NetUSBee USB drivers download

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

mpattonm
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: NetUSBee USB drivers download

Postby mpattonm » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Many thanks!

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:09 pm

The new dynamic scrolling with the mouse wheel is a great improvement.

6BQ5
Atari User
Atari User

Postby 6BQ5 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:31 am

Perdrix24 wrote:Look in first post for updated package (NETUSB04.ZIP). Changes: Added keyboard and printer drivers. Mouse wheel scrolling more dynamic. Updated storage driver for card readers. Updated documentation. Updated usbtool.acc (devices without drivers greyed out).

Just installed the latest drivers into an AUTO folder on a floppy. My STe machine booted just fine, recognizing the USB flash drive. I want to try a USB mouse soon.

Question : can I have two joysticks in the mouse/joystick ports under my keyboard and a USB mouse in NetUSBee? I'm wondering if two-player games will conflict with the USB mouse.

Great work! :D :D

Boris

Atari 130XE
Atari 1040 STe

Perdrix24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Perdrix24 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 am

6BQ5 wrote:
Question : can I have two joysticks in the mouse/joystick ports under my keyboard and a USB mouse in NetUSBee? I'm wondering if two-player games will conflict with the USB mouse.

It'll probably be OK. I use a regular mouse and a USB mouse at the same time. Let us know!

joska
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby joska » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:21 am

6BQ5 wrote:Question : can I have two joysticks in the mouse/joystick ports under my keyboard and a USB mouse in NetUSBee? I'm wondering if two-player games will conflict with the USB mouse.

This should not be a problem.
Jo Even

VanillaMiNT - Firebee - Falcon060 - Milan060 - Falcon040 - MIST - Mega ST - STM - STE - Amiga 600 - Sharp MZ700 - MSX - Amstrad CPC - C64

6BQ5
Atari User
Atari User

Postby 6BQ5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:47 pm

I have finally gotten around to testing the mouse driver! :)

Yes, it is possible to have both the ST mouse and a USB mouse connected to the computer simultaneously. The USB mouse I used is a generic unit branded for iBuyPower. It tracks very, very fast across the screen - almost too fast.

I see people using wireless keyboards and mice. How does that work? Don't those devices need special drivers and software to synchronize the devices to the transmit/receive unit?

I also ran into my first USB storage stick that doesn't work very well. It's a SanDisk 8 GB Fit Cruizer. Amazon link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F ... UTF8&psc=1

The drivers do not recognize the device upon boot up and my drive C: icon is removed from the display. I must install the icon after every reboot. All files are present though and the NetUSBee desk accessory sees the device.

Odd ... because the 32 GB version of this same device works just fine. Only problem there is all the wasted space since I can't use all 32 GB with the ST.

Do I need to reformat the 8 GB device in Windows?

Great work, guys! Your drivers and your software package here is really, really, really great and I really appreciate the work you put into this! :)

Boris

Atari 130XE
Atari 1040 STe

Perdrix24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Perdrix24 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:07 am

6BQ5 wrote:I have finally gotten around to testing the mouse driver! :)

Yes, it is possible to have both the ST mouse and a USB mouse connected to the computer simultaneously. The USB mouse I used is a generic unit branded for iBuyPower. It tracks very, very fast across the screen - almost too fast.

I see people using wireless keyboards and mice. How does that work? Don't those devices need special drivers and software to synchronize the devices to the transmit/receive unit?

For example, a Logitech mouse/keyboard combo has one USB receiver. If we insert the receiver, it has 2 interfaces, keyboard and mouse (0 and 1). Both drivers (keyboard and mouse) accept it, so this works for combo.

To slow down the mouse, use CKBD. Perhaps I should include it in the next package, it's a freeware mouse accelerator-decelerator/keyboard manager.

emcclariion
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby emcclariion » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:21 am

Yep, my Logitech work keyboard and mouse use a single USB dongle and work fine on my Atari's, its great as on my Mega STE keyboard control key does not work, so I use my PC keyboard
Atari TT Nova card Mach64, Lightning VME, 64MB of RAM, Mega STE 4MB, Nova mach 32 and Atari STE 4MB TOS 2.06 Netusb Ultrasatan 2, Atari Falcon CT60 512MB Netusb

6BQ5
Atari User
Atari User

Postby 6BQ5 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:40 am

Oh, so these interfaces auto-sync without needing to install manufacturer specific drivers? That's great! I may try that next. Many wireless keyboard/mouse combo kits are available for $10 - $20 so it is very tempting. Maybe the auto-sync between device and USB dongle will make more sense when I actually connect it.

Do you think it would be possible to expand the storage driver so it expands the range of drive letters available to TOS?

Boris

Atari 130XE
Atari 1040 STe

elrnsd
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby elrnsd » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:50 am

Hey Guys,

I have had a lot of issues with getting my USB storage to work. At first I tried with an old SanDisk 2 GB and it worked for a while on my TT, but after some time it stopped recognizing the drive. HD Drivers (10.3) failed to see it. So I tried various other USB sticks, still no luck. The other day I picked up 2 16 GB sticks, I SanDisk and the other PNY. Now the USB Utility will see them but when I try to add them to the desktop at first I would get 2 drive icons for each, the first would not show any data in it, and the second looked like it had my physical HD in it. Weird, but it showed my C,D, and E drives as folders within it. So I tried to format the 16 GB sticks and after about 10 hrs it completed, but I was not able to partition them out or see any data that I had copied from my PC. I'm at a total loss. I have the drivers installed in the correct order in the AUTO folder, but to no avail, none are working. Oddly enough one of the older USB drives when in the NETUSBEE on startup will lock up the system and not even load to the desktop.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Galvez
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Galvez » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:36 am

elrnsd wrote:Hey Guys,

I have had a lot of issues with getting my USB storage to work. At first I tried with an old SanDisk 2 GB and it worked for a while on my TT, but after some time it stopped recognizing the drive. HD Drivers (10.3) failed to see it. So I tried various other USB sticks, still no luck. The other day I picked up 2 16 GB sticks, I SanDisk and the other PNY. Now the USB Utility will see them but when I try to add them to the desktop at first I would get 2 drive icons for each, the first would not show any data in it, and the second looked like it had my physical HD in it. Weird, but it showed my C,D, and E drives as folders within it. So I tried to format the 16 GB sticks and after about 10 hrs it completed, but I was not able to partition them out or see any data that I had copied from my PC. I'm at a total loss. I have the drivers installed in the correct order in the AUTO folder, but to no avail, none are working. Oddly enough one of the older USB drives when in the NETUSBEE on startup will lock up the system and not even load to the desktop.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the NetUSBee's network function while using USB under TOS? STING network drivers are not compatible with the USB ones.

Some people reported malfunction because dirty contacts viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31632#p368602

Some people reported here issues with some TTs rom-port, but I don't have more information about it, and I don't know what this hardware problem could be. Is the NetUSBee's network part working right?

elrnsd
Retro freak
Retro freak

Postby elrnsd » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:06 am

Galvez,

I do have the network drivers installed in the AUTO folder, but I am not using them at this time. I will remove them and reply back. As for dirty contacts I will also try cleaning with is IPA and see if that helps. I can tell you that I am using the older version of the TT motherboard. It's the original with the 32Mhz add on card for the 16Mhz motherboards. I know that the TT has a tricky system for determinint the revision, but I know that I have the gold top PGA style 68030 chip.

As for the networking portion, I was trying to get the USB functions working first before I worked on the network stuff. I will reply in the next day or so with the results.

Thanks!

Eric

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Suggestions for the mouse driver.

My mouse is not recognized after booting once every 3 or 4 times. A reboot solves the issue usually. Could we have a hot-key that would rescan or reset the driver after booting to prevent the need for rebooting the system?

Also, the mouse scroll wheel is a great feature, but it seems to queue up the scrolling, so for example, when the scroll wheel is not being rolled, the window contents continue scrolling until the event queue is emptied. Could the queue
be emptied after the scroll wheel is not actively being rolled? This would allow other window manipulations to be performed or other user activities.

Great driver!

Perdrix24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Perdrix24 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:05 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:My mouse is not recognized after booting once every 3 or 4 times

The mouse driver has been updated recently. I need to update the package. I've attached it, if you can try it.

As for the continued scrolling issue, I took note, I'll look at it later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks, I'll try it out. And thanks for taking the scroll wheel queueing into consideration! :cheers:

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby czietz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:34 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:My mouse is not recognized after booting once every 3 or 4 times. A reboot solves the issue usually. Could we have a hot-key that would rescan or reset the driver after booting to prevent the need for rebooting the system?

Doesn't unplugging and re-plugging the mouse help? (Of course, under TOS you have to load USBTOOL.ACC to allow hot-plugging of USB devices.)

tzok
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby tzok » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:54 pm

I use BIGDOS to access bigger flash drives, it has to be loaded before netusbee drivers. I don't think usbtool is able initialize mouse, if it was not recognized during boot. I guess the problem is the voltage on USB port of the netusbee.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:05 pm

Perdrix24 wrote:
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:My mouse is not recognized after booting once every 3 or 4 times

The mouse driver has been updated recently. I need to update the package. I've attached it, if you can try it.

As for the continued scrolling issue, I took note, I'll look at it later.

Working good so far. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the update.

I noticed the binary is around 4 times bigger than the previous version. Are there some new features added?

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Eh spoke too soon lol. Just had the mouse not working after booting. This is a Lenovo MO28UO mouse.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:05 pm

tzok wrote:I use BIGDOS to access bigger flash drives, it has to be loaded before netusbee drivers. I don't think usbtool is able initialize mouse, if it was not recognized during boot. I guess the problem is the voltage on USB port of the netusbee.

Hmm, are you suggesting it could be related to my power supply or electrolytics? That's interesting.

Perdrix24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Perdrix24 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:38 am

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
Perdrix24 wrote:
TheNameOfTheGame wrote:
I noticed the binary is around 4 times bigger than the previous version. Are there some new features added?

Mouse wheel working on all mice, extra buttons on mice work (page up/page down and wheel pan left/right).

This was possible because the mouse driver is now using report protocol instead of boot protocol, more features can be accessed.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:07 pm

That's an impressive update. I'll try another mouse and see if it helps with the non-responsive issue. Wish there was a way to determine if it was hardware at the netusbee/mouse level or the software driver itself. Kind of hard to tell at this point.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Feature request for the mouse driver: My scroll wheel can be depressed for an additional button. I hear the click when I press it, so I assume the driver processes it somehow. Could it be made to simulate a double-click? That would be very helpful inside applications and file-selectors, etc. Cheers!

Perdrix24
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Perdrix24 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:32 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:Feature request for the mouse driver: My scroll wheel can be depressed for an additional button. I hear the click when I press it, so I assume the driver processes it somehow. Could it be made to simulate a double-click? That would be very helpful inside applications and file-selectors, etc. Cheers!

This is equivalent to a mouse third button. At the moment, it is assigned to ENTER. So in a dialog, it should activate the default button.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Ok, makes sense. Now, that leads to the question is there a way I can change it to double-click?

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”