ok, first I will make one BIG OFFTOPIC post in Ted Nelson style:
- what we have today is CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. we have internet but it is:
it's cabbage (aka serbian slang for MESS!)"HTML is precisely what we were trying to PREVENT— ever-breaking links, links going outward only, quotes you can't follow to their origins, no version management, no rights management."
by Ted Nelson
There is so much info on net but it is very hard to check what info is correct, to find what is original origin of information... wikipedia is closest to ultimate goal:
- classified everything, bring order to chaos
but it is not enought.
I search for lot of history articles about Atari and all people and companies related to Atari and I have huge database in my mind but I do not have proper tool to be able to share with other.
Ted Nelsons ZIGZAG could be answer, but implementation of his idea is really mess:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEj9vqVvHPc
my idea is to make (btw THIS IS *first, smallest step*) some kind of visualization of Wikipedia data.
something like this:
From this overview you can easily see that e.g. John Mathieson start working in Sinclair, was responsible for Jaguar and now works on Tegra chips.
It would be great if I could see what everything Richard Miller do in few seconds.
BUT usually you will need bunch of time to dig all over internet to collect all information. Even on wikipedia you need to open dozen of pages to "get a picture".
OK, now let me explain in more detail how this visualization should work.
1. it should look like timeline in OS X TimeMachine - every year should be one layer (you will see future or past events in dimm)
2. there are only to kinds of data: subjects (white circles) and verbs (grey circles)
3. every verbs must have time
4. subjects and verbs can have reference, links.. and bunch of different data behind them
5. thats it
btw I think that Google had something similar - visual representation of your search with circle and lines but I can not find any trace of that. It was somewhere in 2004-5.
THANK YOU FOT YOURS PATION