CT60e is coming :)

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

epoch32
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 am

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby epoch32 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 pm

There was an announcement last year about a free shareware license for the 68080 cpu. Albeit running at 060 speeds. So we have that covered.

User avatar
leech
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1176
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby leech » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:13 am

alexh wrote:
epoch32 wrote:Is it possible to create a version wherein the 060 is replaced with an FPGA running the apollo cpu core?

No.

But there is a chance the Vampire V4 can be made to fit a Falcon 030 CPU slot with a passive adaptor board. You'd need a specialised version of the Apollo Core to put in there to make it work. You won't be able to use the Amiga one "as is".


What I'd think would be nicer is the idea of the stand alone Vampire, but as a Falcon. Or even better, one that is Amiga/Falcon switchable...

But I know most FPGAs aren't quite powerful enough (unless they're really expensive).
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

epoch32
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:43 am

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby epoch32 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am

leech wrote:
alexh wrote:
epoch32 wrote:Is it possible to create a version wherein the 060 is replaced with an FPGA running the apollo cpu core?

No.

But there is a chance the Vampire V4 can be made to fit a Falcon 030 CPU slot with a passive adaptor board. You'd need a specialised version of the Apollo Core to put in there to make it work. You won't be able to use the Amiga one "as is".


What I'd think would be nicer is the idea of the stand alone Vampire, but as a Falcon. Or even better, one that is Amiga/Falcon switchable...

But I know most FPGAs aren't quite powerful enough (unless they're really expensive).


I agree. I wish that the upcoming v4 can have vhdl devs from atari community to reimplement the falcon in vhdl. And eventually allow us to switch from a a1200 to a falcon with a core flash. The altera v that's being used in the v4 costs around $1000+ for the dev kit. Yikes! Although this would make for a more modern and compatible atari clone than even a milan or firebee can dream of...

User avatar
ChainQ
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:35 am
Location: 1 AU, EU, DE/HU
Contact:

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby ChainQ » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Is the CT60e card still available to buy? The webshop link posted in one of the earlier posts shows it out of stock, sadly. I'm interested in one, if there will be a next run or still there's a few available.
Free Pascal Compiler for m68k - an Amiga fan outside his comfort zone

User avatar
willy
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby willy » Wed May 09, 2018 5:45 pm

ChainQ wrote:Is the CT60e card still available to buy? The webshop link posted in one of the earlier posts shows it out of stock, sadly. I'm interested in one, if there will be a next run or still there's a few available.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockout

lucaseverini
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:43 am

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby lucaseverini » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 am

Hello,
I’d like to buy one when it will be back in stock.
Thank you!

Luca

k0x
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby k0x » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:10 pm

New batch planed?

I would like to buy one.

Br

Skynet
Atarian
Atarian
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby Skynet » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello. I want to buy a CT60e when it will be available.

Thanks.

DoG
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:02 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby DoG » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 am

Yup, I'll need one too.

User avatar
bladeomega
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Re: CT60e is coming :)

Postby bladeomega » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:57 pm

willy wrote:
ChainQ wrote:Is the CT60e card still available to buy? The webshop link posted in one of the earlier posts shows it out of stock, sadly. I'm interested in one, if there will be a next run or still there's a few available.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockout



The question is if you make a new batch in the next time?


Social Media

     

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests