To sum up most common issues ATM, so that you guys know that's normal :
(disclaimer : I'm just a spoilt and clueless user
(always using WHDLoad with a clean OS3.x setup and double checking under UAE)
- 020 compatibility is close to perfect but not perfect yet
- AGA compatibility has quite some room for improvement
- Some AGA games are too slow and need the TURBO mode to be set to CHIP or BOTH
- However TURBO mode reduces significantly the compatibility with ECS games (crashes / audio or gfx glitches). The introduction of the AGA mode reduced compatibility overall.
- Quite a few games, I don't know if that's due to the 020 emulation or not, give errors through WHDLOAD like "line 1111 emulator" ; among them : Simulcra, Epic, Clockwiser... I think it didn't occur with older versions (before AGA was implemented OR when 020 processor was not enabled)
- Some people like me cannot boot (GURU / Black screen...) when TURBO=KICK (or BOTH) is disabled
- Some people like me cannot boot (GURU / Black screen...) when the 020 processor or AGA are not selected
-> it kinds of forces me to always use an AGA/020/Turbo=Kick configuration, which prevents from using some ECS games
I really don't complain, I'm really happy with what has been achieved so far !
Important stuff was fixed recently, I'm really optimistic.