HxC Floppy emulator on Ebay - Be warned

Everything related to using the HxC Floppy Emulator hardware on your Atari.

Moderators: DrCoolZic, mr.vince, Moderator Team

HxC Floppy emulator on Ebay - Be warned

Postby catmando » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Just been in contact with a seller on ebay about a HxC floppy emulator he is selling. The price he is asking and the terms of sale (ie. untested, no refund stance) prompted me to ask him some questions. Here's the response I got (in reverse order):

Dear one_amp,

go buy a new one seems if i sell to you i going to get hassle so leave off the bid regards mark

- impossiblebubble
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

To: impossiblebubble
Subject: Re: Details about the item: one_amp sent a message about HxC Floppy emulator for Amiga/Atari ST/ ZX+3/CPC/PC #400223909485
Sent Date: 21-Jun-11 12:37:50 BST

Dear impossiblebubble,

I actually already have the USB version of this board, so i do know what it does and how to fit it correctly. The price you are asking is fair, but the terms of sale are not. If we can come to an agreement then I would be happy to bid. Thanks

- one_amp

To: one_amp
Subject: Re: Details about the item: one_amp sent a message about HxC Floppy emulator for Amiga/Atari ST/ ZX+3/CPC/PC #400223909485
Sent Date: 21-Jun-11 12:32:11 BST

Dear one_amp,

buy new one i had no chance to test i not having people who havent got a clue buying it then saying it broken. its been in box day one never tryed it totally up to yu regards mark and price starting is fair :)

- impossiblebubble

To: impossiblebubble
Subject: Details about the item: one_amp sent a message about HxC Floppy emulator for Amiga/Atari ST/ ZX+3/CPC/PC #400223909485
Sent Date: 21-Jun-11 12:30:04 BST

Dear impossiblebubble,

Hi I am interested in buying this item but I'm quite concerned about the no return policy in your auction. Considering these only cost £60 brand new it seems a bit of a gamble to ask £40 for something that potentially doesn't work. If you remove the stipulation about no returns should the item not work then I might be interested in putting a bid in. Thanks

- one_amp
Atari STE Tos1.62 4mb
Atari STE Tos1.62/Tos2.06 4mb
Atari STFM
Android Devices (Running Hataroid and SToid)
catmando
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: HxC Floppy emulator on Ebay - Be warned

Postby Mug UK » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 am

Moderator note:

This post was reported by someone stating that it should have remained private. However, after a lengthy discussion between moderators, some who were for this message, and some who were against, it's been decided that the message should remain as it is.

This is not, however, to be seen as the moderators 'taking sides' in this post-review of a discussion between a member on here and an eBay seller. That is what eBay / PayPal are for *should* this purchase have gone through.

We all, not just the moderators, like to make our fellow Atarians aware of the bargains (and not so bargains) that crop up on eBay from time to time. This is being classed as such a post.

This thread will therefore be locked and if you (as in anyone on this board, not just the original poster or the member who posted the moderator report) have any complaints about the way this has been handled, please approach a moderator/administrator via a PM.
Having sold 99.9% of my 1300+ collection of originals, I'm taking a bit of a back seat on the forum. I'll still do the front-of-house admin tasks as and when they're required but, for now, I'm enjoying my Xbox 360 time too much :)

Mug UK
Administrator
Administrator

Return to HxC Floppy Emulator