Game requests go here.

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, ICS, Doctor Bob Gordon, Moderator Team

WHERE TO DOWNLOAD ST/FALCON GAMES

Postby RetroGamerUK » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:29 pm

FOR ST GAME OR GAME MENU DISK IMAGE DOWNLOADS:

Try this great site:
>>>PLANET EMULATION<<<
The above link will take you to the Atari ST section of Planetemu.net
It is a great free download site, probably the largest online archive of ST disk images, there is no need to register.

If you don't know how to use Planetemu then don't panic Yellow_Colorz_PDT_38 as further down this post there is a nice, easy to follow walkthrough to using the great resource for all the non-French and/or motivationally challenged users Yellow_Colorz_PDT_11.

And if there is a problem with Planetemu, or you just feel a bit frisky then by all means try the other great sites linked below, and there is also a guide to finding the menu disks you need further down this topic in case that like me, you want to play the game again from that same old D-Bug menu that you played it from back then ;-)

More great ST game / game menu download sites, including a few Falcon sites:
The Atari ST/TT/Falcon Archive - Bandit's new site, under construction, he needs help!.
Atari Legend - Great site, many games here and a large database.
Atari ST Compil' - Français site with a large selection of games.
Atari ST Games - Small Français site with some popular games.
Atari Zone - Interesting Français / English site containing purely Français games! OFFLINE
Atariforce - English and Français site with some games & menus inc. Atariforce disks, + falcon games.
Atarimania - Atari ST/TT/Falcon games database, many PASTI dumps of titles available.
DopeROMs - Many ST games here, over 6000 disk images!
EMPIRE - Maartau's Empire site!, back at last!! (soon that is). OFFLINE
Emuparadise - Plenty of ST games here many on compilations, much faffing around to get the files though.
Klaz' Hideaway - The home of the Klapauzius label, some unique disks in here!
Le Coin info de tof - Neat Français and sort of English site with ST and falcon games.
Mr. Nours - Great Français site with many games.
Nitroroms - Plenty of games, straightforward download.
Omikronman - A web server with Falcon games (in progress :) ).
PaCigame area - Plenty of Compilations to be downloaded from here. OFFLINE
The Automation Compact Disk Catalog - Automation menus linked from the Berlin site.
The Fuzion Shrine - Site dedicated to the Fuzion menus, includes a handy menu search facility.
The Games Archives - Over 30,000 ST files here! Games and Demos!
The House of Games - A small number of ST games can be found here.
The L.G.D. - Another great site, large games database, menu download links to Rapidshare.
The Official Automation & Dbug site - Home of the D-Bug menus.
The Official Medway Boys site - A good place to get individual Medway Boys menus.
Links last checked and updated on the 27th of July 2014.

How to identify which menu disk(s) the game is on:
There are many, many menus out there with 1000s of games on them, use this guide to find the right ones...
Perform a search of the Wiki, enter the name of the game you are looking for and the wiki will list any menus that the game may be found on....
Check the topics within the Menu disks forum as there are listings for many menus within there.
Or check out Bruno's list - you can download it at the bottom of this page, login first ;-) ,it has quite a large range of menus covered, the webpage is attached in HTML format thanks to the man himself for providing me with it!

Any of these should help you identify the menu disk(s) you are looking for, but be warned, there are some cracks of games on menus that don't work properly, if in doubt, check the forums :!:

Planetemu walkthrough:
Although certain elements of the site are in English it can get a bit confusing if you are not blessed with at least an average I.Q. like mine, anyway, here is the step-by-step guide to Planetemu.
Please note that there are anti-leeching/hammering routines used within Planetemu so it is of little use if you seek to download all available ST disk images, but if you are after the odd game then it is just the job :wink:

(1). Having clicked the Planetemu link above, you are magicked away to the main Atari ST downloads page of this great site, scroll down the page until you reach the ROMs section, here you will find folders of ST disk images categorized in English.
For games click on the "Atari ST - Games - [ST]".
For game menus such as Automation, D-Bug etc click on the "Atari ST - Compilations - Games".
And so on and so forth.....
Generally, clicking on a certain category will lead you to files of that nature.
So when you click whatever category of disk image you seek you will be taken to the next page, for this example I clicked
"Atari ST - Games - [ST]".

