Arcade cores

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

esmith13
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Arcade cores

Post by esmith13 »

jca wrote: A while back someone posted a spreadsheet listing all cores (I think it was NML32).
Here is the link.
There's no link in your post. Thanks.
NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by NML32 »

esmith13 wrote:
jca wrote: A while back someone posted a spreadsheet listing all cores (I think it was NML32).
Here is the link.
I think this is the Google Sheet you were referring to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... TT_jkZlBbI
esmith13
Atari User
Atari User

Post by esmith13 »

NML32 wrote:I think this is the Google Sheet you were referring to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... TT_jkZlBbI
Thank you!
jca
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Post by jca »

esmith13 wrote:
Here is the link.
My bad, I was in hurry to go to lunch, copied the link and forgot to paste it. :lol:
I see that you got it. It is a very useful spreadsheet with a lot of information, that is a fantastic job.
esmith13
Atari User
Atari User

Post by esmith13 »

jca wrote:My bad, I was in hurry to go to lunch, copied the link and forgot to paste it. :lol:
I see that you got it. It is a very useful spreadsheet with a lot of information, that is a fantastic job.
No worries & Thank you as well!
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Newbie attemp at building an arcade rom.

Post by comfysofa »

As above im trying to build my first Rom (Defender - the main reason ive got the mister setup) - i think ive done everything right. Ive ended up with the file "a.dfndr.rom" which is only 28k in size (seems a bit small) - ive chucked that onto the root of the memory card and when i navigate to the arcade/defender and hit the space bar i just get a blue screen. Have i missed something?
BigMac740p
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: Newbie attemp at building an arcade rom.

Post by BigMac740p »

comfysofa wrote:As above im trying to build my first Rom (Defender - the main reason ive got the mister setup) - i think ive done everything right. Ive ended up with the file "a.dfndr.rom" which is only 28k in size (seems a bit small) - ive chucked that onto the root of the memory card and when i navigate to the arcade/defender and hit the space bar i just get a blue screen. Have i missed something?
Why reinvent the wheel, check this scripts: https://github.com/RetroDriven/MiSTerMAME
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

BigMac740p wrote:
comfysofa wrote:As above im trying to build my first Rom (Defender - the main reason ive got the mister setup) - i think ive done everything right. Ive ended up with the file "a.dfndr.rom" which is only 28k in size (seems a bit small) - ive chucked that onto the root of the memory card and when i navigate to the arcade/defender and hit the space bar i just get a blue screen. Have i missed something?
Why reinvent the wheel, check this scripts: https://github.com/RetroDriven/MiSTerMAME
Ok - did that but it didnt do anything.....still the same...not really sure what it does though...
BigMac740p
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by BigMac740p »

comfysofa wrote:
BigMac740p wrote:
Ok - did that but it didnt do anything.....still the same...not really sure what it does though...
This script should automatically download most of the arcades Roms. But there is some "conflits" with the old solution and the new with .MRA files. Sometime its easier start for scratch with a fresh formatted SD card.
jca

Post by jca »

comfysofa wrote:
BigMac740p wrote:
Create the directory structure as shown on RetroDriven github, place the rbf files in cores and the mra files in _Arcade, edit the ini file if needed then run the script.
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Ah - ok - ill reformat and try again...so, best just run that script from scratch without doing anything else?

Thanks very much...leads me to another question but, ill put in a second one for that!

Cheers
jca

Post by jca »

comfysofa wrote:Ah - ok - ill reformat and try again...so, best just run that script from scratch without doing anything else?

Thanks very much...leads me to another question but, ill put in a second one for that!

Cheers
You don't have to reformat anything.
jca

Post by jca »

The new mra system does not work when 2 versions of a core are in the _Arcade/cores directory:
I was testing the new setname option of the mra system. I downloaded the new pacman rbf and mra files, deleted the old one.
I did the same with Galaxian but forgot to delete the old rbf.
Testing the new pacman arcades which went fine. No so for Galaxian until I remembered of not having deleted the old core. Once I deleted the old core everything went fine.
jca

Post by jca »

Latest Pacman release:
Ther Glob.mra should be The Glob.mra
djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by djmartins »

jca wrote:Latest Pacman release:
Ther Glob.mra should be The Glob.mra
I just changed the name of the MRA file and surely that would have been noticed in due time....
jca

Post by jca »

Something strange with the MCR3Mono:
Yesterday I downloaded the beta version and everything was fine.
Today I updated the menu core, the MCR3Mono core and associated mra files and it does not work so well, only a black screen.

Update:
My zips were gone, not sure what happened. Although no zip were present I did not get any error message. Is this normal?
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

ok - so reading this...after ive just formatted...

Totally lost now on what ive got to do...just updating again now...
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Back where i started...blue screen.

Backed everything up first.
Formatted.
Copied the updated the menu and mister files.
Enabled samba and passworded
Stuck it in the mister
ran the mister updater
ran the retro driven script. - launched defender, got a black screen
put the a.dfndr rom back in the root - got a blue screen (same as before)

ill keep reading up....
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

So, found an updater script by Locutus which says essentially "just use this" i did...still a blue screen..i can only think at the moment that the reason its not working is ive got the wrong files or missing files in the wrong place....
comfysofa
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Post by comfysofa »

Wow - i got something working....only tested a couple but i got defender working....not really sure how....ran the rom builder which dumped a load of roms in the "Bootrom" area - ran defender - it worked! brilliant....tried another fav - xevious but just got a green screen although ive got that on the turbo grafx (one area [the only one] i have got working....

So, i did get a blue screen on defender and a green screen on xevious - is there some constant to that....? (just wondered)

As its looks pretty obvious im crap at this i think the more challenge wont be playing the games but just getting them working!
BassKnight
Atarian
Atarian

Post by BassKnight »

Just found the Pleiads MRA file points to the Phoenix core, and it works. I suppose the boards must be very similar.
djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by djmartins »

jca wrote:Update:
My zips were gone, not sure what happened. Although no zip were present I did not get any error message. Is this normal?
Yes, the console connection shows where it can't find the zip fine.
Think I have only seen a "no rbf found" error message on loading of arcade cores.
djmartins
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by djmartins »

Wow there sure a lot more arcade cores!
Thanks one and all who did it.
Most work great but I did notice that the Victory core is upside down.
Same for other people?
Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Post by Sorgelig »

djmartins wrote:I did notice that the Victory core is upside down.
On HDMI it's correct.
On VGA some games are 90deg some 270deg. This is normal.
trashuncle
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by trashuncle »

Sorgelig wrote:
djmartins wrote:I did notice that the Victory core is upside down.
On HDMI it's correct.
On VGA some games are 90deg some 270deg. This is normal.
Get your PVM on a giant industrial wall mounted swivel. :D

Return to “MiSTer”