Postby ovalfastlx » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:18 pm

How to we activate this feature?

Thanks

spark2k06
Atariator
Atariator

Re: Bootcore feature

Postby spark2k06 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:06 am

ovalfastlx wrote:How to we activate this feature?

Thanks

Add these lines in MiSTer.ini and uncomment bootcore field:

Code: Select all

; lastcore - Autoboot the last loaded core (corename autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; lastexactcore - Autoboot the last loaded exact core (corename_yyyymmdd.rbf autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; corename - Autoboot first corename_*.rbf found on the SD/USB
; corename_yyyymmdd.rbf - Autoboot first corename_yyyymmdd.rbf found on the SD/USB
;bootcore=lastcore    ; uncomment to autoboot a core, as the last loaded core.
bootcore_timeout=10  ; 10-30 timeout before autoboot, comment for autoboot without timeout.

ovalfastlx
Atariator
Atariator

Postby ovalfastlx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 pm

spark2k06 wrote:
ovalfastlx wrote:How to we activate this feature?

Thanks

Add these lines in MiSTer.ini and uncomment bootcore field:

Code: Select all

; lastcore - Autoboot the last loaded core (corename autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; lastexactcore - Autoboot the last loaded exact core (corename_yyyymmdd.rbf autosaved in CONFIG/lastcore.dat) first found on the SD/USB
; corename - Autoboot first corename_*.rbf found on the SD/USB
; corename_yyyymmdd.rbf - Autoboot first corename_yyyymmdd.rbf found on the SD/USB
;bootcore=lastcore    ; uncomment to autoboot a core, as the last loaded core.
bootcore_timeout=10  ; 10-30 timeout before autoboot, comment for autoboot without timeout.

Thank you

Lynkk
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Lynkk » Sat May 25, 2019 9:45 am

Thank you for this feature. It works well directly from the SD Card.

However, I copied the content of my SD card to a USB Storage. Then I switched the system to boot from the USB.
The Mister does boot from USB but the bootcode feature is not working in that case.

Also If I switch back from USB Storage to SD Storage, the care written in "lastcore.dat" is "menu" (which makes sense).

Anyway it's not working from a USB storage, or perhaps I'm not supposed to copy the content from the SD to a USB unit...? Is there a different way? Or must I use a SD Card ?

spark2k06
Atariator
Atariator

Postby spark2k06 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 am

This feature for USB I did not get to fully test it, when I have a little time I check it and see if we can implement it so that it works just as well as from the SD.

Any news about this topic will be announced in this thread.

Lynkk wrote:Thank you for this feature. It works well directly from the SD Card.

However, I copied the content of my SD card to a USB Storage. Then I switched the system to boot from the USB.
The Mister does boot from USB but the bootcode feature is not working in that case.

Also If I switch back from USB Storage to SD Storage, the care written in "lastcore.dat" is "menu" (which makes sense).

Anyway it's not working from a USB storage, or perhaps I'm not supposed to copy the content from the SD to a USB unit...? Is there a different way? Or must I use a SD Card ?

Return to “MiSTer”