NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: EastGermany

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Gehstock » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 am

Edit: Dip Setting For Dip B is Important,

Darfpga
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Darfpga » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:09 am

Spy hunter VHDL source code for de10_lite is available here :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/darfpg ... re%20VHDL/

Display TV scart 15KHz / VGA 31KHz.
On board sdram used for sprite data.
Lamps display on screen may be toggled ON/OFF.
Missing chip?cheap squeak deluxe.

Bring your own roms
Feel free to port to MiST/MiSTer.

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:52 am

Darfpga wrote:Spy hunter VHDL source code for de10_lite is available here :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/darfpg ... re%20VHDL/

Display TV scart 15KHz / VGA 31KHz.
On board sdram used for sprite data.
Lamps display on screen may be toggled ON/OFF.
Missing chip?cheap squeak deluxe.

Bring your own roms
Feel free to port to MiST/MiSTer.


:cheers:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: EastGermany

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Gehstock » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:12 am

Thank You

Lroby74
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Lroby74 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 pm

I love Spy Hunter and love all great works that you and others are doing on this wonderfull world that is FPGA, thank you very much

Darfpga wrote:Spy hunter VHDL source code for de10_lite is available here :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/darfpg ... re%20VHDL/

Display TV scart 15KHz / VGA 31KHz.
On board sdram used for sprite data.
Lamps display on screen may be toggled ON/OFF.
Missing chip?cheap squeak deluxe.

Bring your own roms
Feel free to port to MiST/MiSTer.

seastalker
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby seastalker » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm

A Spy Hunter core? Wow!! THANK YOU!!! So this game was problematic in MAME due to it really needing it's original arcade controller. Without an Arcade1up cabinet (like their Star Wars flight yoke) to implement the original controller, does anyone suggest the best modern equivalent? I am wondering if hardware homebrew is going to grow to explode in making all the arcade controllers that are NOT a basic joystick, trackball, or spinner.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:30 pm

Somebody knows how to get the Spy Hunter theme music in MAME? What romset should I use for it?

Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Chris23235 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:55 pm

slingshot wrote:Somebody knows how to get the Spy Hunter theme music in MAME? What romset should I use for it?


There is only one Spyhunter dump in Mame, it's the one called spyhunt.zip. What do you mean by how to get the theme in MAME? Do you mean played by an external player like M1 or extract it from the ROM?

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: EastGermany

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Gehstock » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:20 pm

There are 2 Romsets

GAMEL( 1983, spyhunt, 0, mcrsc_csd, spyhunt, mcr3_state, init_spyhunt, ROT90, "Bally Midway", "Spy Hunter", MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE, layout_spyhunt )
GAMEL( 1983, spyhuntp, spyhunt, mcrsc_csd, spyhunt, mcr3_state, init_spyhunt, ROT90, "Bally Midway (Playtronic license)", "Spy Hunter (Playtronic license)", MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE, layout_spyhunt )

Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Chris23235 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 pm

You are right, there is more then 1 Romset, in fact, it is 4 romsets, don't know whyI first overlooked the clones.

spyhunt.zip
spyhuntp.zip
spyhuntpr.zip
spyhuntsp.zip

Spyhuntsp.zip is a spanish licence of the game and spyhuntpr.zip is a bootleg of this licensed version.

spyhunt.zip is the original Bally release.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:58 am

Chris23235 wrote:There is only one Spyhunter dump in Mame, it's the one called spyhunt.zip. What do you mean by how to get the theme in MAME? Do you mean played by an external player like M1 or extract it from the ROM?

No, I just it was silent (but other sound effects are there). Now when I start it, the theme plays for some seconds, and it stops. Don't know if it is normal.

squid4
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby squid4 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Flicky has been released for MiSTer. Is this possible to be ported? Another Mr X creation. If you don't know about this arcade game it is a terrific, fun game and well worth a look.

Chris23235
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Chris23235 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:49 pm

slingshot wrote:
Chris23235 wrote:There is only one Spyhunter dump in Mame, it's the one called spyhunt.zip. What do you mean by how to get the theme in MAME? Do you mean played by an external player like M1 or extract it from the ROM?

No, I just it was silent (but other sound effects are there). Now when I start it, the theme plays for some seconds, and it stops. Don't know if it is normal.


That's the normal behavior, the theme is only played for a few seconds at the beginning of a game, afterwards it is sound only.

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:04 pm

Chris23235 wrote:
That's the normal behavior, the theme is only played for a few seconds at the beginning of a game, afterwards it is sound only.


