CT60e installation guide?

Discuss CT60/CT63, CTPCI, SuperVidel and EtherNAT hardware here.

Moderators: Mug UK, [ProToS], lp, moondog/.tSCc., Moderator Team

oraclejedi
Atarian
Atarian

CT60e installation guide?

Postby oraclejedi » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Does anyone have a good guide for installing the CT60e?

Maybe I am overthinking this, but there are a few things I am unclear on.

Is it just a case of remove the Falcon's stock PSU, insert the CT60e and find a ATX style PSU to power it?

I have seen people talk of a 030/060 switch. Do I need one? Where does it go? I see a header on the CT60e with PWR_SW, CT60, IDE, RST, PWR_LED and JTAG. Does the PWR_SW need to be held closed to power the unit after installation or is it a momentary switch? The CT60 pins do what?

The CT60's I see all have CPU cooling fans on them, where do you plug the cooling fan in? Just tap it from the ATX's power support with a pass-thru?

The CT60e has marking for a power connector for the hard disk, but there is no actual component there. So I should drag another peripheral power line from the ATX PSU to power the disk drive?

The original Czubatech web pages are gone and yeah, I don't want to go do something dumb here.

Appreciate any guidance!

Graham

fidzen
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: CT60e installation guide?

Postby fidzen » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Atari Falcon, 14Mb RAM, CT60e, Supervidel, Svetlana, 512Mb RAM, 8Gb CF.
Atari Falcon, 14Mb RAM, CT63, 256Mb RAM,4Gb CF.
Firebee Series 2, 16Gb CF, 2Gb SD, MEGA ST Keyboard and Atari Mice.
Atari Stacy 2 with 4Mb RAM and 20Mb HD.
Atari Lynx II with new LCD and VGA output.
Atari 2600 4-switch Woody

mikro
Hardware Guru
Hardware Guru

Postby mikro » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Or here: https://mikrosk.github.io/ct60tos/ (fixed links and some other things)

Ektus
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Ektus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:36 am

oraclejedi wrote:Is it just a case of remove the Falcon's stock PSU, insert the CT60e and find a ATX style PSU to power it?

Yes.

oraclejedi wrote:I have seen people talk of a 030/060 switch. Do I need one? Where does it go? I see a header on the CT60e with PWR_SW, CT60, IDE, RST, PWR_LED and JTAG. Does the PWR_SW need to be held closed to power the unit after installation or is it a momentary switch? The CT60 pins do what?

The "PWR_SW" header accepts a momentary switch like with all ATX power supplies.

The "IDE" header is meant to connect a LED that shows HDD activity.

The 030/060 switch connects to the pins marked "CT60". It decides if the CT6[0|3|0e] is active or the Falcon runs in 030 mode (needed for some special tasks, e.g. programming the Xilinx from within). This is a permanent switch or just a jumper.

oraclejedi wrote:The CT60's I see all have CPU cooling fans on them, where do you plug the cooling fan in? Just tap it from the ATX's power support with a pass-thru?

On the CT6x, IIRC the cooling fan is supplied from the CT6x. Don't know about the "e" variant, but would assume the same.

oraclejedi wrote:The CT60e has marking for a power connector for the hard disk, but there is no actual component there. So I should drag another peripheral power line from the ATX PSU to power the disk drive?

Yes.

Regards
Ektus.
Schneider CPC464 (long retired), Atari Mega ST4 (retired), Falcon+CT2A, Falcon+CT63+CTPCI+Radeon 9250, Milan040+SCSI+Rage

oraclejedi
Atarian
Atarian

Postby oraclejedi » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks guys! This really helped alot.

Social Media

Return to “CT60 / CT63 Area”