MISTer (Main Core)

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

zomgugoff
Atari freak
Atari freak

Re: MISTer (Main Core)

Postby zomgugoff » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Test version maps left on SN30 now, but not up?

EDIT:

Sorgelig wrote:Test version:
<removed> - i found the bug. Will re-upload soon.

Lol, was that it?

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:22 pm

New test version.

If it doesn't work, then post the log of DPAD left/right/up/down press/release.
Simple "it doesn't work" won't help at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Threepwood
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Threepwood » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Sorgelig wrote:New test version.

The N30 works now.

I then tested the SFC30, which is the old design version of the SN30/SF30. All modes work, but I had an issue that at first there was no console output in X-Input mode and once it worked the gamepad stopped working after the D-Pad Test and had to be replugged, but then it starts working flawless.

Attached you find the console log of successful inputs should the data be of interest. Note that I did not remove the map-files this time.

EDIT: I also tested the new M30 Bluetooth genesis style gamepad. It works in any mode but Switch Mode when connected via USB cable. There is no console log output while in Switch Mode, so I guess it does not send anything over USB in that mode. Added a log file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Threepwood on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanfanel
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby vanfanel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Works here with the 8Bitdo SN30! Good!

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks!

M30 in D-Input mode has too many events for dpad press/release. May be you've touched some other keys?
If it always sends so many events then i don't recommend to use it in D-Input mode.

Threepwood
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Postby Threepwood » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:49 pm

Sorgelig wrote:Thanks!

M30 in D-Input mode has too many events for dpad press/release. May be you've touched some other keys?
If it always sends so many events then i don't recommend to use it in D-Input mode.

I found that weird, too, but no matter how careful I press left or right, there are always four events on that axis on both M30s I own.

bitfan2011

Postby bitfan2011 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:33 pm

latest updates broke all my gamepad controls
i can still open the main menu with a k/b, but when i try to map the gamepad again, getting weird "tilt control" etc..

hyperterminal

Postby hyperterminal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40 pm

With MiST it is possible to assign multiple buttons to a button on the gamepad. For example with the SMS core you can assign button 1 and 2 to button 3 on the gamepad which is useful in some games like Double Dragon where 1+2 is jump. That way you do not need to press two buttons simultaneoulsy but can press a third button instead. Can the same be done with MiSTer?

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:53 pm

hyperterminal wrote:With MiST it is possible to assign multiple buttons to a button on the gamepad. For example with the SMS core you can assign button 1 and 2 to button 3 on the gamepad which is useful in some games like Double Dragon where 1+2 is jump. That way you do not need to press two buttons simultaneoulsy but can press a third button instead. Can the same be done with MiSTer?

Nope.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:44 pm

8bitdo controllers with latest "test" build using Bluetooth adapter (brown brick with psc v1.22 firmware)
SNES30/SFC30 (v4.10): works properly now
M30 (v1.0) works properly now

NES30 PRO/ FC30 PRO (v4.10): Hangs on "analog" "tilt" assignments with joystick id showing.
Digital Pad and Buttons work, just skip the analog inputs.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:56 pm

PsyFX wrote:NES30 PRO/ FC30 PRO (v4.10): Hangs on "analog" "tilt" assignments with joystick id showing.

It doesn't hangs. MiSTer doesn't know if gamepad has analog sticks or not. So you have to skip it if no analog sticks are present.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
PsyFX wrote:NES30 PRO/ FC30 PRO (v4.10): Hangs on "analog" "tilt" assignments with joystick id showing.

It doesn't hangs. MiSTer doesn't know if gamepad has analog sticks or not. So you have to skip it if no analog sticks are present.

Ok... these pads do have analog sticks, they look very much the same as the updated models on this webpage.
http://www.8bitdo.com/n30pro-f30pro/

the analogs worked "tilt" (ONLY -> direct usb) with Release 20190318

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 pm

PsyFX wrote:
Sorgelig wrote:

Ok... these pads do have analog sticks, they look very much the same as the updated models on this webpage.

Maybe "hangs" is the wrong term, but there is no response from the analog pads so I had to skip those inputs.

Sorry for the double post, I thought I was doing an "edit"....

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:50 pm

PsyFX wrote:Ok... these pads do have analog sticks, they look very much the same as the updated models on this webpage.

I have SF30 Pro and SN30 Pro - they work well with Stick Tilt definition. They shouldn't be much different from other Pro versions as they have same buttons..
Try XInput/DInput modes.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
PsyFX wrote:Ok... these pads do have analog sticks, they look very much the same as the updated models on this webpage.

I have SF30 Pro and SN30 Pro - they work well with Stick Tilt definition. They shouldn't be much different from other Pro versions as they have same buttons..
Try XInput/DInput modes.

Ok I tried the other bluetooth modes, analogs still are not recognized
However with a Direct USB connection, the analogs work!

