Anyone have QUARTET menu 28?

You can discus menu disks by all those classic ST hack & pack teams. If you have questions, requests or remarks about hackers, packers, screens or just menu disks in general, this is the place to be!

Moderators: bodkinz, Mug UK, Moderator Team

Iceman2
Atarian
Atarian

Anyone have QUARTET menu 28?

Postby Iceman2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Hey... I was a member of a tiny(3 member) Icelandic atari crew called "Animi Dux" almost 20 years ago...
I was the musician in the group, and we made music discs with my(rather primitive) music.
I was about 13-14 years old back then, I am 33 today...

There was a menu/combilation disk released by a group called Quartet, where they included one of our intros. I don´t know if there was any music with it...
But it was "Quartet 28" as seen here:
http://pacigame.atarizone.com/quartet/index3.html

I would really love to get hold of that disk, it would be really fun to see anything that was released by my group. I really enjoyed the Atari ST period of my life... :D

Of course if anyone has got any of our music disks, I would be thrilled to get a hold of that.(But I seriously doubt that any of those disks are in existence today)

Thanks
Iceman(my original Animi Dux nick)

PaulB
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby PaulB » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Iceman2. I think Marcer may be the one to ask for this. Hopefully he'll see this thread.

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Postby Marcer » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:48 pm

here is the menu disk :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby bullis1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Does anyone know if Iceman's tunes are in the SNDH archive? They should be added if they aren't.

edit: That is, if they can be found/recovered.

Iceman2
Atarian
Atarian

Fantastic!

Postby Iceman2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:05 pm

Thank you soooo much, Marcer...
This was really fun to see... I had even forgot that I changed my nick from Iceman to Glazier early on in the process... (Iceman kinda sucks..hehe)
It´s me who is writing the scroll-text on that intro! hahaha
No music there unfortunately... but anyhow this was fun to get hold of.

Thank you thank you thank you.
Iceman/Glazier

Iceman2
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Iceman2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:24 pm

Bullis1... I made hundreds of tracker-songs, and a few songs with chip-sound as well...
Animi Dux released several Music discs, just full of my music...
I don´t remember how many discs we released, but there was quite a few.
I believe I used the name Glazier on most of the music... Iceman I used maybe on the first disc...

That chip-sound song on the intro, was not mine... as far as I can recall...

If anyone has got any of the full music discs, please let me know...
But really I don´t think they exist anymore.

Iceman2
Atarian
Atarian

Re: Anyone have QUARTET menu 28?

Postby Iceman2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 pm

So... 11 years after I wrote the posts above, some of the Animi Dux music disks have been converted and uploaded to Demozoo... about time... hahaha
https://demozoo.org/groups/53857/

Just want to say big thanks to Dire, who made sure to keep those floppies for the ca 25 years after we originally made this stuff... and a big thanks to the guys who converted the floppies and uploaded the disks to demozoo...
The music varies in quality(ranges from bad to terrible), but it was really fun to get hold of this finally. I did make a carrier as a music producer and composer, in spite of these humble beginnings... (www.ceonmusic.com)
These disks have only a tiny fraction of the music I did at the time, and mostly my earliest stuff... some trackers mods, some Quartet songs and even some soundchip tracks I did... the disks are really not user friendly, to listen to the music you need to load it up in the mod player, in Quartet or in the chipsound program I used...
I said in the first post here(written 11 years ago), that we had been a 3 member crew, and I feel I should clarify that we *started out* as a 3 member group, myself(Glazier), Snowman and Dire. Later there were many more members, including our coders Aqualung and Demens(who were both Amiga coders that we managed to lure over to the dark side for a few days now and then), and Hades who was a swapper and very involved in Animi Dux, as well as several other guys, all listed on the demozoo page... I didn't know all of those personally myself.
Anyhow... Since some of the Animi Dux music disks finally found their way to the net, I just felt I had to follow this thread up... ;-)

spiny
Disk Imager Supreme
Disk Imager Supreme

Postby spiny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

nice one :)

lotek_style
Mod(ul)erator
Mod(ul)erator

Postby lotek_style » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Iceman... I am still at it... there are still a few disks to come for demozoo... sometimes its not easy to sort out stuff.
lotek style / the sirius cybernetics corporation
- musician - ascii-artist - swapper - archivist -

.tSCc. - low-tech atari cyberpunks since 1990
http://www.tscc.de/ | http://demozoo.org/ | http://www.lotekstyle.de/ | http://ymrockerz.atari.org/

LaceySnr
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby LaceySnr » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 am

This is the best kind of thread resurrection!

Social Media

Return to “Menu Disks”