Fiffi FTP Question

All about the serious stuff.

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Moderator Team

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Fiffi FTP Question

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:47 pm

I was using aFTP 1.55 with GlueStik under MagiC and MagiCNet and it works fine but is a little slow processing the directories. One thing that it does do is recursively GET a folder and all its contents.

I like Fiffi because it is faster to process the directory contents and I don't need to load the GlueStik connector, but can't see a way to recursively GET a whole folder. I read through the Hyp documentation but didn't see anything that mentioned it.

Am I missing something or does Fiffi not allow recursive GETs? Using v1.50b.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Re: Fiffi FTP Question

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:05 am

Wow, decided to try Litchi and it works flawlessly. Very excellent ftp program and works under MagiCNet with GlueStik connector.

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Look at viewtopic.php?t=24119&start=150#p280787

The website is currently down, but the "Trapper" program may be useful. Gluestik is still mandatory but only for the resolver() function.
With Trapper and MagiCNet, direct MiNTnet gemdos calls will be used. It's safer and quicker than the Gluestik layer translator.

gstoll
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby gstoll » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Rajah Lone wrote:Look at viewtopic.php?t=24119&start=150#p280787

The website is currently down

I have no homepage anymore.

Here ist the program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Yes, thanks Rajah and Gerhard. I had the extensions already from Gerhard's old site but hadn't gotten around to installing them. Now that I have my machines set up again I´ll get it installed and try it out.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:18 pm

I got it set up with Trapper 2.99 (v3?) and MintNet extension. Too bad about having to still use GlueStik; takes about 50kb on my 4MB machine. I did disable Iconnect so that saved me about 80kb though. Really need a Magnum board in my STe. They never come up for sale though.

Can't tell if Litchi is any faster now because it was already pretty fast but it works great! One thing if possible when I go back up a directory it reloads to the top of the directory list instead of keeping the directory I had entered previously. With hundreds of folders, I have to scroll back down to find another. Is there any way to keep the position of the previously selected folders when moving around in the server's folders?

So I always wondered with the MintNet extension to MagiCNet, can I use Mint Internet apps like telnet and irc under MagiC?

Rajah Lone
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Rajah Lone » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Magnum is old fashion. Try MonSTEr (still available ?). I bought a MonSTer for my MegaST, which enabled me to tests my programs with MagiCNet.

Saved location in the parent folder in Litchi: your request may be possible. -> in the TODOs. Maybe a release this end of month or February.

TheNameOfTheGame
Atari God
Atari God

Postby TheNameOfTheGame » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

MonSTer for STe is sold out at the moment. I don't hold any hope out for new ones, but maybe someone will make a run of them.

Social Media

Return to “Applications”