Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, spiny, Greenious, Moderator Team

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 am

This core has been started as a port of CoreAmstrad by Renaud Hélias but every module has been either rewritten or replaced so, now it can be treated as a completely new and separate core.

Features
  • Precise CPU timings including proper contention model.
  • Precise CRTC model supporting many tricks of Types 1 and 0.
  • Disk write support.
  • Close to real disk drive emulation with support of some protections.
  • Selectable CPC 6128/664 mode with separate ROM sets.
  • Multiface 2.
  • Several monochrome modes and 2 types of palette (GA/ASIC).
  • Joystick support
  • Kempston, SYMBiFACE II and Multiplay mice.
  • HQ2x and Scanlines FX for scandoubler.

Read the ReadMe.md for more info.

https://github.com/sorgelig/Amstrad_MiST

User avatar
DrOG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DrOG » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:23 am

:cheers: WOW!!! Thank You!!! :cheers:

schombi
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby schombi » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:09 am

Cool, need to try out. Thank you!

DanyPPC
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DanyPPC » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:34 am

Many thanks Sorgelig :cheers:

Now it's time to play :wink:

DanyPPC
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DanyPPC » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:03 am

Very Great Work !

Vanity - Onescreen colonies and Batman Forever run perfect !
All in 50Hz synchronized screen.

I played the games with keyboard.
May you add support for USB gamepad ?


Congratulations Sorgelig for this great Amstrad Core !!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

RobeInie
Atariator
Atariator
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby RobeInie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:28 am

Thanks !!

I will try today :)
The Renaud core will be continued ? Or is this core is the sustitute ?

Will be tape support ?

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:35 am

DanyPPC wrote:May you add support for USB gamepad ?

It depends on MCU firmware, not core. MiSTer supports most USB devices.

RobeInie wrote:The Renaud core will be continued ? Or is this core is the sustitute ?

it think he will continue his core.
This is independent core and unrelated to Renaud plans.

goran
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby goran » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:44 am

Great core Sorgelig! Thanks!

I noticed music glitches in "Phortem" when loading parts, one horizontal line glitch on first screen of plasmanoid in "onescreen colonies", "Face hugger" crashed after couple of parts, vertical scroller over horizontal scrollers in "from scratch" is barely visible and flicking.

What is the difference between Color(GA) and Color(ASIC) modes?

:cheers:
Goran

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 pm

goran wrote:one horizontal line glitch on first screen of plasmanoid in "onescreen colonies"

this glitch is visible even in emulators. May be it's original bug in effect.
Last edited by Sorgelig on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 pm

goran wrote:What is the difference between Color(GA) and Color(ASIC) modes?

just different palettes

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Face Hugger doesn't crash for me, but the part with checkered field displayed incorrectly.

DanyPPC
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DanyPPC » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Sorgelig wrote:
DanyPPC wrote:May you add support for USB gamepad ?

It depends on MCU firmware, not core. MiSTer supports most USB devices.


The core gives priority to DB9 ports, even if no joystick is connected.
USB Gamepad acts only as a second Joystick port, or i wrong ?

Someone can confirm ?
Thanks

arty
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby arty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Image
…………ıllıllı just a friend ıllıllı…………

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:33 am

DanyPPC wrote:The core gives priority to DB9 ports, even if no joystick is connected.
USB Gamepad acts only as a second Joystick port, or i wrong ?

This again fully depends on MCU firmware. Core only receives the signals from joystick and doesn't know if it comes from DB9 or USB.

SchneiderCPC664
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 am
Location: Germany

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby SchneiderCPC664 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 am

I get a „ No Signal“ message. :(

Are the files (in the root directory) from the „old“ CPC core not compatible? I don‘t understand: „place RBF and amstrad.rom into root of SD card“ and „Boot ROM has following structure: OS6128 + BASIC1.1 + AMSDOS + MF2 + OS664 + BASIC664 + AMSDOS + MF2“

Can you help me please?

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:10 am

SchneiderCPC664 wrote:Are the files (in the root directory) from the „old“ CPC core not compatible? I don‘t understand: „place RBF and amstrad.rom into root of SD card“ and „Boot ROM has following structure: OS6128 + BASIC1.1 + AMSDOS + MF2 + OS664 + BASIC664 + AMSDOS + MF2“

i don't know what can be easier than just put two mentioned files into root of SD card.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:14 am

goran wrote:I noticed music glitches in "Phortem" when loading parts, one horizontal line glitch on first screen of plasmanoid in "onescreen colonies", "Face hugger" crashed after couple of parts, vertical scroller over horizontal scrollers in "from scratch" is barely visible and flicking.

Phortem - fixed
Face hugger - fixed
from scratch - i couldn't understand what trick of CRTC has been used there. If someone can tell me, then i will try to fix it.

SchneiderCPC664
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:54 am
Location: Germany

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby SchneiderCPC664 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:23 am

Sorgelig wrote:
SchneiderCPC664 wrote:Are the files (in the root directory) from the „old“ CPC core not compatible? I don‘t understand: „place RBF and amstrad.rom into root of SD card“ and „Boot ROM has following structure: OS6128 + BASIC1.1 + AMSDOS + MF2 + OS664 + BASIC664 + AMSDOS + MF2“

i don't know what can be easier than just put two mentioned files into root of SD card.


:oops:
I haven‘t seen the file amstrad.rom in your repository.

I‘m getting old... :lol:

arty
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby arty » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:49 am

SchneiderCPC664 wrote:
Sorgelig wrote:
SchneiderCPC664 wrote:Are the files (in the root directory) from the „old“ CPC core not compatible? I don‘t understand: „place RBF and amstrad.rom into root of SD card“ and „Boot ROM has following structure: OS6128 + BASIC1.1 + AMSDOS + MF2 + OS664 + BASIC664 + AMSDOS + MF2“

i don't know what can be easier than just put two mentioned files into root of SD card.


:oops:
I haven‘t seen the file amstrad.rom in your repository.

I‘m getting old... :lol:

We are every year with the same lucky symptom :lol:

This way looks legit for *.rom : https://github.com/sorgelig/Amstrad_MiS ... r/releases
…………ıllıllı just a friend ıllıllı…………

DanyPPC
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DanyPPC » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Sorgelig wrote:This again fully depends on MCU firmware. Core only receives the signals from joystick and doesn't know if it comes from DB9 or USB.


Is there any change I can make to the Mist.ini file ?
Thanks.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:45 pm

DanyPPC wrote:Is there any change I can make to the Mist.ini file ?

I'm not familiar with this part of MiST. I always use joystick emulation with keyboard on MiST.

Sorgelig
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 3090
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am
Location: Russia/Taiwan

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby Sorgelig » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:52 am

Release 20180806:
- CRTC: fixes and improvements.
- GA: improved half-shift support.
- FDC: fixes and fast mode.

arty
Atari User
Atari User
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby arty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:11 am

Sorgelig wrote:Release 20180806:
- CRTC: fixes and improvements.
- GA: improved half-shift support.
- FDC: fixes and fast mode.


Great. Thank you!
…………ıllıllı just a friend ıllıllı…………

DanyPPC
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 am

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DanyPPC » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks Sorgelig !

User avatar
DrOG
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:23 pm
Location: Gyula, Hungary

Re: Amstrad CPC 6128/664 (NEW)

Postby DrOG » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm

:cheers: THX AGAIN! :cheers:


Return to “MiST”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests