Tetra Quest Non technical talk

All about ST/STE games

Moderators: simonsunnyboy, Mug UK, Doctor Bob Gordon, ICS, Moderator Team

Marcer
Atarilegend
Atarilegend

Tetra Quest Non technical talk

Postby Marcer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 pm

here it is.. but Ppera isnt allowed to have it. since he is a jerk.

im not sure if its workin 100% the disk wasnt so nice.. had trouble with kryoflux it..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Atari ST/FM/E - Mega sTe - Portfolio - Falcon 030 FX 3 in 1 -- Atari 7800/Lynx/Jaguar -
- FTP... Ask for info
- Atari Legend (Games all-a-round)
- Paradize (Chip Music)
- Elite (Atari Softs)
- The Legion (Demos)
- Alive Maggie Team
_/|\_YM-RockerZ_/|\_

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Re: Tetra Quest Original releases

Postby ijor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Marcer wrote:im not sure if its workin 100% the disk wasnt so nice.. had trouble with kryoflux it..

Bingo (almost)! Thanks a lot Marcer.

This seems to be, originally, a fully working release. It is slightly damaged, but I would be able to recover because the data seems to be the same as the Warriors II release just slightly damaged, but (big but) with the correct timing. Please PM me a link for the RAW kryoflux files. Is it possible?

This is probably the original UK release, just on a budget packaging.

Marcer wrote:but Ppera isnt allowed to have it. since he is a jerk.

Not sure what you mean :) You posted it on a public thread, he probably is downloading it right now as we speak, LOL! :)
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Marcer wrote:here it is.. but Ppera isnt allowed to have it. since he is a jerk.

im not sure if its workin 100% the disk wasnt so nice.. had trouble with kryoflux it..

Could this sh*t end please. None of us owns any of the games we preserve so it really is not in our hands who uses them and who doesn't. You, me or no one else can't put a stamp on it and say who has rights to use the dumps and who doesn't.

One reason why i stopped building the Jaguar database was because all the bullshit that was floating around that machine and it's programmers.
Now i see it has landed on ST too. Really professional...
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Marakatti wrote:
Marcer wrote:here it is.. but Ppera isnt allowed to have it. since he is a jerk.

Could this sh*t end please. None of us owns any of the games we preserve so it really is not in our hands who uses them and who doesn't. You, me or no one else can't put a stamp on it and say who has rights to use the dumps and who doesn't.

One reason why i stopped building the Jaguar database was because all the bullshit that was floating around that machine and it's programmers.
Now i see it has landed on ST too. Really professional...

Feel free to forward your request to him directly since you're friends. He's the one constantly insulting and attacking absolutely everyone.
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

ijor
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby ijor » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:40 am

Come on people. This is not the way neither the place.
Fx Cast: Atari St cycle accurate fpga core

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 pm

cb wrote:
Feel free to forward your request to him directly since you're friends. He's the one constantly insulting and attacking absolutely everyone.

I think he's resourceful enough to find it himself. And no, i can't say we have a close friendchip, but i respect what he has done for the "casual ST user", especially in Mega Ste gaming sector, and especially when most of the other people left ST and stopped being active. So yes, i'm a fan of his work, but not a fan of his public communication. Two very different things. Part of it is he trying to be sarcastic with a pretty poor english which always is hard to accomplish in a written text. When someone takes someone else's words as a personal insult instead of sarcams, that's pretty much a road of no return.

It's just that i've learned to know a bit different person from what his reputation is over the last decade. And without his work, us Mega STe gamers would have maybe 10% percent of games to play we have today.
In all fairness it probably helps that i know nothing of the stuff he does and therefor don't have a need to challenge him from anything or question his technical abilities. Everyone of you who can do the programming or hardware magic are far superior than i am as an experienced ST user.

If i had challenged him, would he have attacked me too? Yes, it's possible. But there's always a difference between being attacked or my work being criticized. He has pointed out many flaws in ST database and found many errors. Should i see it as a personal attack, or a way to learn from the criticism in a benefit of being a step closer in having a more accurate database? How many people are even bothered to leave feedback? One or two, some of the worse cases just go yelling how poo everything is and how nothing works, and how much Pasti sucks because it can't run on a real ST. Not to mention people's ability to understand what kind of time it takes to keep all this running for free.

I understand this sounds probably nothing like him from your perspective, but he's always been extremely helpful to me. And while i'm just a superstupid end user without any technical knowledge he always has tolerated my most stupid technical questions and tried to teach me with a lot of patience. Without his help i would have never figured out the CosmosEx + Mega STe hardware/software configuration to make it my main gaming ST.
Now what if i had asked these same stupid questions from another guy who had done adaptions in the past for ST, and now does the same in a steep price for Jaguar users?
Yes he would have sent me to digital hell because i'm just a stupid lamer who can't program. I know that from the Guardians of the PaST days. Probably one of the reasons why a very talented archiver had enough and left the ST scene years ago.

