Jotego cores 20200508 updates:

https://github.com/jotego/jtbin/commit/ ... 0ec8a46887

Sound works again for jt1943.rbf.

jotego
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Post by jotego »

slingshot wrote:Re-create the ROMs and ARC files from tha MRAs (and don't forget to rename the rbf to jt1943.rbf). As a bonus, you'll get 4 versions of the game.
However sound/music is missing for me from this release.
+there are some too long settings in the MRA, they break the OSD (2 Player Coins).
+rotate controls doesn't rotate the OSD
It might be the case that music was off in the OSD :shrug: I think that generating the ARC with an older version of the MRA tool might have produced a bad default value for the status word.

Using an updated mra tool should have no issues on the OSD for DIP switches.

Deleting all .CFG files will help avoid problems too.
--
Source code of all my cores here.
My Patreon page here.

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Where I can find latest mra tool ?

Thanks

retrofun
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by retrofun »

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

Many thanks

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by DanyPPC »

There is only an mra 32-bit which I can't use on my 64-bit system.
But is there really still someone who uses a 32-bit operating system ? :shrug:

Excuse me

OK, I found > this < but the created roms don't work with new cores 20200508.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Post by slingshot »

That's a 64-bit Linux binary in retrofun's link.
The official mra tool creates correct ROM files, you must have some other problems.

retrofun
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Post by retrofun »

Seb updated his mra-tool repo with the latest changes from Jotego. Coin/unused dip switches in ARC output will be omited now.

MasterOfGizmo
Atari God
Atari God

Post by MasterOfGizmo »

Like many other people in lockdown I need to entertain the kids. So I decided that it's time for some serious education and I told the kids about arcade cabinets. And of course it may be fun to build one with a portrait screen. So 1943 is pretty welcome.

Also I think i'll add a simple feature to the firmware: A custom button (on keyboard perhaps) that does nothing else but cycling to the next available core on SD card. With a few cores on card you'd just hit that button in order to switch games. Alternally one could assign some buttons or keys to a fixed map of cores so that each button would imediately launch a core. I reallyneed to think about that a little more. But the OSD is IMHO not really suited for an arcade setup. That needs something more trivial to use ...

Which other upright arcade cores do we have? I must admit that the ones from the namco system 1 would be pretty welcome :D
Pacman and Galaga also come to mind. But they aren't very impressive. The Namco system 1 would give PacMania and Galaga'88 instead.
MIST board, FPGA based Atari STE and more: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

Hello, do you know why last Jotego's core don't create and save .CFG files? :shrug: It seems to be a firmware related problem :( . And if I put a blank .CFG, settings are saved, but files get corrupted.
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

MasterOfGizmo
Atari God
Atari God

Post by MasterOfGizmo »

I am pretty sure it works for me. Just yesterday i setup a 1943 setting with the latest firmware and the latest core and the resulting image was upside down. So i adjusted this in the OSD and saved the config. Since then the video is displaying upside up as expected.

What exactly does not work for you? Can you repeat this with a blank SD card? How exactly?
MIST board, FPGA based Atari STE and more: https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

MasterOfGizmo wrote:I am pretty sure it works for me. Just yesterday i setup a 1943 setting with the latest firmware and the latest core and the resulting image was upside down. So i adjusted this in the OSD and saved the config. Since then the video is displaying upside up as expected.

What exactly does not work for you? Can you repeat this with a blank SD card? How exactly?
Well, talking with Jotego and Manuferhi, it seems that now MiST doesn't like my SD. I've using a new Micro-SD card with an adaptor and it works :D :cheers:

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God

Post by slingshot »

I think this is issue pops up time-to-time (unable to save .CFG). I also found a bug where sometimes the firmware doesn't find the core directory, and shows the root directory when the OSD is opened. Just have to find the solution, too.
The problem is not with the hardware, but with the FAT driver in the firmware somewhere.

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

MasterOfGizmo wrote:Which other upright arcade cores do we have? I must admit that the ones from the namco system 1 would be pretty welcome :D

Pacman and Galaga also come to mind. But they aren't very impressive. The Namco system 1 would give PacMania and Galaga'88 instead.
1942, 1943, Ali Baba, Amidar, Ant Eater, Armored Car, Azurian Attack, Bagman, Battle of Atlantis, Battle Road (The), Biridiy, Black Hole, Bombjack, Burger Time, Burnin Runner, Calipso, Capitol, Catacomb, Centipede, Chewing Gum, Colony 7, Commando, Crazy Kong, Crush Roller, Devil Fish, Dig Dug, Dig Dug 2, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Dorodon, Dream Shopper, Eeekk!, Eggor, Eyes, Frogger, Galaga, Galaxian, Gorkans, Gun Smoke, Jin, Journey, Kickman, King and Baloon, Ladybug, Legendary Wings, Lizard Wizard, Lost Tomb, Lucky Today, Maniac Miner, Mappy, Mara, Mighty Monkey, Minefield, Moon Cresta, Moon War, Motos, Mr Do Nightmare, Mr. TNT, MS Pac-Man, Orbitron, Pac-Man, Pengo, Phoenix, Pickin, Pisces, Pleiads, Pooyan, Power Surge, Rescue, Satan's Hollow, Scramble, Shot Rider, Solar Fox, Space Invaders (and other Taito games using 8080), Speed Coin, Spy Hunter, Super Bagman, Super Cobra, Super Glob, Tazzmania, The End, The Tower of Druaga, Time Piloto, Traverse USA (Zippy Race), Triple Draw Poker, Tron, Turbo Tag, Turtles, Uniwar S, Van Van Car, Víctory, Vulgus, Woodpecker, Xevious (and Super Xevious), Youjyudn, Zaxxon and Zig Zag are upright/vertical arcade games you can download and enjoy on MiST :D

And 1941 and Varth will be available soon :D also.

Enjoy!

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

Crazy Balloon, 1980's classic from Taito is now available on MiST:

https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... %20Balloon

Super Zaxxon has been updated, now with sound :D :cheers:

https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA_C ... 20Hardware

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

cjug74
Atarian
Atarian

Post by cjug74 »

Hello, I am having trouble with gng, I keep getting what seems a service menu of the game when it starts.

I just updated Mist firmware to 200725 and tried generating the rom with the MRA tool and also via sh file, but I get the same result.

Thank you!

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

cjug74 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 am
Hello, I am having trouble with gng, I keep getting what seems a service menu of the game when it starts.

I just updated Mist firmware to 200725 and tried generating the rom with the MRA tool and also via sh file, but I get the same result.

Thank you!
Disable the Service Mode on the OSD :wink:

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

cjug74
Atarian
Atarian

Post by cjug74 »

I'm afraid I cannot find the option in it. I have only 3 files in the SD Card, Ghosts'n Goblins (World set 1).arc, gng.rom and jtgng_20200728.rbf, this last one renamed to core.rbf.

Upon hitting F12 I get the following options:
IMG_20200801.jpg
What I am missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cjug74 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

cjug74
Atarian
Atarian

Post by cjug74 »

I finally got it right. I believe I was trying to load it erroneously, also I renamed the rom to jtgng. Now I start it from the arc file and it loads OK.

Thanks for your support!

vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by vebxenon »

cjug74 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 am
I finally got it right. I believe I was trying to load it erroneously, also I renamed the rom to jtgng. Now I start it from the arc file and it loads OK.

Thanks for your support!
Great! :cheers:

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

Return to “MiST”