Maxymizer and SPDIF on 030

All about chiptunes

Moderators: Mug UK, lotek_style, Moderator Team

Skuggemannen
Atarian
Atarian

Maxymizer and SPDIF on 030

Postby Skuggemannen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I recently started learing Maxymizer, and I'm trying to export my songs over to my main DAW via SPDIF. This Works well but the Digidrums will not be audible over SPDIF apparently. Anyone have some input or suggestions? Would be a shame to og back to the mini jack.

Im using an Atari Falcon 030 With SoundPool SPDIF.

Cyprian
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Maxymizer and SPDIF on 030

Postby Cyprian » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Maybe I'm wrong but it could be something wrong with Matrix chip settings.
That chip has some inputs (YM, ADC, SDMA, DSP) and outputs (DAC, SDMA, DSP) and you can reroute needed input signals to needed output
There were an application where you could define that Matrix routing.

---EDIT---
http://www.umich.edu/~archive//atari/Falcon/0index
"matrix.zip 12 GEM utility to view & edit status of Sound system matrix"

http://www.umich.edu/~archive//atari/Fa ... matrix.zip
Jaugar / TT030 / Mega STe / 800 XL / 1040 STe / Falcon030 / 65 XE / 520 STm / SM124 / SC1435
SDrive / PAK68/3 / CosmosEx / SatanDisk / UltraSatan / USB Floppy Drive Emulator / Eiffel / SIO2PC / Crazy Dots / PAM Net
Hatari / Steem SSE / Aranym / Saint
http://260ste.appspot.com/

Skuggemannen
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Skuggemannen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks Cyprian. I downloaded Matrix and checked it. I'm not quite sure what to make of this, but the routing doesn't look quite right.

The SPDIF is Connected to the DSP Connector.
DMA play is routed to Ext output (mini jack I Guess) and DAC. I would think it should be routed to DSP output
In Maxymizer the Sample channels not heard via SPDIF would be STe DMA, so it makes sense that they are silent.

Pictures of my setup in Matrix

Unfortunately in the Matrix prg, nothing can really be edited unless I'm missing something abvious..I started gentle but ended up pushing anything I can see in there without being able to move the routing. Are you sure this prg can actually edit the Routing?[url][/url]

Skuggemannen
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Skuggemannen » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:42 pm

After horsing around a bit more, I discovered the purpose of the DSP clock setting in Maxymizer in the [Config] menu.The Maxymiser manual mentions the option to toggle between YM or DMA DSP clock. Testing this I get DMA samples over SPDIF or YM, but not both at the same time.

This at least confirms everything works isolated. I Wonder now if this is a limitation in Maxymizer or if routing somehow should make a difference..

Social Media

Return to “Ym rockin'”