PC Engine core

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

trashuncle
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: PC Engine core

Post by trashuncle »

I've checked the list of all games released on all versions of the Mini and did not see a single game that has not already been ripped / dumped elsewhere.

Curious as well as to which game or games you may be referring to.

BitsNStuff
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by BitsNStuff »

There are some hidden M2 games that they call the Near Arcade versions.

https://youtu.be/f03lMld7tW4

trashuncle
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by trashuncle »

I was under the impression those were actual arcade games, not PC Engine games. Interesting.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

pc engine mini is kind of RPi, so there is a chance those alternative versions have nothing to do with PC engine itself.

MrKarai
Atarian
Atarian

Post by MrKarai »

trashuncle wrote:I was under the impression those were actual arcade games, not PC Engine games. Interesting.
From how I understand it, they are conversions which were common in the OG romhacking scene in Japan in the late 80s. It was the same for the Famicom version of Gradius. Rumor has it, Konami made it deliberately worse than the arcade version. Some enthusiasts figured out how to hack the rom and upgrade the visuals to get much closer to the arcade version. This was actually in a segment in "Game Center CX" - just please don't ask me which episode exactly. Putting those "near arcade versions" onto the Minis is a way of paying tribute to those Japanese OGs from the old days.

dshadoff
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by dshadoff »

Because of the nature of the differences shown in the various videos, they appear to be adjusted/recompiled versions of the PC Engine ROMs (or extractions from CDROM).

But I haven't heard of any actual extractions/leaks yet, so we can't be certain until this happens.

cugel
Atarian
Atarian

Post by cugel »

I'm getting no character or enemy sprites in Lady Sword, both the translation and the orginal.

Return to “MiSTer”