FireBee in NYC

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

Bengy
Atari User
Atari User

FireBee in NYC

Postby Bengy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:12 pm

Just hooked this bad boy up in my NYC office! Great job team on how everything "just works" - especially the ability to just plug in an ethernet cable and be live on the internet. That's a huge improvement over the days of past.

See pic here https://cl.ly/efda6450a64d

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Re: FireBee in NYC

Postby christos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:27 pm

Nice set up

Bengy
Atari User
Atari User

Postby Bengy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:11 pm

christos wrote:Nice set up

Thanks! My new Falcon will go next to it - will send pics when all setup :)

Will be fun to run a tech startup with the help of the fuji...

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:36 am

This is nice!
I just recomend to use Atari keyboard instead of USB one. I know now you have it :)

I hope you will find it useful for any kind of job you need to do. Papyrus is really nice software for the office job :)

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Bengy wrote:
christos wrote:Nice set up

Thanks! My new Falcon will go next to it - will send pics when all setup :)

Will be fun to run a tech startup with the help of the fuji...

Keep us updated on how you'll manage to incorporate it in your workflow :)

vido wrote:This is nice!
I just recomend to use Atari keyboard instead of USB one. I know now you have it :)

I hope you will find it useful for any kind of job you need to do. Papyrus is really nice software for the office job :)

It's unfortunate, but there is no way I would be able to incorporate Atari on anything I do, due to language barrier. Atari doesn't support UTF-8 so there is no way to transfer files etc. :(

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:17 pm

christos wrote:

It's unfortunate, but there is no way I would be able to incorporate Atari on anything I do, due to language barrier. Atari doesn't support UTF-8 so there is no way to transfer files etc. :(

I dont kow what do you mean not to transfer files?
And as I know Papyrus supports UTF-8.

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:55 pm

vido wrote:
christos wrote:

I dont kow what do you mean not to transfer files?
And as I know Papyrus supports UTF-8.

And highwire too, but reading is a whole different thing to writing.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:07 pm

christos wrote:And highwire too, but reading is a whole different thing to writing.

I see. There are some workarrounds to exchange the documents. In some cases you dont even have a software to work on the Atari. But still you in some cases Atari can be usefull. Papyrus for PC exsists and documents made on Atari can be transfered and used on the PC ;)

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:18 pm

vido wrote:
christos wrote:And highwire too, but reading is a whole different thing to writing.

I see. There are some workarrounds to exchange the documents. In some cases you dont even have a software to work on the Atari. But still you in some cases Atari can be usefull. Papyrus for PC exsists and documents made on Atari can be transfered and used on the PC ;)

Actually only one in my case, you save as text, use a converter for the encoding and transfer the txt to fix on the pc. Well, text encodings have become very complicated for my brain.

vido
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby vido » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:48 pm

You can save document in RTF format or an old MS Word format which is supported by Word and Papyrus. Encoding shhuld be ok I guess. For Printing the documents on the PC I was using Papyrus View.

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Unfortunately not in Greek. Atari uses the old dos codepage, cp737 and not something standard, so modern programs can't access the text. They just display various random characters.

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 pm

For greek you need to install UTF-8 TrueType fonts and make it usable via NVDI. For example I had good experiences with "DejaVu" from Linux. Than some programs like Highwire and PapyrusX can use several languages without problems. I tested Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic and Hebrew without issues, already in 2013. See my old posting at home.de : https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... l#msg75405
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:27 pm

Mathias wrote:For greek you need to install UTF-8 TrueType fonts and make it usable via NVDI. For example I had good experiences with "DejaVu" from Linux. Than some programs like Highwire and PapyrusX can use several languages without problems. I tested Arabic, Greek, Cyrillic and Hebrew without issues, already in 2013. See my old posting at home.de : https://forum.atari-home.de/index.php/t ... l#msg75405

Hi Matthias,

I've been able to read greek with various programs not just what you mentioned, but sadly unable to write. I will test what you did though. Thanks for the link.

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:47 am

Bengy wrote:Just hooked this bad boy up in my NYC office! Great job team on how everything "just works" - especially the ability to just plug in an ethernet cable and be live on the internet. That's a huge improvement over the days of past.
See pic here https://cl.ly/efda6450a64d

I think I would get dizzy just sitting in front of that window 8O
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”