(2). On the Atari ST - Games - [ST] page:
Near the top of the page you will see, in Red the 0-9 and A through to Z, click the First letter of the Title of the Game you seek (usually ignoring "The" in the game title), if the game title begins with a number, click 0 - 9.
So lets pretend that I am looking for Xenon II, ok so I would click on X as Xenon begins with X.

(3). You are taken to the folder of games that begin with X, scrolling down I find several versions of the game, I click on the first one - for no reason.

(4). The final page, most of it is in French, click the "Telecharger" button near the lower middle of the page and after a short delay the file begins to download! :)

(5). If you find the above steps too difficult then all is not lost, you see there is a highly secret and elusive Planetemu CHEAT MODE 8O 8O 8O
To activate the cheat mode, stand on one foot, close one eye, stick out your tongue....
Then click the "RECHERCHE" button on the top bar of the Planetemu main page :P
Clicking the button opens the RECHERCHE popup window, simply enter the name of the game you are looking for in the box and click the "Valider" button and you will gets hits for the game on all platforms it is on within Planetemu :D
Having clicked the game / platform you want, basically follow step 4 and you're done :wink:

Still struggling?
If you try all these sites and still can't find the game or game menu you are looking for, or all of the sites I have linked here are not forthcoming with downloads OR the game/menu disk you are trying doesn't work correctly then either be patient for the sites to come back online or perform a search of this forum for the game in question as there most likely will already be a topic that shines some light on your problem.
If this fails then as a last resort you could start a new request topic in the
Games - requests forum, or the Menu disks forum.
Please don't reply to this topic with your requests!! [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_19.gif]
If you are lost and frightened by all this then PM me your address and I will gladly pop around and walk you through it all holding your hand :wink:

FTP Sites, Torrents, other P2P links, News Groups etc:
For mass downloading of ST disk images you could try to find one of the few FTP sites out there, I am not going to link any here as they usually have very short life spans and I would be forever changing the links, plus there are always problems connecting to these sites.
I am far too motivationally challenged to be bothered with such things.
As for anyone with Torrents or other P2P file links or ideas please search for other existing topics that cover this or feel free to start your own topic ;)

Know of a good download site?
If you know of a good, FREE ST Game or Game Menu download site NOT an FTP site or Torrent/news group/P2P link/site to add to this topic then by all means please tell me about it either here or send me a PM with the link and if it checks out I will add it to this post :thumbs:

Make a donation to the Atari-Forum.
Finally, if you are pleased with the help you've received from this forum and feel generous, a small donation via paypal to donate@atari-forum.com would be greatly appreciated, and would help to keep this place up and running and banner-free for the foreseeable.
Click here for more information about donations.
Thank you.
I need a nice sit down now! :coffe:

Here is Bruno's website in HTML format, use it to find which menu disks games are on, login to get it :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 459 times in total.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby ggn » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:00 am

Ummmmm, ok
is 73 Falcon patched atari games enough ? ^^
ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Mug UK » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:59 am

Or use the "Recherche" (search for the non-French speaking Anglophiles) and type in the name of the game.

You will get hits for each system that the game was released on, but it's not hard to find the ST section.

And if, with either my hints or Retrogamer's Idiots Guide to PlanetEmu.Net you still can't find the title (and we can!) then post a request here and I'm sure we won't take the mickey out of you ... well, OK, just a little.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:04 pm

ggn wrote:Ummmmm, ok

Why, thanks :)

muguk wrote:And if, with either my hints or Retrogamer's Idiots Guide to PlanetEmu.Net you still can't find the title (and we can!) then post a request here and I'm sure we won't take the mickey out of you ... well, OK, just a little.

Yup, as the man says, if you at least try and find the game yourself and fail due to either dead links/websites or if you are just not that clever then we forgive you ;)
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Goldrunner » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:33 pm

Umm, so you get can ST games from planetemi.net can you, well blow my socks off :P

Serously, nice set of instructions on how to get the games there RG :!:
Goldrunner
Guardian of the PaST
Guardian of the PaST

Postby RetroGamerUK » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:39 pm

Goldrunner wrote:Umm, so you get can ST games from planetemi.net can you, well blow my socks off :P

Yes you certainly can my good man :), I will politely decline the sock related request thanks.

and then wrote:Serously, nice set of instructions on how to get the games there RG :!:

Thanks for the compliment, it is always nice to know that my hard work is appreciated :D
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby zeropolis79 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Any other places seeing PlanetEmu seems to be malfunctioning right now?
zeropolis79
Atariator
Atariator

Postby Mug UK » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Not really .. planetemu is the most complete (online) source of ST disk images at present. Various private FTP sites have been and gone as they tend to get hammered!