Yes, Peter really could wait for 30 minutes before sending out his messages to public and calm down. I've said to him many times that "let your work speak for you, do not enter the flamewars. You will earn your reputation from what you do, not what you argue about". But what really buggers me is that he's not the only one who acts that way.

What people usually don't want to remember is that there's another guy with a long track record of bullying "ST-lamers", depreticating people's work whatever it is ST scene (Ppera, Guardians of The PaST), or Jaguar commercial sector, even putting out copyright claims for YouTubers who has footage of Jaguar games, some which are even freeware. Does it sound any worse than Ppera? Why is he tolerated?

So, both want to be number one, both are extremely sensitive of their work being criticized. But only one is being criticized of his actions while other's bullying is seen as a cool thing and is silently accepted.

So, i'm a friend of anyone who has done their share to keep the Atari ST memories and history alive and not being forgotten. Be it a preservation of software, making YouTube videos, writing blogs, just playing games or using an old apps to keep the ST's or any other platforms from gathering dust. Or helping out people with less technical knowledge so we are able to enjoy our hardware and software.

And i'm extremely thankful to everyone who has helped me over the decade in my hobby of cataloging Atari ST compatibles software history when there was practically no ST users left. I also tried to do my share to help others (spent over 10 years of ALL my free time to catalogue Atari ST / TT and Falcon software over at AM with close to 10000 entries to this date, spent over 4 weeks of continous SCP imaging with SuperCard Pro from my personal software collection for sending over 1000 unverified disk images to Atari Legend to help them to make a new start, majority of those images are not even uploaded yet on AM. You know, 5 revolts, approx 5 minutes per disk, you do the math)

But no, i'm not a friend of bullying people which some people thinks is acceptable because of their high position in the Atari scene. And because their personal pride is in a way of preservation of Atari ST history. Because that's where the fights are originating from. From a champion and a learning challenger who wanted to show things can be done different. The champion started slagging by hoping that the challenger will leave and don't steal his sunlight. And the challenger whose social and language skills weren't enough for his defence.
Do we need the champion? He has left us a long time ago because Atari money can still be earned in Jaguar scene.
Do we need the challenger? He's our only hope in HD adapting as no one else isn't interested or has the skills.
But it would be superb if he could find a bit more diplomatic approach to many things. But as everyone see him just a bad thing on the ST scene it's not easy to change the direction.

Is ST scene already in too deep trouble for that to happen? That's my fear. No programmers, no hardware developers, no end users. No Atari ST.

I can only hope people can work out the differences and let the ST be remembered the way it should be - The underdog who gave a pretty good fight for Amiga mostly because of a clever techniques and an additional hardware invented by a clever people who still amaze me even today. You guys are doing things that the engineering team of the original ST would have never thought possible even in their wildest dreams in 1984 and 1985.

And now i apologize that i've gone so far off-topic from the subject of the original posting. Carry on please :cheers:

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Tetra Quest Non technical talk

Postby cb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm

It's all good :cheers:
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 pm

:cheers:

ggn
Atari God
Atari God

Postby ggn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm

is 73 Falcon patched atari games enough ? ^^

ST Graveyard
Obsessed with homicide
Obsessed with homicide

Postby ST Graveyard » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

I think Marakatti makes some very good points and I agree with him. While everybody is entitled to his/her opinion, I prefer keeping it polite and constructive...from all sides!

One thing thing though Marakatti : "spent over 4 weeks of continous SCP imaging with SuperCard Pro from my personal software collection for sending over 1000 unverified disk images to Atari Legend to help them to make a new start" --> I really did not know this? What am I missing here? We have a download section ready (on CONTROL PANEL level) and are now working on a new game detail page of the main site to incorporate these downloads. So, sorry that these are not online, I did not know about this ... I hope we have this new section ready within the first quarter of 2019.
We are Atari Legend.

Visit us at : http://www.atarilegend.com

Youtube
Facebook
Twitter

Sister site :
Stonish.net

cb
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby cb » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

ggn wrote:Image

From Black Adder ? :)
AL-FGC
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

ST Graveyard wrote:
One thing thing though Marakatti : "spent over 4 weeks of continous SCP imaging with SuperCard Pro from my personal software collection for sending over 1000 unverified disk images to Atari Legend to help them to make a new start" --> I really did not know this? What am I missing here? We have a download section ready (on CONTROL PANEL level) and are now working on a new game detail page of the main site to incorporate these downloads. So, sorry that these are not online, I did not know about this ... I hope we have this new section ready within the first quarter of 2019.

Well the downside is that they really need to be checked before uploading. Some of them might not work or might not be good enough for preservation. I think Stefan is handling it. They were pretty much done in "assembly line" style because the time would otherwise ran out. The diskdrive was cleaned regular basis though.

But i have all the disks with me and will redo what is needed with a better cleaning when necessary.

Social Media

Return to “Games - General”