Experiment S survey

Troubles with your machine? Just want to speak about the latest improvements? This is the place!

Moderators: Mug UK, Zorro 2, Greenious, spiny, Moderator Team

CopperCAT
Atari freak
Atari freak

Experiment S survey

Postby CopperCAT » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm

On http://www.experiment-s.de/en there is a survey about the future of Suska3 :)

It seems like the board will be priced around 270-390 euro, depending on how much expansion and compatibility is wanted. I'd like to hear what the interest for an fpga-atari is here :D

Personally, i'm very interested, maybe it could grow into something like the natami project for amiga...

bullis1
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: Experiment S survey

Postby bullis1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:39 pm

I wanted to take their survey but I was unable to answer the first question. They don't give enough responses because I didn't agree with any of them. I also looked at the other questions and found some cases where I didn't agree with any response.

Oh well, I probably wouldn't buy one anyway so I guess I'm not their desired viewer.
Member of the Atari Legend team

Marakatti
Atari God
Atari God

Postby Marakatti » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 pm

Not that hard to answer. Hopefully they produce a machine that is 100% compatible and can run software and emulator files from modern media
-------------< Member of Atarimania >-----------
-< ST / STe / Falcon030 / TT030 archiver >-
-------------> www.atarimania.com <-------------

jd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jd » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:16 am

For that price I would definitely buy one as long as there remains 100% compatibilty, and option to tweak the system such as faster CPU, screen res (card emulation) and ability to use SD cards and/or IDE/SCSI/ACSI interfaces.

Housed in a small case situated next to my Wii which will run all my ST games (all on 1 SD card) on my nice new plasma...........!! :) :D

ppera

Postby ppera » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:57 pm

jd wrote:For that price I would definitely buy one as long as there remains 100% compatibilty,..

It will be hardly 100% compatible. 99% will be very good result... :D

jd
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby jd » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:13 pm

ok but i was dreaming a bit.......

lp
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby lp » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:18 am

I took the survey, but I said in the comment section I won't buy anything that requires emutos. To me this is a compatibility issue in itself. If they can use real TOS roms that ups the compatibility in my mind. So for me it's a real TOS option or not interested.

Social Media

Return to “Hardware”