Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Hardware, coding, music, graphic and various applications

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

User avatar
piku
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:17 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Contact:

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby piku » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Ah that looks good. What are you doing for mass storage? I am still using an HDD on the TT as I don't have a good solution to put in an IDE 2.5 drive or CF card. I have two of those SCSI to IDE adapters but I never did get them to work

OH Sorry I see you answered. External drive is a good idea.. I have two of them doing nothing. Much smarter idea than trying to build an ugly case for the video card.
piku http://www.atari-source.org http://rpmint.com/
CT60 Falcon - Dead Firebee - Some others ;)

User avatar
krupkaj
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:00 pm
Location: Olomouc/Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby krupkaj » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Exactly, it is better to have external drive than fight with the external graphics card :)

The SD2SCSI works nice. But I have got Storm + Thunder and I am just going to replace the big TT RAM board with this combo.

User avatar
leech
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby leech » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 pm

krupkaj wrote:Here is my solution.

20180204_111202s.jpg
20180204_111500s.jpg

At the moment I use external SCSI disk and insternal SD2SCSI for the storage. The SD2SCSI still fits to the top of harddisk cover, not in in the picture.


Nice job!
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

User avatar
edingacic
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:16 pm
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby edingacic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:43 pm

@piotrk have you tested your setup with the Cubase Score Red Dongle? Hope the news is possitive and all works :)

User avatar
frank.lukas
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru
Posts: 1752
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:33 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby frank.lukas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm

All Nova VME Adapter are now customized for the Lightning VME USB Interface. The Nova has the new OGFA GAL for all Graphiccards ATI MACH32 or MACH64 and the TSENG ET400AX or the TSENG ET4000/W32i. And it has a new Jumper for the ATI MACH64 in a Atari Mega STE. The M64 MSTE Driver is at the moment not ready.
fancy Atari Musik anDA Dance "Agare Hinu Harukana" 1998 ATARI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX10fxb5eYE

User avatar
alienkidmj12
Captain Atari
Captain Atari
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby alienkidmj12 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:02 pm

frank.lukas wrote:All Nova VME Adapter are now customized for the Lightning VME USB Interface. The Nova has the new OGFA GAL for all Graphiccards ATI MACH32 or MACH64 and the TSENG ET400AX or the TSENG ET4000/W32i. And it has a new Jumper for the ATI MACH64 in a Atari Mega STE. The M64 MSTE Driver is at the moment not ready.


Lightening VME USB Interface ? does that mean the card has usb ports on or something ? i have an old nova card, also, are we able to upgrade the gal also ?

thanks

dave

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby czietz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:24 pm

The Lightning VME indeed is a USB addon card for the Atari TT and MegaSTE. It provides USB ports usable for storage devices (e.g. USB flash driver), mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. The Lightning VME card can be used together with a modified Nova -- like the ones Frank is selling now.

In case you got an "old" Nova, you have to make some modifications and to update the GAL:
http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... 05_top.JPG
http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... bottom.JPG
http://www.newtosworld.de/downloads/tre ... a/download (OGFA.JED)

User avatar
leech
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby leech » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:26 pm

czietz wrote:The Lightning VME indeed is a USB addon card for the Atari TT and MegaSTE. It provides USB ports usable for storage devices (e.g. USB flash driver), mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. The Lightning VME card can be used together with a modified Nova -- like the ones Frank is selling now.

In case you got an "old" Nova, you have to make some modifications and to update the GAL:
http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... 05_top.JPG
http://wiki.newtosworld.de/index.php?ti ... bottom.JPG
http://www.newtosworld.de/downloads/tre ... a/download (OGFA.JED)


Hmm, what printers work over USB? Actually what I would love is more printer drivers that work over the network, since I've got a Laser Jet on my network. Can't recall if Calamus and Pagestream have their own printer drivers or not.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)

czietz
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru
Posts: 1006
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby czietz » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:31 pm

leech wrote:Hmm, what printers work over USB?


https://github.com/freemint/freemint/bl ... ter/README

But please let's keep this thread on-topic (i.e. about Nova VME). There are threads about the printer driver and the Lightning VME here, as well. Let's continue discussion in the appropriate thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=34827
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33493

User avatar
alexh
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Posts: 2748
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:52 pm
Location: UK - Oxford
Contact:

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby alexh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm

I don't know if anything will come of this but James Boulton aka SainT who recently released his JaguarSD adapter mentioned on Twitter an interest in devloping an FPGA based ISA GFX card. He's been trying to resurrect an Atari PC3. I did reply and remind him about the Nova and TT/MSTe.

User avatar
leech
Atari God
Atari God
Posts: 1233
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Nova VME Bus Adapter Building Files ...

Postby leech » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:26 pm

alexh wrote:I don't know if anything will come of this but James Boulton aka SainT who recently released his JaguarSD adapter mentioned on Twitter an interest in devloping an FPGA based ISA GFX card. He's been trying to resurrect an Atari PC3. I did reply and remind him about the Nova and TT/MSTe.

That would be awesome. I always thought that if we could get FPGA replacement VME cards, it'd be fantastic. Wonder if we could get some sort of modular VME board, then have a standard module for Graphics card upgrades for the ST, that plug into various different daughter boards.

No idea how possible that is.
Atari 8Bits: 800xl, 600xl, XEGS, 800, 130xe, 130xe (VBXE, U1MB, Stereo POKEY)
Atari STs: 1040STf (broken shifter), 1040STe, Mega STe, TT030, Falcon (CT60e, SuperVidel)


Social Media

     

Return to “Professionals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests