Super Librarian (Pixel Publishing)

Somewhere to chat about MIDI music creation, sequencers and related hardware

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Super Librarian (Pixel Publishing)

Post by Fujiyama »

Does anyone know if "Super Librarian" (Pixel publishing, Toronto, Canada, 1988) has been released as freeware or if the author can be contacted somewhere to ask if this would be possible?
STe | MonSTer with dual IDE-CF adapter | NEC Multisync 1990SXi | ST_ESCC | RSVE | WB Systemtechnik Link '97 | Sony HD floppy drive w/AJAX | Exxos HD floppy module | Ricoh battery-backed realtime clock module | Discovery cartridge | C-Lab Unitor-2 | C-Lab Export | C-Lab Combiner | C-Lab Steady Eye | C-Lab Human Touch | Unicorn USB

Are you a good person?
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Re: Super Librarian (Pixel Publishing)

Post by charles »

try googling or searching this site
I seem to recall this prgm from couple years ago

never mind quik to click and I did it
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... an#p380239
The radioactive half-life : )
Atari is a lifestyle,not a hobby.
HOLD ON ! ! ! Im printing unreadable characters ...!
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

Thanks, but the link isn't working.
I prefer the legal route if possible, so does anyone know if it's been released as freeware or where to get hold of the author?
STe | MonSTer with dual IDE-CF adapter | NEC Multisync 1990SXi | ST_ESCC | RSVE | WB Systemtechnik Link '97 | Sony HD floppy drive w/AJAX | Exxos HD floppy module | Ricoh battery-backed realtime clock module | Discovery cartridge | C-Lab Unitor-2 | C-Lab Export | C-Lab Combiner | C-Lab Steady Eye | C-Lab Human Touch | Unicorn USB

Are you a good person?
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

yes you had better go legal
I see a strong direrction in the about sup lib pulldown
Super_001.jpg

Super_001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

Yes, I think so.
I suppose it's a good idea to find a single universal librarian you're comfortable with so as to organize things in a tidy manner, create a good workflow and eliminate the need to switch programs all the time (frustrating to do in single TOS).
What do you (and others reading) consider the best universal librarian to use?
Super Librarian could be used as an ACCessory, couldn't it? That would make it very handy for accessing from within anywhere, any time.

It's been a while since I used the ST for this, and didn't really take the time to get fully aquainted with the available software at the time, but I have dongles/software for C-Lab's Sounddiver, Sound-surfer, Polyframe and even a dedicated DX-7 editor called X-alyzer. Very cool with its FFT (fast fourier transform) display of sounds even though it took a while to generate. Sort of like an affordable Fairlight :wink:
Talking about sampler I think it can actually export DX-7 sounds as samples via MIDI SDS dumps!
Oh, I also found that I have the original install disks/license for Dr. T's Xor but I haven't spent much time getting into it. Then there's Hybrid Arts' Genedit which was made freeware according to Tim Conrardy. So the choices are many, but the biggest question is which of these are worth investing time into learning and starting to organize stuff with?

Are you a good person?
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

I have complete genedit manual mr j jhilfe has shared with me to upload and share...any interest in this?
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

Yes please!
I see that the freeware Genedit uploads on Tim Conrardy website didn't include a manual, so this will be nice to have!

Are you a good person?
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

just upload here?
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

I'm not sure what the forum rules are but I think it's common to use some sort of 3rd party online file storage service.
Maybe someone else reading can help?

Are you a good person?
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

anyone here , its 59.6 Mb zipped ...lol
but I can cut into pieces for u to glue back together using dos if needed
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

I found an overview of filesharing services which may be of help. I believe many/most of them are free.

Are you a good person?
Fujiyama
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by Fujiyama »

Did you find a suitable service for uploading it?

Are you a good person?
jimmysword
Atarian
Atarian

Post by jimmysword »

The genedit documentation would be invaluable for the archives, please Charles if you have it do upload somewhere? Here would be good I think - https://docs.dev-docs.org
charles
10 GOTO 10
10 GOTO 10

Post by charles »

Ok will try to tonight....

Return to “MIDI Software and Hardware”