Hang on until it's moved to another server and then it should be OK to leech a few disk images.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ppera » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:19 pm

Tried to DL 3 games. I get 3 times 'Not found' message instead.

How is it then on "Not the best" sites???
ppera

Postby aktiv8 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:21 pm

planetemu is moving hosts etc... give it a chance :roll:
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Postby NonToXIC » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:56 pm

Why they're moving? Old address wasn't good?
Hopefully getting an oldschool 520 STFM soon...
____
Atari Scene NEVER dies!
Stay cool. Stay ATARI
NonToXIC
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby keili » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:06 pm

The old adress will remain. One reason is, that the new server will be faster.
TI 99/4A, C64, 800XL, 260ST, 520ST, 520ST+, 1040ST, 1040 STE, Mega ST1, Mega ST2, Mega STe, Apple IIsi
keili
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ppera » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:19 am

aktiv8 wrote:planetemu is moving hosts etc... give it a chance :roll:

I give chance, as always :wink: . And you could put couple words about moving there...
ppera

Postby Scummbar » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:48 am

Planetemu.net is up and running again I believe
Scummbar
Atariator
Atariator

Postby aktiv8 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:24 am

Scummbar wrote:Planetemu.net is up and running again I believe

Certainly seems to be - just done a test ST download and got a file... lol
>>> Trust me, I'm a Research Chemist.... <<<
aktiv8
Atari God
Atari God

Postby NonToXIC » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:37 am

Me too :)
Hopefully getting an oldschool 520 STFM soon...
____
Atari Scene NEVER dies!
Stay cool. Stay ATARI
NonToXIC
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby Marakatti » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:27 am

Don't know if this was mentioned earlier somewhere but you can also load ST Tosec torrent (6.4gb) from http://full.pleasuredome.org.uk/

There are 21 peers at the moment and download speed is 100kb/s at 1meg line so still 17 hours and... wow:)
Admin of http://www.atarimania.com ST / Falcon section.
- Over 1900 original ST software titles archived with Pasti - Megathanks to all contributors!
- Over 1700 downloadable ST/Falcon/TT demos with details!
Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby tatouine » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:40 pm

This is a very good place to DL TOSEC and you can download at full speed (depending your connexion).

But you have to be very careful with your share ratio if you don't want to be shitlisted. :wink:
tatouine
Atarian
Atarian

Postby carmel_andrews » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:21 am

Are any of those download sites compatible with 'flashget' (download manager)...i know that the french site (planetemu) certainly isn't flashget compatible
carmel_andrews
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Mug UK » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:06 am

PlanetEmu probably won't allow tools like FlashGet to stop them being attacked by bandwidth leechers :)

If that Torrent is still alive from above then I'd use that one .. all depends on who's seeding it some 6 months later - but Pleasuredome are usually quite good on this.

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Postby RetroGamerUK » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:42 pm

I have never tried any leeching progs before, I never knew they existed.
As the big man says, for leeching you are better off going for the torrent option, maybe even a good FTP server would help, there is another topic covering this ;)
Actually, Rich/LGD's megafile (linked at the top of this topic) is a good way to mass download ST games...

Took me ages to build up my collection, ehhh in my day there were no planetemus, lad.
Last edited by RetroGamerUK on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Postby Rock_and_roll » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 am

Thanks for post that sites.
Rock_and_roll
Atarian
Atarian

Postby carmel_andrews » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:48 am

i only used download manager's like flashget as i only use dial up at pres.

Also because you can pause a download and resume at another time (nifty idea)
carmel_andrews
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

www.climatics.com

Postby bandit » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 pm

http://www.climatics.com -> is online a bit..

jaja.. i know.. maybe for all to long but till then just go there and dl a bit..

greets to all old friends..

bandit / climatics
bandit
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby RetroGamerUK » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Actually, I had already added the link to the main post here, and every time (except just now) that I tested the link I got in...
I have added that the site is still on and off, lemme know if/when its up proper and I will change the link info again. :)
RetroGamerUK
RetroLamerUK
RetroLamerUK

Next

Return to Games - Requests