8bitdo USB Adapter MiSTer issue [Resolved]

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

laserdisc
Atari User
Atari User

8bitdo USB Adapter MiSTer issue [Resolved]

Postby laserdisc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:23 am

Something I discovered when I updated to the latest MiSTer linux files release_20190206. My 8bitdo USB Adapter (orange brick looking dongle) would interfere with the keyboard. When the adapter was plugged in, it would cause any USB keyboard to cease functioning while adapter was linked with any 8bitdo controller. If you unlink the controller or disconnect the adapter, the keyboard would function normally. I tested the controllers and adapter on a couple of computers and it worked perfectly.
At first I updated both my sn30 pro & sfc30 controllers to firmware 4.10 but the issue persisted.

After some trial and error, I updated the USB Adapter from 1.18 firmware to v1.22 and this seems to have corrected the issue.

Just thought I put this out there in case anyone else experiences this problem.

warham
Atari maniac
Atari maniac

Re: 8bitdo USB Adapter MiSTer issue [Resolved]

Postby warham » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am

Firmware update did not fix my issue. As Sorgelig mentioned the only thing that makes a difference is trying different USB ports. Sometimes second controller works ok and sometimes very very lagged. Probably in the 1/4 - 1/2 second range.
Last edited by warham on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: 8bitdo USB Adapter MiSTer issue [Resolved]

Postby Sorgelig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 am

warham wrote:Thanks, didnt notice they released another firmware. I have a different issue where the second controller become lagged I hope this will fix.

to me it's just traditional DE10-nano USB host driver issue. Kernel 4.19 (latest Linux release) gives me better compatibility with many ports on HUB used.
Changing USB HUB ports usually help. It including changing of other USB devices as well.

Return to “MiSTer”