I just bought a TT030!

Latest news in the Atari world

Moderators: Mug UK, Silver Surfer, Moderator Team

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: I just bought a TT030!

Postby frank.lukas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:32 pm

I have Nova Adapter (new one with the Lightning Nova GAL and Hardware Mod) to sell.

Idek 2MB ATI option Ramcard /PN 109-26400-10
Frank 2MB ATI Option Ramcard / I must look at it
Ip 2MB ATI option Ramcard /PN 109-26400-10

I have also a MATRIX TC1208E Graphiccard and the Nova MACH64 is faster. With GEMBENCH 4.03 over 600% of the TT_MID speed ...
Last edited by frank.lukas on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:40 pm

frank.lukas wrote:I have Nova Adapter (new one with the Lightning Nova GAL and Hardware Mod) to sell.

Idek 2MB ATI option Ramcard /PN 109-26400-10
Frank 2MB ATI Option Ramcard / I must look at it

@ip ... can you look for the item number of your 2MB option card ?

I have also a MATRIX TC1208E Graphiccard and the Nova MACH64 is faster. With GEMBENCH 4.03 over 600% of the TT_MID speed ...

Snapshot I just took: (not for sale) ;)
Mach64-ISA-card.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rustynutt
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Rustynutt » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I just sold a very nice TT to a local user near me. Not sure if they are on the forum, this would be a great thread to follow as I'm sure they will be looking to do the same.

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:43 pm

The Ramboard from Ip is also a 109-26400-10

lp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:49 pm

frank.lukas wrote:I have Nova Adapter (new one with the Lightning Nova GAL and Hardware Mod) to sell.

Ouch, are you saying that I can't use the Lightning card with my setup? Can I patch my Nova adapter somehow to make it compatible with the Lightning card? Otherwise I'd most likely be interested in buying yours.
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo MORE.

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:51 pm

tenox wrote:SCSI2SD works really well with TT along with HXC floppy emulator. I placed mine both in the HDD bay.

Where can I buy a SCSI2SD adapter that is known to work with the TT? Just anyone on e-bay or is there a more reliable source for them?
Daniel, New Beat - http://newbeat.atari.org. Like demos? Have a look at our new Falcon030 demo MORE.

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:55 pm

DoG wrote:Aah. So it was you how outbid me. haha. Seems to be a great TT though.

Ops, sorry. Were you the bidder with the next highest bid? I put in a bid at about 6200 SEK with 10 seconds left and I was 100% sure I'd get it, but was shown a screen saying I wasn't the highest bidder and I panicked. Managed to get another bid in there with 2 seconds to go. Haha! You'll find yours eventually, and then you don't have to worry about me. One is enough! :-D
DoG wrote:I bought a battery from Conrad. Either buy a new holder or try to open the old one.

Cool. Will be one of the first things I replace.
DoG wrote:New fan for the PSU is surely needed, if that haven't been replaced yet.

Great! Thanks for that. Is it known to fit and does it provide about the same airflow?

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:58 pm

dhedberg wrote:

Ouch, are you saying that I can't use the Lightning card with my setup? Can I patch my Nova adapter somehow to make it compatible with the Lightning card? Otherwise I'd most likely be interested in buying yours.

Use the Google Translator -> http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... afikkarten

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:09 pm

frank.lukas wrote:
dhedberg wrote:

Use the Google Translator -> http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... afikkarten

Thanks! So, one question remains. Where can I buy the new Nova GAL (if anywhere)?
As it improves the timing for the MACH card regardless if a Lightning card is fitted or not I'd definitely be interested in one!

frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby frank.lukas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 pm

The seller from the Lightning USB VME Card can send you a Nova GAL too ...

derkom
Atari User
Atari User

Postby derkom » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:21 pm

dhedberg wrote:Great! Thanks for that. Is it known to fit and does it provide about the same airflow?

It fits. I had to install it with only three screws instead of four to get the top case to go on properly, but that may just be a quirk of my TT. In any case, three screws are enough. :)

I don't know what the relative airflows are, but the Noctua is certainly enough, especially if you switch from a spinny HDD to the SCSI2SD. And the volume level difference is great. I'm very glad with the swap.

DoG
Atari User
Atari User

Postby DoG » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 pm

dhedberg wrote:Ops, sorry. Were you the bidder with the next highest bid? I put in a bid at about 6200 SEK with 10 seconds left and I was 100% sure I'd get it, but was shown a screen saying I wasn't the highest bidder and I panicked. Managed to get another bid in there with 2 seconds to go. Haha! You'll find yours eventually, and then you don't have to worry about me. One is enough! :-D

No worries, I already got a TT. Sorry to drive the price up. :wink:

dhedberg wrote:Great! Thanks for that. Is it known to fit and does it provide about the same airflow?

It's the exact same size. Check here. Same as for a MegSTe

dhedberg wrote:Where can I buy a SCSI2SD adapter that is known to work with the TT? Just anyone on e-bay or is there a more reliable source for them?

