Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Screenshots

Postby christos » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi,
Apart from taking a picture of the monitor how can I take a screenshot of a falcon's game?
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

inconexo
Atarian
Atarian

Postby inconexo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:35 pm

Maybe the easiest way its running an emulator like anarym (ok, ok... virtual machine) under linux and take the picture from Gimp or any screen capture included in Kde or Gnome. http://xvidcap.sourceforge.net/ also provides video capture

Regards!
Atari Falcon030 14ram 80hd ide
Atari STe 4ram
Atari STe 1ram
Atari lynx
Atari 7800
Atari 2600

moondog/.tSCc.

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:06 pm

There was a quite usefull screenshot utility made by Inter around, fornicating hell, I don´t remember it´s name but should be available at any good sorted FTP server. It needs a jagpad to run (to override keyboard input). After installing it stays in memory and you can activate it by pressing the firebutton s of the Jagpad. It runs with nearly all games/demos/gem and resolutions. Unfortunately it saves the screendumps in an own format. The tool comes along with some converting tools, but those featuring mostly only strange picture formats, but with a bit knowledge you can convert them. I used that tool for many screenshots for my reviews in UCM or for adding them at stuff I once upped at Pouet.net...

Damn, does anybody remember that utilities name? (unfortunately I have no Falcon running atm).

greetings, Eric
Undercover Magascene - observing the Atari scene since 1993

sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sh3-rg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:10 pm

Maggie Team had their own RG proggy that did this but better. Don't think it was ever released though, but I'll check. Maybe in these enlightened times it should be made freely available.

kein

sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sh3-rg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:23 pm

Righty, a quick chat with MrPink reveals the things my ancient brain forgot long ago...

The 'Reservoir Ripper', internal release only (although if you used to be a 1337 trader, you probably already have it ;) and was like the Inter util only more advanced. Where' Inter's would fail due to combat code or just bad luck, ours could reinstall sneakily & take screenshots no screenshot taking software had taken before, it's all some kind of 'energy' magic.

drawbacks: think its rgb only (as were most demos back then), is very hacky, you can probably do all sorts of damage including, but not limited to, making your monitor go >pop< or even starting world war 4.

So this is a sort of official release of the 10 year old Reservoir Ripper, due to popular demand! :D

The kod is there if you fancy a tinker, if you want a .GOD conv proggy, nice MrEvil made such a thing at this really important looking super special GOD COnv page: http://godconv.atari.org/

Erm, some sort of disclaimer... if you take this util & put it somewhere else make sure all the files are there & let people know how scary it all is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Postby CiH » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:41 pm

Reservoir Ripper, hmm, the power behind most of the screengrabs in Maggie, and quite a few in Alive! as well.

I got a version which also did .tga format, along with the .god and raw data files. I also don't recall any issues with VGA, or world war 4. I've even used it with CT60, although everything tends to lock up after taking a screengrab in Magic.
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"

sh3-rg
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby sh3-rg » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:43 pm

Then I suggest you post away, Chris :D

CiH
Atari God
Atari God

Postby CiH » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:16 am

Ok, here is is. 'Ripper 2' (with added .tga support!)

Also seems to work okay with CT60-ised Falcons. It will take screengrabs from Magic desktops too, but dies straightaway after quitting ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where teh feck is teh Hash key on this Mac?!"

moondog/.tSCc.

Postby moondog/.tSCc. » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:24 pm

Hello again, the utility I used was called Xgrabber, wasn´t it? Anyway, seems to be useless now, seeing such a nice utility by ResGods released :wink:
Undercover Magascene - observing the Atari scene since 1993

DarkLord
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Screenshots

Postby DarkLord » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:57 pm

christos wrote:Hi,
Apart from taking a picture of the monitor how can I take a screenshot of a falcon's game?

ImageCopy will do that for you. :-)
Welcome To DarkForce! http://www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org 520

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:09 pm

I think imagecopy will only work with gem. And thanks for the release of the reservoir ripper. It' s being put to good use..
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”