startupa.hfe etc.

Everything related to using the HxC Floppy Emulator hardware on your Atari.

Moderators: DrCoolZic, mr.vince, Moderator Team

johncarteronmars
Atari freak
Atari freak

startupa.hfe etc.

Postby johncarteronmars » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Could someone please tell me how to have a specific HFE file
run everytime I turn the device on, I had believed that was possible
but as of right now I have to very quickly select the HFE file and then very quickly
press my alt key ( the file has a auto folder inside that I want to run eveytime
I turn on device) this works but I have selected the checkbox in hxc cfg setup
that says load last floppy , it never does it always tries to load another file

Also there is a new selection on the current software that says
FORCE LOADING STARTUPA(B).HFE
I know what it says but when i tried that there was no difference
and I cannot find anything on it on the net except mention of it in the release notes

AM i supposed to rename my disk I want to run first to STARTUPA.HFE, I tried that and
that didn't work either

Ignorance is Bliss here,
as always it is probably some dinky little checkmark somewhere

Thanks in advance for any assistance

TKS
CUL
AZ :D

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Re: startupa.hfe etc.

Postby wongck » Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 pm

On my HxC SD version, it always starts up the previously loaded floppy.
( it's my system disk and has AUTO only)
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

johncarteronmars
Atari freak
Atari freak

Postby johncarteronmars » Wed May 02, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks for the post,

Well the pinnacle of stupidity. I told you it was something stupid' , It seems that somewhere along the way I forgot to eject
Tearadesk.HFE from the A Drive.
I have since ejected several disks from the A Drive but never that one, once I did eveything has gone back to normal. Strange
but who cares as long as I got up and running again. I would have thought that loading another disk into the A Drive would clear any previous but I assume it doesn't, I really like this set up with the Satan Disk along
with the HxC.

SELTOS_MSA.HFE is loaded into the A Drive slot. It has the AUTO folder.

I turn on my Monitor (see below). Turn on Satan Disk with one of my prepared Hard Drive setups This to me is the best part , I can have as many different Hard Drive setups as I desire just get another SD card. Couple that with having Archived all my Disks with HxC and it is great.

Turn on the HxC that has SELTOS_MSA.HFE ready in the slot, I make sure of this now everytime before I shut down. Although if I forget I now know how to work around it now.

Hear the beep and press the ALT key just as it should be. Then she starts loading up SELTOS. I select TOS2.06 and we go
through the motions. I have several HD prepared , one for programming, one for DTP, one for Dynacadd, Cyber, Degas, graphics etc. , and one mainly an ARCHIVE for all my lyrics , songs, reading material and library of Utilities. Still can't use Notator on anything but my Mega Ste though, it likes to be alone on a machine anyway.

The only complaint I have has nothing to do with SD or HxC, but I will rectify the sloppy fabrication by ATARI , they put soldered
in 34 pin connectors on the MBs of the MegaST4 and the 520STFM, I have two with shrouds in my PC parts kit and will be replacing both of them as fast as I can, I really don't think that a 4" Floppy cable MAKES IT.ATARI did save about 2 cents per unit didn't they. Until they get here I am using a floppy ribbon extension, I often wondered why I bought it but now I have a use for it.
:D
By the way SELTOS with TOS 2.06 really makes life easier all around I use it on all my machines except the MEGA STE, NOTATOR has been running fine on that with 2.05 for twenty years. I have heard people say 2.05 is Buggy but I have never had a problem with it, It has been the most reliable Atari I have. If you have the memory to use SELTOS-2.06-SatanDisk-HcX sure seem to make a reasonable option over another machine.

I still have not figured out the problem with STARTUPA.HFE but with someones help I will. Still can't find any info on it.

wongck
Ultimate Atarian
Ultimate Atarian

Postby wongck » Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

OT.
You can make a super big floppy like 4MB floppy that the ST can read.
So your boot disk can add lots of programs :D
My Stuff: FB/Falcon CT63+CTPCI_ATI_RTL8139 14+512MB 30GB HDD CF HxC_SD/ TT030 68882 4+32MB 520MB Nova/ 520STFM 4MB Tos206 SCSI
Shared SCSI Bus:ScsiLink ethernet, 9GB HDD,SD-reader @ http://phsw.atari.org
My Atari stuff for sale - click here for list

Social Media

Return to “HxC Floppy Emulator”