First post here. I have been lurking for a while, because I am interested in the MiSTer. I have been using several FPGA solutions over the years, mostly meant for the Amiga.
Before we start, thanks to Sorgelig for creating the MiSTer and porting so many cores, all the other cores' developers and finally to the hardware vendors for keeping our passion alive.
Okay, let's get it started. I have been troubleshooting the MiSTer for a couple of days, so I decided to ask help if someone could have some idea how to make it work (and also to exlude I am simply doing something silly).
- SDRAM vertical
- USB hub
- the reformatted 8 gigs micro-sd card that comes with the DE10-nano
I can get the menu and select the relevant core, however after this step there is no video output neither from the HDMI nor from the VGA.
- BIG MISTAKE from my side. When first plugging the SDRAM in, I put it in the wrong GPIO and powered the board on. Maybe this has fried the SDRAM.
- The menu is visible in both HDMI and VGA.
- the green leds next to the Ethernet port are green and static. The single led green close to the I/O GPIO blinks randomly.
- No changes have been done to swiches
- I enclose the SD card image.
Tests that has been performed so far:
- remove all unecessary cards and leave only the board plus the SDRAM to perform the tests
- tried two different SDRAM (I bought two, because I plan byuing another DE10-nano)
- played with the MiSTer.ini by changing the settings of dvi_mode to 0, 1 , 6, 8
- Test the output on two different HDMI screens
- Removed only essential files on the SD card. Mostly I tried the memory test, however I also tried the minimig, C64, vectrex cores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.