https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Sorgelig, Moderator Team

Lodovic
Atari User
Atari User

Re: Minimig (Amiga) core discussion

Postby Lodovic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:12 am

Sorgelig wrote:Where you see FAT32?

On the SD card where all cores and menu are stored. The main one. Is it formatted FAT32 when it is prepared? Mine is not physically accessible so I cannot put it in a card reader to check the format type.

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Lodovic wrote:
Sorgelig wrote:Where you see FAT32?

On the SD card where all cores and menu are stored. The main one. Is it formatted FAT32 when it is prepared? Mine is not physically accessible so I cannot put it in a card reader to check the format type.

official MiSTer SD card installer uses exFAT.

BlockABoots
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

Postby BlockABoots » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Does anyone have a working url for tinylauncher?

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BBond007 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:37 pm

BlockABoots wrote:Does anyone have a working url for tinylauncher?

Most Amiga related things can be found by searching on --> http://aminet.net
http://aminet.net/util/misc/TinyLauncher.lha

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:59 pm

how do you get lha files to loading in Minimig as it only supports hdf files i though? (ive been using adf files )

Lightwave
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Lightwave » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 pm

BlockABoots wrote:how do you get lha files to loading in Minimig as it only supports hdf files i though? (ive been using adf files )

LHA is an archive format like ZIP. You need to extract the contents first.

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BBond007 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 am

BlockABoots wrote:how do you get lha files to loading in Minimig as it only supports hdf files i though? (ive been using adf files )

I suggest you install Classic WB distro which comes with lha installed, otherwise if you want to do your own thing here is a self-extracting one (again from Aminet). For TinyLauncher I suggest ClassicWB ADVSP as it contains NewIcons which fixes a problem with Tinylauncher reading the Icon ToolTypes incorrectly.

http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/lha
http://classicwb.abime.net/

As far as getting it on Minimig, there you can use any number of methods:

- Write it to a HDF File using UAE
- Write it to a ADF using UAE
- Send it over Uartmode : Console with a terminal (like Ncomm / Term) & Zmodem using the "sz" --> "/media/fat/sz /media/fat/lha.run"
- Use Uartmode : PPP and download directly it using Aweb (which works great for Aminet)
- Use Uartmode : PPP and FTP it from the Linux File-system or other FTP server.
- Mount a ADF in the linux file system and WinSCP it there --> "mount -o loop -t affs /media/fat/AMIGA/EMPTY.ADF /mnt/"
***remember to unmount when finished --> "umount /dev/mnt"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm

BBond007 wrote:

I suggest you install Classic WB distro which comes with lha installed, otherwise if you want to do your own thing here is a self-extracting one (again from Aminet). For TinyLauncher I suggest ClassicWB ADVSP as it contains NewIcons which fixes a problem with Tinylauncher reading the Icon ToolTypes incorrectly.

http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/lha
http://classicwb.abime.net/

As far as getting it on Minimig, there you can use any number of methods:

- Write it to a HDF File using UAE
- Write it to a ADF using UAE
- Send it over Uartmode : Console with a terminal (like Ncomm / Term) & Zmodem using the "sz" --> "/media/fat/sz /media/fat/lha.run"
- Use Uartmode : PPP and download directly it using Aweb (which works great for Aminet)
- Use Uartmode : PPP and FTP it from the Linux File-system or other FTP server.
- Mount a ADF in the linux file system and WinSCP it there --> "mount -o loop -t affs /media/fat/AMIGA/EMPTY.ADF /mnt/"
***remember to unmount when finished --> "umount /dev/mnt"

Ok have tried to install Classic Workbench ADVSP but its asking for a system.zip file to be on DH0, i have a system.hdf file but not zip, would renaming the system.hdf to system.zip work?

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 am

DanyPPC wrote:TinyLauncher doesn't require particular installation procedure. Just copy the exe program and its icon where do you prefer, for example in a dir called TinyLauncher in Workbench.
When you launch Tinylauncher you have to setup the sysconfig tab and setting the main dir for whdload games (ex. DH1:Games), demos and/or music modules.
Then press F1 to update the list of games available and after some minutes you can back to games tab and see all your games listed.

How do you get Tinylauncher to auto launcher on start up?

BBond007
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby BBond007 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:45 am

BlockABoots wrote:How do you get Tinylauncher to auto launcher on start up?

I already answered this --> viewtopic.php?f=117&t=32761&start=250#p361132

BBond007 wrote:You could use TinyLauncher or similar application. It can be made to launch automatically by adding it to the end of s:startup-sequence. Or you might be able to simply drop it in 'wbstartup' drawer.

http://ohmygibs.free.fr/ohmygibs/TinyLauncher.html

Hope that helps...

thelatestmodel
Atariator
Atariator

Postby thelatestmodel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:19 am

Is it just me or can anyone else not load ADFs with the latest MiSTer core (MiSTer_20190108)?

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 pm

BBond007 wrote:
BlockABoots wrote:How do you get Tinylauncher to auto launcher on start up?

I already answered this --> viewtopic.php?f=117&t=32761&start=250#p361132

BBond007 wrote:You could use TinyLauncher or similar application. It can be made to launch automatically by adding it to the end of s:startup-sequence. Or you might be able to simply drop it in 'wbstartup' drawer.

http://ohmygibs.free.fr/ohmygibs/TinyLauncher.html

Hope that helps...

