https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

javidoom
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Re: amstrad cpc 6128

Post by javidoom »

Hi!

It's impressive the good work on the core :)

I've tested a few games, and they work very good, keeping in mind the early stages in development the core is. Tried 1942, 1943, Alien 8, and they worked ok, can't make to work Bruce Lee... It seems I need to find a different DSK image...

And one recommendation, try INVASION OF THE ZOMBIE MONSTERS, from Relevo, right now, it has no music, but sound effects works:

You can download here: http://www.amstrad.es/juegosamstrad/dec ... nsters.php

Regards.

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Newsdee »

Compatibility seems very good, I have tried a few random games outside of the list: e.g. Abadia del Crimen, Livingstone I Presume, Last Mission, Game Over, Eliminator (man are those hard!). Some games like Billy La Banlieue or B.A.T. weren't recognized though (as in the disk shows empty); maybe they're bad dumps.

javidoom

Post by javidoom »

Newsdee wrote: Some games like Billy La Banlieue or B.A.T. weren't recognized though (as in the disk shows empty); maybe they're bad dumps.
Hi.

Yes, I've found some games too, after mounted shows an empty disk, but a few Kb available... But they work ok on the emulator.

Always reset the Mist via the first button, as mounting a DSK after some of this "blank disk games", shows too a blank disk on any new disk mounted... Button reset makes this bug to dissapear.

Regards.

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Newsdee »

Yes I noticed that. Something must go when mounting these disks and it isn't reset when loading a new one.

javidoom

Post by javidoom »

Tested a few more games :)

Working:

Fernando Martín basket
Ikari warriors
La espada sagrada
Spindizzy
Batty
Bionic comandos
Camelot warriors
Comando (scroll a bit messy)
Dandy
Dustin
Enduro racer
Flying shark
Frost byte

DrChaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by DrChaos »

I could not deeply test yesterday, so it may just be me, but I ended up in a bank screen with OSD available. The core description was not fully clear to me with respect to the roms needed - I assume they have to be in the same folder than the core file? Do I need all roms?
Unfortunately I realised that my CPC romset does not contain .dsk files, so I will have to get these - at least the ones for my favorites CPC Games - Formula one Manager, Basket Master and Cauldron...I can also rember that I liked Asphalt, even if I remember it to be very hard :) Looking forward to see these old games again.

DrChaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by DrChaos »

sorry, double post

zzd10h
Atariator
Atariator

Post by zzd10h »

Finally, by buying a new 8gb SDCard, the AMSTRAD Core works ! :D

Tested just 2 games that works

Sorcery
Gryzor (a lot of flickering)

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Mist/Mist_Sorcery.JPG
http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Mist/Mist_Gryzor.JPG

@DrChaos
at the root of my SD, I have

AMSDOS.ROM
amstrad.rbf
BASIC1-1.ROM
MAXAM.ROM
OS6128.ROM
<AMSTRAD> directory containing some .dsk files

I don't know if all these files are useful, but at least it worls.

obiwanken
Atariator
Atariator

amstrad cpc 6128

Post by obiwanken »

Nice, Im using Kingstone SD cards (4 and 8 gb), 100 % working. Also have one unbranded, this one works only with some cores.

zzd10h
Atariator
Atariator

Post by zzd10h »

Latest Amstrad core "amstrad_150318_r002.rbf" doesn't work for me.

I can issue 1 command (CAT for example) but not 2. Even "RUN" doesn't work, the Mist stalls.

Reverted to previous core, it works.

remowilliams
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by remowilliams »

Tried the core today, I had to switch to a different card to get it to work properly. My original card is a 2GB Kingston SD and just stops at a grey screen (FAT/FAT32). Copied everything over to a FAT32 formatted 2GB Kingston microSD and then the core started working properly.

zzd10h
Atariator
Atariator

Post by zzd10h »

Latest Amstrad_r003.rbf core solved my dos problem. Even Gryzor or IkariWarrior have no more flickering.
Perfect !

DrChaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by DrChaos »

I was unable to get the .03 Core running - it boots and OSD is accessible, but I get a screen with stripes. I think they were yellow green, but I am not fully sure. Am I missing something?

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by NML32 »

DrChaos wrote:I was unable to get the .03 Core running - it boots and OSD is accessible, but I get a screen with stripes. I think they were yellow green, but I am not fully sure. Am I missing something?
I had the same problem when I tried using my 8GB SD card works fine on my 2GB SD.

javidoom

Post by javidoom »

NML32 wrote:
DrChaos wrote:I was unable to get the .03 Core running - it boots and OSD is accessible, but I get a screen with stripes. I think they were yellow green, but I am not fully sure. Am I missing something?
I had the same problem when I tried using my 8GB SD card works fine on my 2GB SD.
I'm using too a 2Gb microSD card, updated the core.rbf file, and no problem at all.

DrChaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by DrChaos »

OK, I'll try another SD-Card. I was using a 32GB MicroSD...

RobertK
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by RobertK »

I had the same problem (grey screen with one card, orange screen with another). Actually you don't have to use a different SD card to solve it: simply back up all the files from your card, then format it (I used FAT32), and then copy the contents back to your freshly formatted card. I did this with my Sandisk 8 GB Ultra card, and now I can enjoy the beautiful CPC core. :-)

Although maybe a 32 GB card may be too much for the MIST board. In the Getting-started document it says "1GB recommended".

DrChaos
Atari freak
Atari freak

Post by DrChaos »

Yes, I know. However, all other cores I tried worked as far I tested them...

remowilliams
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Post by remowilliams »

RobertK wrote:Actually you don't have to use a different SD card to solve it: simply back up all the files from your card, then format it (I used FAT32), and then copy the contents back to your freshly formatted card.
I tried that and it didn't work, had to switch cards.

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Newsdee »

I have a KingsMax 16GB card which I repartitioned into 4GB to get it to work with the core.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by NML32 »

RobertK wrote:I had the same problem (grey screen with one card, orange screen with another). Actually you don't have to use a different SD card to solve it: simply back up all the files from your card, then format it (I used FAT32), and then copy the contents back to your freshly formatted card. I did this with my Sandisk 8 GB Ultra card, and now I can enjoy the beautiful CPC core. :-)

Although maybe a 32 GB card may be too much for the MIST board. In the Getting-started document it says "1GB recommended".
Thanks, I have the same card you have and your suggestion worked. I used SDFormatter v 4.0 to format my SD card.

:D

Update: Now it's just acting buggy on my 8 GB Ultra card. I can load the Amstrad core and list the dsk files but when I load them and do a Cat the disk is empty. If I format the care and copy the file over again it seems to work until I add more dsk files.
Going back to my 4 GB card.

Tempus01
Atariator
Atariator

Post by Tempus01 »

my 32GB SD card "imroCard" work fine.Latest Amstrad_r003.rbf core

Somebody has already succeeded has to play games which is on 2 diskette or more,because for me the Amstrad core restarts reboot after selection of the second diskette.

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Post by Newsdee »

It's not currently possible to play multi-disk games, the core is wired to reboot every time you load a new disk.
Probably adding that feature needs much more complex disk emulation.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by NML32 »

NML32 wrote:
RobertK wrote:I had the same problem (grey screen with one card, orange screen with another). Actually you don't have to use a different SD card to solve it: simply back up all the files from your card, then format it (I used FAT32), and then copy the contents back to your freshly formatted card. I did this with my Sandisk 8 GB Ultra card, and now I can enjoy the beautiful CPC core. :-)

Thanks, I have the same card you have and your suggestion worked. I used SDFormatter v 4.0 to format my SD card.

:D

Update: Now it's just acting buggy on my 8 GB Ultra card. I can load the Amstrad core and list the dsk files but when I load them and do a Cat the disk is empty. If I format the card and copy the file over again it seems to work until I add more dsk files.
Going back to my 4 GB card.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Post by NML32 »

Thanks to who ever is working on the MIST RomVault dats. This is making my life much easier. :)

Return to “MiST”