custom USB controller adapters

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

kitrinx
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: custom USB controller adapters

Postby kitrinx » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Sorgelig wrote:Simple task: analog axis map and analog to digital map. Sounds simple, but implementation is super tricky!

Axis mapping isn't fun at all, I've done it in software before. Nothing needs more than 2 axes right now, but if PS1 ever makes it, that uses four axes.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:34 pm

kitrinx wrote:Axis mapping isn't fun at all, I've done it in software before. Nothing needs more than 2 axes right now, but if PS1 ever makes it, that uses four axes.

It's unlikely PS1 will be implemented. Although it may be ok by used frequencies, the size of the core will be bigger than MiSTer has.
If somehow it will be implemented (like hybrid emulator), then i will update the API :)

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:29 pm

More input customizations are added in latest MiSTer release.
Please read updated Wiki page to get familiar with new definitions:
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... ut-devices

Locutus73
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Locutus73 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:50 am

Latest Kitrinx/Rysha NES zapper implementation should work with Mayflash Dolphinbar and Wiimotes, just like all moderns PC lightguns. The act as “absolute position” mice, just like touchscreens and since they send absolute events (actual value with min and max range) they are confused by MiSTer as analog sticks. But that’s fine since, implementing lightgun emulation for analog sticks just like Kitrinx/Rysha did (stick centered translates to aiming to the center of the screen, stick tilted to the right translates to aiming to the right and so on) you get two birds with a stone: supporting both real analog sticks and modern lightgun. Now the hard part will be correctly configuring the Dolphinbar or a lightgun with the joypad configuration wizard: while it’s easy to move an analog stick right when requested, doing the same with a gun pointing to a screen requires firm hands and very precise movements. I’ll report back as soon as I try.

Thank you.
Regards.

Locutus73

Newsdee
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Newsdee » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:51 am

Wow, we have modern light gun support? Color me impressed... thanks Rysha!

Return to “MiSTer”