Eprom Madness or Not?
After Looking at How people have Put various Tos Versions In 2 * 1 MB Eproms from other threads on this forum:
Here:http://www.future-technologies.co.uk/IM ... /last/tos/
Thinking there Must be a better way to do this. I came up with this way.
No Bending or cutting of Eprom's Pins is required and only need to solder two wires to Eprom's.
First Burn the Eprom's with the required Tos Version ( 1.00,1.02 or 1.04)
Having already been split into 2 seperate bin files.
(1) Solder a wire from Pin 1 of each Eprom to Pins 30,31 and 32 of the same eprom.
(2) Solder a short Piece of wire to Pin 2 of the L0-Eprom then to Pin 2 of the H0 Eprom, connecting
them together and leaving a short piece of wire hanging off of the H0 Eprom
(3) Plug the eprom's into sockets H-0 and L0-0 on the atari making sure the over hanging pins do
not short out on the motherboard.
(4) Set the solder Jumpers for CE and A16 to the 1Meg position and A17 to the 256K position.
(5) Now solder the remaining wire from pin 2 of the H0 Eprom to the 1 Meg position at A17.
All done .
Tested with Tos 1.00 and Tos 1.04 Both working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.