To be honest I don't really like these pads, but I use for analog games on retropie now and then.
For the sake of being thorough, why I tested them.
Others prob love them though :wink:

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 pm

PsyFX wrote:Ok I tried the other bluetooth modes, analogs still are not recognized

can you post the log from wireless connection when you tilt the sticks?
Probably in wireless mode these gamepads are in not correct mode. Probably analog sticks generate -1..0..1 events (like dpad).

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NML32 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:59 pm

I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues I'm having and noticed all my 8bitdo pads (different models) are showing the same id. Is this normal?
My MiSTer has two 8bitdo receivers one pad is an M30 and the other is an SF30 Pro both display ID 045e_028e in the OSD.
My other MiSTer has an 8bitdo SN30 that also displays 045e_028e.

It seems like each time I set up a controller it overwrites the previous controller's config.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:17 pm

NML32 wrote:I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues I'm having and noticed all my 8bitdo pads (different models) are showing the same id. Is this normal?
My MiSTer has two 8bitdo receivers one pad is an M30 and the other is an SF30 Pro both display ID 045e_028e in the OSD.
My other MiSTer has an 8bitdo SN30 that also displays 045e_028e.

It seems like each time I set up a controller it overwrites the previous controller's config.

This is normal as ID comes from receiver. There is no way for MiSTer to distinguish different gamepads connected to 8bitdo receiver. So they are the same from MiSTer point of view.
However there is workaround - you can switch receiver of M30 to XInput mode (or PSC mode) while using DInput for SF30 Pro receiver (or vice versa). In this case receivers will have different VID/PID and you will be able to define gamepads differently.

NML32
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby NML32 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Thank you!!
This was driving me nuts. :lol:

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 pm

PsyFX wrote:Ok I tried the other bluetooth modes, analogs still are not recognized

i think i've just made the same with my SF30 Pro with receiver.
I've switched to PSC mode where both sticks act the same with 0..1..2 events. So eventually it's not analog mode. They work in digital mode with the same codes. You can use this mode, however it provides only digital events and both stick produce the same codes.
I suggest to switch to XInput mode then you will have analog sticks there.

P.S.: and dpad in PSC mode has the same codes as sticks. So all 3 direction controls are the same. Definitely a bad mode for Pro controllers. However for digital only gamepads like M30 this mode should be fine.

zomgugoff
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby zomgugoff » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:57 pm

Is it just me, or did the OSD key combos stop working? They work in PSC mode, but none of the other buttons work. It's weird through, I can bind all of the buttons in PSC mode, but once out of the binding window, they don't do anything aside from the OSD combos.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 am

Sorgelig wrote:

i think i've just made the same with my SF30 Pro with receiver.
I've switched to PSC mode where both sticks act the same with 0..1..2 events. So eventually it's not analog mode. They work in digital mode with the same codes. You can use this mode, however it provides only digital events and both stick produce the same codes.
I suggest to switch to XInput mode then you will have analog sticks there.

P.S.: and dpad in PSC mode has the same codes as sticks. So all 3 direction controls are the same. Definitely a bad mode for Pro controllers. However for digital only gamepads like M30 this mode should be fine.

Don't know if you still want the logs, but here you go. I pared a NES30 PRO in both D and X input modes
Sorry for the delay, had to step out for a bit, relocate my mister, hook up vga, learn how to access the console, etc
fun fun :shrug:

hope this helps

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:09 am

zomgugoff wrote:Is it just me, or did the OSD key combos stop working? They work in PSC mode, but none of the other buttons work. It's weird through, I can bind all of the buttons in PSC mode, but once out of the binding window, they don't do anything aside from the OSD combos.

and cannot navigate in OSD?

PsyFX wrote:Don't know if you still want the logs, but here you go. I pared a NES30 PRO in both D and X input modes
Sorry for the delay, had to step out for a bit, relocate my mister, hook up vga, learn how to access the console, etc
fun fun :shrug:

yeah, as i've told above, your sticks aren't in analog mode. They generate digital positions 0..1..2. Since they are analog originally, there must be something in gamepad or receiver configured wrong.
I see in both XInput and DInput modes the VID/PID is the same. It means you don't really switch between D/I input modes. You doing something wrong.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:38 am

Sorgelig wrote: yeah, as i've told above, your sticks aren't in analog mode. They generate digital positions 0..1..2. Since they are analog originally, there must be something in gamepad or receiver configured wrong.
I see in both XInput and DInput modes the VID/PID is the same. It means you don't really switch between D/I input modes. You doing something wrong.

Yeah I agree with you, I am just not sure what is wrong with those control pads, as every-time I switch input modes on the controller it seems like nothing changed.
It might be a firmware issue with controllers, I might try to downgrade and re-test.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:08 am

PsyFX wrote:Yeah I agree with you, I am just not sure what is wrong with those control pads, as every-time I switch input modes on the controller it seems like nothing changed.
It might be a firmware issue with controllers, I might try to downgrade and re-test.

In console log when i switch the mode i see how receiver virtually unplugged and the plugged again with other VID/PID. So press dpud UP+Select at the same time and keep it pressed like 3-5 seconds. You should see in console the device re-plug. Try other combinations as well.

Return to “MiSTer”