Ah yes thank you.

Got it to work by putting, 'dh0:tinylauncher.exe' at the end of the startup script :cheers:

BlockABoots

Postby BlockABoots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Is there anyway to make the screen size larger with this core?.

I know you can increase the height and width of the screen in the Mister main options for the core but you dont seem to be able to move the screen down on the Y access in order to make it fit the height of your display?

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:06 pm

thelatestmodel wrote:Is it just me or can anyone else not load ADFs with the latest MiSTer core (MiSTer_20190108)?

I have the same issue. If you really need, firmware 20181231 and older still works for ADFs

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:16 pm

PsyFX wrote:
thelatestmodel wrote:Is it just me or can anyone else not load ADFs with the latest MiSTer core (MiSTer_20190108)?

I have the same issue. If you really need, firmware 20181231 and older still works for ADFs

I will check it. It wasn't clear to me what "MiSTer core" is. MiSTer is not a core. It's Linux executable binary.

thelatestmodel
Atariator
Atariator

Postby thelatestmodel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
PsyFX wrote:

I will check it. It wasn't clear to me what "MiSTer core" is. MiSTer is not a core. It's Linux executable binary.

Noted, my mistake. But yeah it seems to be an issue with the latest MiSTer executable. I've gone back to the previous one for now, no worries. Thanks guys :)

Sorgelig
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby Sorgelig » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I've re-checked the Minimig and didn't find any problem neither with HDD nor FDD mounting.
What i have to do to reproduce such problem?

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Sorgelig wrote:I've re-checked the Minimig and didn't find any problem neither with HDD nor FDD mounting.

I updated back to the latest firmware and cores using the updater script. Not able to load ADFs as before. I've tried many "minimig" setting combinations with no change. ADFs can be in a specific directory or SD card Root, mounting a ADF or resetting the core results in in a brief blank then Insert Disk request screen being displayed. The install is fairly new. Attaching my mister.ini and files related to minimig. I don't know if that will help, as I also deleted them and let new ones be created, no change in ADF loading. I will have a try a different sd card & new install later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm

PsyFX wrote:
Sorgelig wrote:I've re-checked the Minimig and didn't find any problem neither with HDD nor FDD mounting.

I updated back to the latest firmware and cores using the updater script. Not able to load ADFs as before. I've tried many "minimig" setting combinations with no change. ADFs can be in a specific directory or SD card Root, mounting a ADF or resetting the core results in in a brief blank then Insert Disk request screen being displayed. The install is fairly new. Attaching my mister.ini and files related to minimig. I don't know if that will help, as I also deleted them and let new ones be created, no change in ADF loading. I will have a try a different sd card & new install later.

Ok I just tested using a fresh install, using only the most basic files required (did not use the updater) in the SD card root directory.
MiSTer_20181231 - Minimig loads ADFs
MiSTer_20190108 - Can't Load ADFs

So looking at the previously attached files is probably a waste of time, as they don't effect the outcome.
Since only myself and thelatestmodel so far have this problem is a perhaps a hardware issue, otg usb hub brand etc?

NegSol
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby NegSol » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Mabe try vscale_mode=1 in the Mister.ini

I had issues with other cores displaying black image that where switched to the new scaler.

However, Adf loading still works for me :)

Tripmonkeyuk
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Tripmonkeyuk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Ok I just tested using a fresh install, using only the most basic files required (did not use the updater) in the SD card root directory.
MiSTer_20181231 - Minimig loads ADFs
MiSTer_20190108 - Can't Load ADFs

So looking at the previously attached files is probably a waste of time, as they don't effect the outcome.
Since only myself and thelatestmodel so far have this problem is a perhaps a hardware issue, otg usb hub brand etc?

Just to let you know that I have the exact same problem.
I've moved the roms from my rom folder into a root based Amiga folder, hoping it would help, but no go.

PsyFX
Atari nerd
Atari nerd

Postby PsyFX » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 pm

NegSol wrote:Mabe try vscale_mode=1 in the Mister.ini

I had issues with other cores displaying black image that where switched to the new scaler.

However, Adf loading still works for me :)

I don't think its related, but I tried that setting. Sadly no change =(
I've had been using vscale_mode=0, and I ran without an .ini (using mister defaults?) as well

Hewhoisred
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Hewhoisred » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 am

I'm having some trouble with some titles when I use Minimig. Many games are affected. I used the phone to capture a sample some footage of the graphical garbage that I'm experiencing. These are WHD games using Smokemonster's/Kitrixes VHDs.

The problem is immediately obvious in Banshee in the first vid:
https://youtu.be/UTObFCeF9ig

Second vid is Chaos Engine, first part of vid is regular WHD Chaos Engine, then at about 1:45 in the vid on Chaos Engine CD32 you can see more of the graphics issue:
https://youtu.be/WhOy6TZtU2o

The problem appears on different TVs. I have tried changing settings in the OSD, cpu, memory, etc without success.

Anyone have any insight on this?

DrOG
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby DrOG » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Does your MiSTer have a heatsink & fan?

Hewhoisred
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby Hewhoisred » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Does your MiSTer have a heatsink & fan?

Fan+Heatsink, yes.

I did a little more testing last night: Minimig_20180304.rbf and Minimig_20181208.rbf do not present the issue, so it appears to be a core related problem.

Return to “MiSTer”