. So, no dialing.
Glaurung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by Glaurung »

catenaccio wrote:
Glaurung wrote:I would like to setup a hdd in mister, and isntall workbench 3.14

thanks
Maybe this helps:

https://youtu.be/x7qRdR2_ZzA

Ok It works perfect now!

I have noticed that the last amiga .rbf release,starts slower than the previous.
5-7s previous
18-20s last release

The screen resolution is odd, 640x512 only fills the center of the screen, is any way to improve this?(Oher resolutions has similar results.)
optiroc
Atariator
Atariator

Post by optiroc »

Glaurung wrote:The screen resolution is odd, 640x512 only fills the center of the screen, is any way to improve this?(Oher resolutions has similar results.)
There’s an “adjust screen” option on the last configuration screen (or named something similar to that) that lets you adjust the crop. It handles the different video modes individually.
Glaurung
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by Glaurung »

optiroc wrote:
Glaurung wrote:The screen resolution is odd, 640x512 only fills the center of the screen, is any way to improve this?(Oher resolutions has similar results.)
There’s an “adjust screen” option on the last configuration screen (or named something similar to that) that lets you adjust the crop. It handles the different video modes individually.
yes, it's called overscan, in system/prefs.
But doenst do anything when you adjust the screen to borders.

EDIT:ok, it works now, it was text size option, instead of graph size (wierd but true)
optiroc
Atariator
Atariator

Post by optiroc »

Glaurung wrote:
optiroc wrote:There’s an “adjust screen” option on the last configuration screen (or named something similar to that) that lets you adjust the crop. It handles the different video modes individually.
yes, it's called overscan, in system/prefs.
But doenst do anything when you adjust the screen to borders.

EDIT:ok, it works now, it was text size option, instead of graph size (wierd but true)
No, I was referring to a Minimig core option in the MiSTer OSD.

The Workbench overscan options can be useful too, I suppose, but not for adjusting the screen size or crop factor for games and demos.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

I don't know where, may be in this thread or on github someone mentioned the problem of loading configs due to some parts of RAM not cleared. And there was link to fix.
Does anyone remember it?
gsargent70
Atarian
Atarian

Post by gsargent70 »

Sorgelig wrote:I've fixed identification for WB3.1.4: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... d56467fb32
Thanks Sorgelig! That is awesome as this was giving me huge headaches. :D
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

Latest release contains M68K CPU in the code but disabled in favour of well tested TG68K. Developers who want to participate in fixing M68K core can add define in cpu_wrapper (M68K20) and compile it.
Currently M68K has some problems such as:
1) non-working 68000 mode. But M68K is not used for 68000 mode in new Minimig, so this problem is irrelevant to Minimig and can be skipped.
2) some bugs in opcodes. For example Jim Power crashes soon after game started.
Overall M68K needs more testing.
apolkosnik
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by apolkosnik »

I ran cputester against fx68k core, got 3 hits. 2 were from div, which might be still fine since it's only CCR flags, but UNLK instruction looks like it has a real problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

apolkosnik wrote:I ran cputester against fx68k core, got 3 hits. 2 were from div, which might be still fine since it's only CCR flags, but UNLK instruction looks like it has a real problem.
please open issue in FX68K repo: https://github.com/ijor/fx68k
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

according to DIVU/DIVS, Z flag is undefined in case of overflow.
Probably test expects the result from practical measure which may or maynot be true. Not sure if it can be treated as bug.

Just tried UNLK A7 in HRTMon and didn't find the problem. Also tried it in 68020 mode and got the same result. Can it be a bug of cputest?
Unfortunately your report file doesn't include the dump from SP memory, so there is not enough input/output info to judge.
ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by ijor »

apolkosnik wrote:I ran cputester against fx68k core, got 3 hits. 2 were from div, which might be still fine since it's only CCR flags, but UNLK instruction looks like it has a real problem.
The Z flag on division overflow was fixed recently. Previously it might be correct or not depending on the compilation build.

The UNLK issue sounds strange, but I will check it. Can you please provide the relevant cputester data files please? Only for 68000, only for this specific UNLK instruction. Are the cputester data files available online somewhere?
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

Return to “MiSTer”