AmigaKIT got them in stock. v6 doesn't seem to work apparently on Atari so I didn't dare to try that. v5.1 is a safe bet.

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:08 pm

DoG wrote:
dhedberg wrote:Ops, sorry. Were you the bidder with the next highest bid? I put in a bid at about 6200 SEK with 10 seconds left and I was 100% sure I'd get it, but was shown a screen saying I wasn't the highest bidder and I panicked. Managed to get another bid in there with 2 seconds to go. Haha! You'll find yours eventually, and then you don't have to worry about me. One is enough! :-D

No worries, I already got a TT. Sorry to drive the price up. :wink:

No worries! Worth every penny! :-)

DoG wrote:

It's the exact same size. Check here. Same as for a MegSTe

Ordered! Thank you!

DoG wrote:
dhedberg wrote:Where can I buy a SCSI2SD adapter that is known to work with the TT? Just anyone on e-bay or is there a more reliable source for them?

AmigaKIT got them in stock. v6 doesn't seem to work apparently on Atari so I didn't dare to try that. v5.1 is a safe bet.

OK. Will have to think about it. Not decided yet whether I'll go with Storm+Thunder or if I'll stick with the original 16MB TT-RAM and go with an internal SCSI2SD adapter. I've ordered a CosmosEx for the TT, but have not yet received any confirmation. Without a CosmosEx I would most likely go with a complete Storm+Thunder+Lightning setup.

derkom
Atari User
Atari User

Postby derkom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:25 am

DoG wrote:v6 doesn't seem to work apparently on Atari so I didn't dare to try that. v5.1 is a safe bet.

I am using a SCSI2SD V6 in my TT for about a month now with zero problems, with newest HDDRIVER.

I've even taken advantage of its USB Mass Storage feature to run a USB cable out the back of the TT and over to my Mac, where I mount a little 200 MB FAT partition which is mounted read-only on the TT. Works great for file transfer into the TT. I had to set things up in the SCSI2SD so that that partition is a secondary SCSI ID, tag it as removeable in HDDRIVER config, and use HDDRIVER to fake an "eject" when I want the TT to reload the directory (in MiNT, probably unnecessary in TOS), and it just works.

DoG
Atari User
Atari User

Postby DoG » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 am

derkom wrote:
DoG wrote:v6 doesn't seem to work apparently on Atari so I didn't dare to try that. v5.1 is a safe bet.

I am using a SCSI2SD V6 in my TT for about a month now with zero problems, with newest HDDRIVER.

I've even taken advantage of its USB Mass Storage feature to run a USB cable out the back of the TT and over to my Mac, where I mount a little 200 MB FAT partition which is mounted read-only on the TT. Works great for file transfer into the TT. I had to set things up in the SCSI2SD so that that partition is a secondary SCSI ID, tag it as removeable in HDDRIVER config, and use HDDRIVER to fake an "eject" when I want the TT to reload the directory (in MiNT, probably unnecessary in TOS), and it just works.

Good to know. I couldn't find any info on compability for v6 on Atari. Shared drives is a really nice feature.

mzry
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby mzry » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:33 am

dhedberg wrote:
tenox wrote:SCSI2SD works really well with TT along with HXC floppy emulator. I placed mine both in the HDD bay.

Where can I buy a SCSI2SD adapter that is known to work with the TT? Just anyone on e-bay or is there a more reliable source for them?

I would recommend storm thunder and lightning. I have just sold my scsi2sd as I don't need it anymore.
Falcon ct63e 060 - 256mb ram - phantom bus and dsp accel // Atari TT - Thunder and Storm IDE 64mb ram - Lightning VME - USB LAN - Ati Mach64 2mb

derkom
Atari User
Atari User

Postby derkom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:48 pm

DoG wrote:Shared drives is a really nice feature.

This isn't really the way it's intended to be used, which is why I used a small extra partition for it, and mounted it read-only on the TT. No problems so far, but I figure the worst case scenario is I just have to wipe and recreate the one "disposable" partition.

The only way I was able to get MiNT to see directory changes was to set the SCSI ID associated with the extra partition as "removable" in HDDRIVER's config, and then use the eject function in the HDDRIVER config utility when I needed to simulate a medium change on the TT end. I'm sure there's a handier way to simulate the eject, with something more lightweight than the HDDRIVER utility, but so far this approach is working just fine, and makes transferring data into the TT much easier than before.

Note that the USB Mass Storage feature is available only on the V6 board.

dhedberg
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby dhedberg » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Received the TT and it's in absolute mint condition. I'm shocked over how clean it is and how it's not yellowed at all. It's like a dream come true!
Will post pictures later if anyone would be interested, but will probably take a few days. Haven't looked inside of it yet, but will open it up during the weekend.
Last edited by dhedberg on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

susher
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby susher » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 pm

:thumbs:

viking272
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby viking272 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:36 pm

So jealous - well done in a fine purchase!

Bama
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Bama » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 am

Hooray !!

Yes, pics please.
:-)
BAMA

Social Media

Return to “News & Announcements”