TT and Ultrasatan

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

boarder01
Atarian
Atarian

TT and Ultrasatan

Postby boarder01 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello, I search but I don’t find an answer. It is possible to use Ultrasatan to replace the scsi HD? My HD is broken so I want to boot on the Ultrasatan.

What sort of cable I need to connect it to the TT (inside the TT)?
Thank you

dhedberg
Atari God
Atari God

Re: TT and Ultrasatan

Postby dhedberg » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:25 pm

boarder01 wrote:Hello, I search but I don’t find an answer. It is possible to use Ultrasatan to replace the scsi HD? My HD is broken so I want to boot on the Ultrasatan. What sort of cable I need to connect it to the TT (inside the TT)?

UltraSatan is an ACSI device. You can connect it to the external ACSI port of the TT. That's what I've done. Works well! Booting from it is no problem. Have a look at the CosmosEx if you want to have an internal SCSI device.
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo and feel the JOY.

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:29 pm

Other options for internal SCSI devices are the SCSI2SD and the Gigafile (with the appropriate adapter).

Moulinaie
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Moulinaie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi,

Another option I have, the AztechMonster. A SCSI to Compact Flash adapter, works well on my TT.

ttmus_aztec2.jpg

Have a look at my page:

http://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/myaestt_e.htm

Guillaume.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stormy
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby stormy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 pm

boarder01 wrote:Hello, I search but I don’t find an answer. It is possible to use Ultrasatan to replace the scsi HD? My HD is broken so I want to boot on the Ultrasatan.

What sort of cable I need to connect it to the TT (inside the TT)?
Thank you

You ask for scsi so you're getting a lot of scsi solutions, but you might not be aware you can buy a Thunder IDE and Storm RAM interface from Tuxie which FAR outperforms the SCSI and is also much easier to setup and configure. It also comes with a TOS upgrade with many added features.

Link:
viewtopic.php?t=31764
Falcon ct60e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb // Atari STM 4160 - 4MB ram - 16Mhz exxos 1.5 booster - Ultrasatan

Social Media

Return to “Professionals”