Pumping colors on Xoro HTL 1346 Mini LCD TV via SCART

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

simonsunnyboy

Pumping colors on Xoro HTL 1346 Mini LCD TV via SCART

Postby simonsunnyboy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:01 pm

I bought a small Xoro HTL 1346 Mini LCD TV for party purposes as I saw one in action at the Xzentrix party last Saturday. Price tag was merely 90€.

Performance there with an Amstrad CPC was great so I decided to get one as well for use with my Atari ST collection.

The gadget arrived today and I tested it. Over SCART I get a pumping picture on large white colored spaces or anything not black, e.q. blue background. This is pretty distracting but I assume it is not the TV's fault but the slightly off-spec RGB signal from the STE. .q. the blue background of the HxC file selector is pumping around, the pictur is otherwise centered and not rolling, e.q. sync seems ok.

The TV works okayish via RF so good enough for party gaming.

Any ideas what to do to make the otherwise great SCART RGB picture better usable? I already used a newer cable that is supposed to have additions for a more stable 12V sync.

I also ordered a Composite video adapter and will check if that makes any difference with the ST.
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

simonsunnyboy

Re: Pumping colors on Xoro HTL 1346 Mini LCD TV via SCART

Postby simonsunnyboy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:13 pm

I got the official AV adapter by now. Th STE is fine over composite video with this one, no pumping colors, just a bit more fuzzy picture.
Okay for gaming and watching demos but I would love to have proper RGB SCART.

Any ideas?
Simon Sunnyboy/Paradize - http://paradize.atari.org/

Stay cool, stay Atari!

1x2600jr, 1x1040STFm, 1x1040STE 4MB+TOS2.06+SatanDisk, 1xF030 14MB+FPU+NetUS-Bee

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”