I see, then it's OK.
@darfpga: I've did the missing Cheap Squeak boards:

6809 version for Demolition Derby:
https://github.com/gyurco/Mist_FPGA/blo ... squeak.vhd
Deluxe with 68000 for Spy Hunter
https://github.com/gyurco/Mist_FPGA/blo ... deluxe.vhd

Darfpga
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Darfpga » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:09 pm

slingshot wrote:@darfpga: I've did the missing Cheap Squeak boards:

6809 version for Demolition Derby:
https://github.com/gyurco/Mist_FPGA/blo ... squeak.vhd
Deluxe with 68000 for Spy Hunter
https://github.com/gyurco/Mist_FPGA/blo ... deluxe.vhd


Fine. Thank you for adding that missing part.

I was just downloaded tg68 and try to build my first code with that processor during this afternoon. Now I can see your messages ( and PM on saturday) so I am happy that these games are now with no missing parts.

Anyway I am going to continue discovering the m68000 for my own knowledge.

Just one more question : why have you choosen fx68 instead of tg68?

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Darfpga wrote:I was just downloaded tg68 and try to build my first code with that processor during this afternoon. Now I can see your messages ( and PM on saturday) so I am happy that these games are now with no missing parts.

Anyway I am going to continue discovering the m68000 for my own knowledge.

Just one more question : why have you choosen fx68 instead of tg68?


FX68 is the same as the real CPU, with all the pins, and it's even cycle exact. It counts, since the speed of the sounds are depend only on the CPU speed (and even the ROM bus speed, which is slowed down by an extra wait state), no timers or other gadgets to sync. Might work with the TG68, too, just you need some kind of wrapper to reproduce similar bus cycles. (TG68 does or at least to try to do everything in 1 cycle instead of 4 clocks in case of a memory access). At the end: it was simpler to use FX68K.

Upd.: latest TG68K is at https://github.com/TobiFlex/TG68K.C (TG68 - without K - is very old).

Darfpga
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Darfpga » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 am

slingshot wrote:
Darfpga wrote:
Just one more question : why have you choosen fx68 instead of tg68?


FX68 is the same as the real CPU, with all the pins, and it's even cycle exact. It counts, since the speed of the sounds are depend only on the CPU speed (and even the ROM bus speed, which is slowed down by an extra wait state), no timers or other gadgets to sync. Might work with the TG68, too, just you need some kind of wrapper to reproduce similar bus cycles. (TG68 does or at least to try to do everything in 1 cycle instead of 4 clocks in case of a memory access). At the end: it was simpler to use FX68K.

Upd.: latest TG68K is at https://github.com/TobiFlex/TG68K.C (TG68 - without K - is very old).


Thanks for your detailed reply and for the link.

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: EastGermany

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Gehstock » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Slingshot was Busy the last Days
New or Updated Cores Are
Bombjack,
Demolition Derby,
Dig Dug 2,
Discs of Tron,
Mappy,
Motos,
Spy Hunter,
Tapper,
Tetris,
The Tower of Druaga,
Timber,
Two Tigers,
Wacko,
Xevious

User avatar
retrofun
Atari freak
Atari freak
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby retrofun » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 pm

New Ghosts'n Goblins core from Jotego:

https://github.com/jotego/jtbin/blob/ma ... 191215.zip

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:34 am

Gehstock wrote:Slingshot was Busy the last Days
New or Updated Cores Are
Bombjack,
Demolition Derby,
Dig Dug 2,
Discs of Tron,
Mappy,
Motos,
Spy Hunter,
Tapper,
Tetris,
The Tower of Druaga,
Timber,
Two Tigers,
Wacko,
Xevious


:cheers: Thanks very much!!!
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board

slingshot
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1576
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby slingshot » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 am

Gehstock wrote:New or Updated Cores Are

You can add Green Beret :)

Gehstock
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 428
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: EastGermany

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby Gehstock » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Thank you

Edit: Released (3 games on this Core)

User avatar
DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 703
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby DrOG » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:59 am

Thank you! :cheers:
New (last 3) arcade cores are downloadable here:
https://github.com/Gehstock/Mist_FPGA/t ... e/Releases

DanyPPC
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby DanyPPC » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:06 am

Many thanks !

User avatar
vebxenon
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Re: NEW OR UPDATED ARCADE CORES

Postby vebxenon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:20 am

I'm really shocked with all these new or updated cores! :cheers: :cheers: :D . Just a question about Tetris... can be joysticks be swapped in order to use as joystick 1 my USB pad instead of DB9 or keyboard?

Thanks very much!! :cheers:
Just a computer and videogame lover :)

- Atari Jr 2600 clone
- Atari 7800 Peritel
- Atari XEGS
- Atari Lynx II
- Atari Jaguar
- MiST Board


Return to “MiST”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests