Searchable PDF Manuals for Cubeat 2.0 (plus disk image), Notator Alpha 1.1, Notator/Creator SL 3.1

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Searchable PDF Manuals for Cubeat 2.0 (plus disk image), Notator Alpha 1.1, Notator/Creator SL 3.1

Post by matt »

I got busy with some preservation.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/atari-st-music-44116318

Searchable PDF Manuals:
• Cubeat 2.0 (338 pages)
• Notator Alpha 1.1 (258 pages)
• Notator SL/Creator SL 3.1 (770 pages)

Plus a disk image and zip of the relatively rare Cubeat 2.0:
• Cubeat 2.0 Disk (720kb)

Enjoy! And please consider supporting my patreon.

matt
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Searchable PDF Manuals for Cubeat 2.0 (plus disk image), Notator Alpha 1.1, Notator/Creator SL 3.1

Post by charles »

im considering selling my cubeat prgm , all original .....what price should I ask for it ?
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Searchable PDF Manuals for Cubeat 2.0 (plus disk image), Notator Alpha 1.1, Notator/Creator SL 3.1

Post by matt »

No idea, sorry!
MisterUndo
Atarian
Atarian

Post by MisterUndo »

matt wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 pm I got busy with some preservation.

Searchable PDF Manuals:
• Cubeat 2.0 (338 pages)
Thanks!
matt wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 pm
Do you need the original Cubeat dongle to use this program?
kola
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by kola »

Matt,

Thanks for much for the Notator manual. I am struggling to work out how to search it though? Can you offer any pointers? I usually just download and open with a PDF reader and use the PDF readers search facilities.

How I wish someone who knew a bit about programming could do for the Notator 3.1 manual the same as this genius did for the Master Tracks Pro one. It just loads up in a web browser and is neat and crisp. All sorted and spaced out (Like me at a prodigy concert ha)

http://atari-music.fddvoron.name/mtpro.html
k2500x
Atari User
Atari User

Post by k2500x »

So happy to see this Notator manual looking sharp with actual text, not just an image. Thank you kindly, Matt!! :cheers:
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

Where is a good spot to upload full genedit manual?
Miguel
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by Miguel »

I scanned the full Notator SL manual for AMN but it ended up in some obscure corner of the site playing second fiddle to some more prominently placed old incomplete upload....then of course the site disintegrated. I am glad you also scanned and put up the manual for others.
matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by matt »

MisterUndo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:57 pm Do you need the original Cubeat dongle to use this program?
Yes. If you don't have the dongle try to find a crack.
kola wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 amThanks for much for the Notator manual. I am struggling to work out how to search it though? Can you offer any pointers? I usually just download and open with a PDF reader and use the PDF readers search facilities.
You can download my scanned, searchable PDF from the internet archive page.
kola wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 am How I wish someone who knew a bit about programming could do for the Notator 3.1 manual the same as this genius did for the Master Tracks Pro one. It just loads up in a web browser and is neat and crisp. All sorted and spaced out (Like me at a prodigy concert ha)
That's not something I would entertain. But you can get the raw text from the internet archive page. Or you can use your PDF reader or ebook reader to display the text from the PDF like you want. So you can do this yourself!
k2500x wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:22 pm So happy to see this Notator manual looking sharp with actual text, not just an image. Thank you kindly, Matt!! :cheers:
My pleasure. I may redo it at some point and replace the file as my tools have improved since I did this. I kept the scans and the conversion process is largely automatic if you have all the gear.
charles wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm Where is a good spot to upload full genedit manual?
Internet Archive is a great place as it will be available for everybody for all time.
Miguel wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:09 pm I am glad you also scanned and put up the manual for others.
My pleasure. Thanks for the kind words.
Waxjoz
Atari User
Atari User

Post by Waxjoz »

charles wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:56 pm Where is a good spot to upload full genedit manual?
The file section of the Atari ST musicians network on Facebook? :D
Kind regardz,

Joz

http://www.moonglowmusic.nl
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

ahhh yes , the place within the other hidden million groups ......forgot I am a member ,,, thanks
k2500x
Atari User
Atari User

Post by k2500x »

matt wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 pm I got busy with some preservation.

