KryoFlux USB - Software update to v2.40

Post all your Kryoflux related topics in here. From questions about the hardware through to disks you've managed to image up and, probably most importantly, write back without any problems :)

Moderators: DrCoolZic, mr.vince, Moderator Team

mr.vince
Obsessive compulsive Atari behavior

KryoFlux USB - Software update to v2.40

Postby mr.vince » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi! We have a major software update (Windows first again), which among many new features, brings even faster and more precise conversion to CT raw. Give it a try - and play your dumps instantly in STEem, Hatari and others.

See our changelog for more information: http://forum.kryoflux.com/viewtopic.php?p=7225#p7225

Download as usual: http://www.kryoflux.com/#download

If you don't have KryoFlux USB, get one or get KryoFlux FREE (ok, that's for Amiga... but the war is over, right?): viewtopic.php?f=95&t=26290

Then all you need is the new IPF decoder library... viewtopic.php?f=95&t=26291

Enjoy!

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Re: KryoFlux USB - Software update to v2.40

Postby Brume » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:21 am

I'm testing it atm, it looks fine 8)

I see you've also released a 64 bits version, but the Java GUI still loads the 32 bits DTC.exe.
How does it work? Do we just need replace the main 32 bits DTC.exe in the main directory?

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Brume wrote:I'm testing it atm, it looks fine 8)

I see you've also released a 64 bits version, but the Java GUI still loads the 32 bits DTC.exe.
How does it work? Do we just need replace the main 32 bits DTC.exe in the main directory?

Everything needs to be put together in the same directory and it works.
So in one location place the UI + DTC 64 bits + Caps DLL 64 bits + firmware ...

DrCoolZic
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby DrCoolZic » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 pm

Note that the first time the program is used a command windows is open and a script is executed.
A term of use is also presented before first execution. Normally this windows does not open on subsequent execution.
However if you switch between 32 bits and 64 bits this confirmation is asked again and again :(

IFW
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby IFW » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks, I reported the problem to the GUI author.

IFW
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby IFW » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 am

...but I think this can't be resolved easily, as the 32 and 64 bit applications are different executables.

Why would you switch between the two?
If you have a 64 bit system, use the 64 bit version, it's genuine 64 bit code and MUCH faster.

Brume
Red eyes
Red eyes

Postby Brume » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

DrCoolZic wrote:Everything needs to be put together in the same directory and it works.
So in one location place the UI + DTC 64 bits + Caps DLL 64 bits + firmware ...

Thanks for the info DrCoolZik ;)

mr.vince wrote:Hi! We have a major software update (Windows first again), which among many new features, brings even faster and more precise conversion to CT raw. Give it a try - and play your dumps instantly in STEem, Hatari and others.

I suppose the format of CT Raw Archives hasn't changed. So it means we don't have to redo all the archives we've already created by the past, is that OK?
Also when you say we can play the dumps with Steem or Hatari: you mean it's a "WIP" feature? I've tried with latest beta of Steem yesterday night, and it doesn't recognize my dumps...

IFW
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby IFW » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Yes, that's the cool thing about CT Raw it has not changed since 2001 :)
No reason to redump anything - unless of course if the existing image is bad.

For new dumps I'd recommend using KryoFlux stream files, as they can be used for even more detailed analysis - and you can still convert them to the more compact CT Raw files anyway without using the real disk after you have the files.

I think you need to use the latest version of Steem and use the file extension CTR instead of the original RAW - you should discuss this with Steven.
As for Hatari, there is a version that you can compile and it works fine (being tested at the moment), and I think there will be a binary release as well fairly soon; Nicolas can give you more details on the schedule or access to binary builds if needed.
Last edited by IFW on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiath
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Fiath » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:35 pm

I think the GUI will see the 32 and 64 bit DTC as different versions, and it is designed to pop up on a version change. I guess we could probably improve that, but do you need to switch between the two?

Or maybe I misunderstand what you mean?

mr.vince

Postby mr.vince » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:04 pm

I don't think anyone would ever need to switch. You have a 64bits Windows or you don't. :)

Hippy Dave
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Hippy Dave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 pm

KryoFlux libraries must be ported to the ARM architecture to be advanced with Hatari and other emulators.
Hopefully, there is an opportunity to have KryoFlux on the next version of Hatari on Android (Hataroid).

Social Media

Return to “Kryoflux”