Discord Chat?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Alynna
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Discord Chat?

Postby Alynna » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:41 pm

By this I mean would anyone mind if I set up a Discord chat for MiSTer related stuff? User and developer friendly? And provide an invite link here?

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Discord Chat?

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:57 pm

As far as i know, some discord chats about MiSTer are already exist (but i never been there). It's up to the users how and where to chat. But if you want to know my opinion, then i don't want to participate there as i absolutely have no time to sit in chats.
So i prefer forum where i can go when i have time.

Practice also shows that chats will go by circles on the same topics. So it's better to have forum discussion where corresponding topic can be read later by those who really want to find the answer than be a robot to answer the same questions.

kitrinx
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby kitrinx » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Classic Gaming Discord and Smokemonster's Patreon Discord are active MiSTer discords. I don't think we need more fragmentation than that, honestly.

Alynna
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Alynna » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:38 pm

kitrinx wrote:Classic Gaming Discord and Smokemonster's Patreon Discord are active MiSTer discords. I don't think we need more fragmentation than that, honestly.

Can I get an invite, I actually want to go someplace to chat about MiSTer where my every thought about direction of the project doesn't become posts that spam the board. Whichever of the above is more active :)

Alynna
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Alynna » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Ok the forum itself was nice enough to point me at the Mister dev discord once I posted about making one, lol. Thanks for the invites folks.

Return to “MiSTer”