V4SA (68K amiga FPGA) booting several system

Other FPGA systems, e.g. Turbo Chameleon.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

V4SA (68K amiga FPGA) booting several system

Post by OL »

Hello

You can look at this video booting several Amiga system and Emutos on V4SA (Vampire standalone computer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mtb-2Y ... e=youtu.be
OL
ThorstenOtto
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: V4SA (68K amiga FPGA) booting several system

Post by ThorstenOtto »

Funny. A bootloader that was released 10-10-2020. Is he ahead of time? ;)
shoggoth
Nature
Nature

Post by shoggoth »

Well it does look like stuff from the future.
Ain't no space like PeP-space.
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

ThorstenOtto wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:10 am Funny. A bootloader that was released 10-10-2020. Is he ahead of time? ;)
Not yet available for download, need wait October 10 2020! Good news I can stabilize the Emutos part (finished yesterday evening) and try enhance a bit if I have time.
OL
frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Post by frank.lukas »

is there a list of supported Hardware (ports) that use EmuTOS with the V4 stanalone?
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

frank.lukas wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am is there a list of supported Hardware (ports) that use EmuTOS with the V4 standalone?
For the moment supported only mouse and keyboard in fact not ports, the support come from Amiga hardware

At this time Emutos support 1 plane, 2 plane and 4 planes ST formats in several resolution up to 960*540 (limit for the moment of the core)
fVDI support 16 bits and 32 bits 960*540 only
Emutos support Vsetscreen init up to 32 bits (now fVDI use this rather manage init by itself) but VDI Emutos itself only support 1,2 and 4 planes

IDE port is supported by Emutos

Should be possible support joystick ports and Ethernet port but not done for the moment.
USB port for moment no access but plane by Vampire team.

Sound is in progress.

OL
OL
Orion_
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Orion_ »

OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm At this time Emutos support 1 plane, 2 plane and 4 planes ST formats in several resolution up to 960*540 (limit for the moment of the core)
Emutos support Vsetscreen init up to 32 bits (now fVDI use this rather manage init by itself) but VDI Emutos itself only support 1,2 and 4 planes
Nice that the 2 / 4 planes are now supported !
I can't wait to get a V4SA to try higher screen mode and maybe port some of my games
but it seems that getting a V4SA is not as easy, I sent a request via their website but still no answer :(
OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm Sound is in progress.
This is what is lacking at the moment to port my game on Emutos/Amiga, I tried to dig into the source of Emutos to add the Sound support, I had one or two xbios sound functions working but my biggest problem was to implement the Buffptr() function, since the amiga hardware doesn't have a way to get the current sample playing position, I had an idea to estimate the position using a timer depending on the frequency of the current sound playing, but I don't know much about the amiga hardware and I couldn't go further.
I wanted to try another way with interrupts at the end of a playing buffer, but while it works very well on the amiga side, it seems that it's not much the way the atari sound hardware work.
well, now that Emutos is at version 1.0, I guess my change in the 0.9.12 code are no longer correct
My retro games shop including Atari ST/Falcon/Firebee games ! -- Free Atari games/demos/tools -- Free Falcon demos/tools
Atari Falcon 030 14MB // Atari Mega STe 4MB + SD2SCSI 1GB + Pico PSU + Gotek HxC // Atari STe 2MB
BlankVector
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by BlankVector »

OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm Should be possible support joystick ports and Ethernet port but not done for the moment.
Amiga joysticks have been supported through the IKBD vectors since EmuTOS 0.9.8. This can be used with PmDoom for example, official unpatched Atari binary. However, PmDoom requires the fVDI video driver.
Subscribe to my Vretrocomputing channel on YouTube and Facebook. Latest video: React to keyboard in assembly language on Atari ST.
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

Orion_ wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:49 am
OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm At this time Emutos support 1 plane, 2 plane and 4 planes ST formats in several resolution up to 960*540 (limit for the moment of the core)
Nice that the 2 / 4 planes are now supported !
I can't wait to get a V4SA to try higher screen mode and maybe port some of my games
but it seems that getting a V4SA is not as easy, I sent a request via their website but still no answer :(
OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm Sound is in progress.
This is what is lacking at the moment to port my game on Emutos/Amiga, I tried to dig into the source of Emutos to add the Sound support, I had one or two xbios sound functions working but my biggest problem was to implement the Buffptr() function, since the amiga hardware doesn't have a way to get the current sample playing position, I had an idea to estimate the position using a timer depending on the frequency of the current sound playing, but I don't know much about the amiga hardware and I couldn't go further.
I wanted to try another way with interrupts at the end of a playing buffer, but while it works very well on the amiga side, it seems that it's not much the way the atari sound hardware work.
well, now that Emutos is at version 1.0, I guess my change in the 0.9.12 code are no longer correct
Only way I know is to connect here for order: http://www.apollo-core.com/index.htm?pa ... page=order

I agree Buffptr() is a problem, is it really important to have it, only interrupt when a buffer is finished not enough with a buffer already ready?

Yes I agree sound is not easy.
OL
OL
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by OL »

BlankVector wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:39 am
OL wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:14 pm Should be possible support joystick ports and Ethernet port but not done for the moment.
Amiga joysticks have been supported through the IKBD vectors since EmuTOS 0.9.8. This can be used with PmDoom for example, official unpatched Atari binary. However, PmDoom requires the fVDI video driver.
For the moment PmDoom crash on R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon on, my Majhong Lopan port crash after display. I think it was working before core update, perhaps something wrong in my fVDI driver

In fact all SDL programs failed for the moment while globally it work nice except some issue with fVDI with external fonts
OL

Return to “Others”