Problem with Hades - no picture

All things related to the Hades and Milan clones

Moderators: Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], lp, Moderator Team

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Problem with Hades - no picture

Postby Kroll » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:53 pm

TheNameOfTheGame wrote:I am not a hardware guru so am not sure what can cause this.

I think we need to get in touch with Markus Fichtenbauer or Fredi Aschwanden to ask about this.

Does anyone have a contact address for either of these men so the question can be posed?

Yes, I have the e-mail address from Medusa website and I am in contact with Fredi, so I will ask him about it.

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:29 am

Idek Tramielski wrote:Please be aware that this driver is untested and based on a couple of guesses. Feedback welcome!

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,
I am very grateful to you for your help and making for me drivers for ATI Mach64 ISA connectors, pre-tested yesesterday the late evening and at night, and I managed to get resolution which were standard in the file STA_VDI.BIB. I noticed what is a normal thing with the card on the ISA will not allow the acquisition of such resolution as PCI with appropriate refreshing, but it can already work especially for Calamus, which I bought the Complete Edition version a few months ago.
I will keep you informed about all details.

Regards
Piotr

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:25 am

Hi all,

I want to return to a problem with my Hades,unfortunately, I had to give back a video card ISA MACH 64 and in return I got older version ATI Mach 32 also on a connector ISA, but when I put it unfortunately is not at all the image on the screen, and I have a question :
Does this card is work on Hades ?

Regards
Kroll

Kroll
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Kroll » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi

I would like to back to problem with PCI in my Hades. I send it to my friend who has Hades and we could test the exchanging of Xilinx chips in both Hades. We exchanged all three chips and plug to my Hades, but unfortunately, it does not cause any changes in Hades still black screen no initiation image.

The second test we did the opposite and here we put my three chips effect of a gain full white screen without stamps Medusa and Hades no memory test and the computer will not start, re-exchanges on good chip causes of hades works again.

Conclusion is such that this is not my chip suffers severely, but this is not the only problem because placing a good chip PCIMAIN in my hades does not have any effect (still a black screen)

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong and where it can be a problem?
Unfortunately, it is very worried, because ISA cards do not have this to be able at all to Hades work. The one that I had for several months ISA MACH64 had to give back.

I am grateful for any help in saving my Hades

Best Regards
Piotr/Kroll

Social Media

Return to “Hades / Milan”