Another CT60e not measuring up

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

jvaltane
Atariator
Atariator

Another CT60e not measuring up

Postby jvaltane » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 am

I have trouble to get CT60e run in 060-mode. I'm able to boot 030-mode, but in 060-mode I got just black screen. It is kind of trying to do something: My multisync monitor makes noise when changing resolution and when booting in 060-mode Falcon changes resolution, but screen remains black.

Previously I was able to get it up and running lifting it up little bit and then putting it back in 'right' 'angle'. It has been like this since I got it, but situation went worse when time passed.

Just in case I have tested all easy ones: different power, cpu and memory. So looks like problem might be in CT60e itself or machine. I'm wondering if I have done something bad, like bend CT60e too much while removing it.

Machine does not have timing fix or bus acceleration.

Any suggestions what I should test next? Check/resolder connectors between Falcon and CT60e?
- jvaltane

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Another CT60e not measuring up

Postby joska » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:41 am

Test the CT in another Falcon if possible. If you don't have access to another Falcon I suggest to get in touch with Willy, he should be able to test and if necessary fix your CT.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

sety
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby sety » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

I hope you're wearing your dog strap every time you play with that card. It's full of FPGAs and the FP part is a concern. :)
ATARI FALCON/CT60 @99/25Mhz 512MB - 520STF 1MB & Internal IDE - 520ST unmodified (my very first computer) - A couple of useless XE's - and a really cool Atari desktop calculator :)

mpattonm
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mpattonm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Flexing 6 layer PCB with large BGA/QFP chips on is generaly not a good idea. So if its not sitting perfectly flat, it can already be damaged. Also frequent un-plugging such a board on a long pinheaders Falcon has as CPU expansion port, introduces a lot of mechanical stress to the PCB as well.
Last edited by mpattonm on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jvaltane
Atariator
Atariator

Postby jvaltane » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:42 pm

I might have possible to test CT with another machine. I'll try to do that before sending card to Willy.

I have to admit that I might have forgot to wear wrist strap some times. I have tried to avoid touch anything else than green part of the pcb with strap or not.

Flexing is what I'm most afraid of.
- jvaltane

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”