Searchable PDF Manuals:
• Cubeat 2.0 (338 pages)

Enjoy! And please consider supporting my patreon.

matt
Any chance to work your magic on “The Complete Cubase Handbook” ?
https://docdro.id/l2dHYC1

I’d like to see searchable PDF, and single page per screen if possible.
Thanks!
matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by matt »

Here we go: https://archive.org/details/the-complet ... e-handbook

For your own use, make sure to download the PDF directly from the list on the right hand side.

Software used:
- splitting the PDF vertically (mutool poster)
- rearrange odd/even pages (custom script)
- OCR (Adobe Acrobat)
crashman
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by crashman »

Thanks for your work matt!
wow, 4 years since I uploaded to FB...
260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 520STFM, 1040STE, 4160STE, STACY 2, MEGA ST2, MEGA ST4, MEGA STE, TT030, FALCON030, FALCON030 with Centurbo 2rB, Firebee
SH204, Megafile 30, Megafile 60, Megafile 44
SM124, SM125, SM146, SC1224, SC1435
Satandisk, Ultrasatan, HxC SD, Hxc SD Slim, NetUSBee, CosmosEX, Gotek HxC, MicroCosmos
2600VCS, LYNX, LYNX II, JAGUAR
dbsys
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by dbsys »

Wow, that's great news.

Thanks @matt for providing a searchable Cubase Handbook.
k2500x
Atari User
Atari User

Post by k2500x »

matt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:57 pm Here we go: https://archive.org/details/the-complet ... e-handbook

For your own use, make sure to download the PDF directly from the list on the right hand side.

Software used:
- splitting the PDF vertically (mutool poster)
- rearrange odd/even pages (custom script)
- OCR (Adobe Acrobat)
This is totally amazing. Does this take much work to do the conversions?

I often read my PDFs in a text-to-speech software called Voice Dream Reader on an iPad . Sometimes when I get “user manual fatigue” I just have it start reading to me as it highlights each word/sentence as it’s going through the PDF. While the Notator and Cubeat manuals work perfect with voice dream, this one does have some problems. It seems to be highlighting whole pages as the single sentences. And often times it’s forcing me to view the previous page whilst reading from the next, so I can’t even see the cursor at all. Anyway I’m thrilled to have this pdf as searchable and I want to thank you again for all your efforts!
matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by matt »

It took a long time to figure out the best way to do these things, many failed attempts and much trial and error over the years. But now that it's known, it's easy and just takes time.

Splitting and rearranging take a minute or so each. The OCR process takes time, but I leave it running in another virtual desktop.

There is a difference with the way I did Notator and Cubase manuals, with those I did the OCR a slightly different way that takes even longer, and changes the quality of the image. I'm interested to hear there is a difference for text-to-speech.

I've processed this book the other way and we can see if it's better for you. There is a 2nd PDF "alternate" download at the page above. Let me know how you get on with it.

Are there other books that would benefit from this? I can't do every one but will take a look.

Otherwise, if you upload a PDF to internet archive it does OCR of its own. Not as good as these results, but might be OK for some books.

I also accept donations for my time doing things like this: https://www.patreon.com/gingerbeardman or https://paypal.me/mattsephton
k2500x
Atari User
Atari User

Post by k2500x »

matt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:43 pm
There is a difference with the way I did Notator and Cubase manuals, with those I did the OCR a slightly different way that takes even longer, and changes the quality of the image. I'm interested to hear there is a difference for text-to-speech.

I also accept donations for my time doing things like this: https://www.patreon.com/gingerbeardman or https://paypal.me/mattsephton
It’s reading the words and following along whilst highlighting the text perfect now!

I’ve made a donation for your efforts. Thanks again, and I may take you up on your offer to do more conversions sometime soon,

:cheers:
matt
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by matt »

OK! That's great to hear, I'll always do the slower method for such books from now on.

And thanks for the beer money!

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”