Steem SSE 3.9.0 has been released on 24 December 2016.
- Gamma correction settings.
Steem SSE also includes controls for gamma correction, one slider per RGB
Comparing with a CRT display, I couldn't confirm that Steem needs gamma
correction, but it's always a handy setting.
Option 'Brightness/Control' has been renamed 'Colour Control'.
- Support for the sound playing cartridges MV16 (B.A.T I, B.A.T II, Music
Master) and Replay 16 (Microdeal). Fake STC dumps of these are included in
- New cartridge options 'Switch off' and 'Freeze' (Multiface, Ultimate
- Support for some special adapters ('Ports' option page):
Dongles for B.A.T II, Leader Board, 10th Frame, Cricket Captain, Rugby Coach,
Multi Player Soccer Manager, Music Master.
'Freeze' switches for Ultimate Ripper Cartridge, Multiface ST.
Pro Sound Designer, playback only (Wings of Death, Lethal Xcess).
- Disk manager: new option to show/hide extension.
- Disk manager: new right click option to convert a DIM, MSA or ST image
- Fast drive mode for HFE and STW disk images if 'Accurate Disk Access Times'
option isn't checked.
- New patches for:
Alcatraz, Archipelagos, Fish!, Flood, Gauntlet III, The Guild of Theives,
Jinxter, Rainbow Warrior, Substation, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.
No guarantee as usual. If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
- Cycle precision system ("events") for all ACIA I/O (6301, MIDI) when
option C1 is checked (it doesn't mean the emulation is 100% accurate).
- Some refactoring and source code simplification.
- Remove HD/TOS warning (a 'bad idea' fix).
- No warning for STF/T206, they're compatible.
- Reorganisation of option names in steem.ini (example, there were "Options"
and "Option" sections).
Because of that, first startup may be confusing, but it had to be done
- If, unlikely as it is, Steem crashes, it will report the exception number
and position in a message box, and then close cleanly if possible.
- Auto select TOS on load snapshot: try to match country.
- Clicks on some DMA sounds (Talk Talk 2).
- Reading Joypads when the program doesn't respect conventions (Substation).
- WD1772: delay on SEEK when DR=TR (Suretrip II STW).
- ACIA transmission on accelerated ST (option C1 for 6301 and MIDI).
- MC68000: some timing corrections (using Yacht table).
- Drive speed in "accurate" mode (Necrosys, Oh No More Froggies).
- Joystick port 0 with option C1 (TNT).
- Screenshot with normal (small) size (D3D build).
- Win64 build: fix some GUI crashes.
- File handle leak when using ArchiveAccess.dll.
- CAPS some drive sounds missing.
- Some crashes on load snapshot (option C2).
- Crash on change R/W when STW/HFE disk inserted.
- Save as Neo: save correct resolution.
- Resetting in medium resolution could cause shifted planes, low resolution
- Fullscreen crisp rendering: trash when switching resolutions
- DefaultSnapshot in ini file interfering with dropping disk image file on Steem
PLEASE no bug reports here. Reports are expected there, in due form:viewforum.php?f=112