-ST Emulation on Firebee? -

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, moondog/.tSCc., [ProToS], Galvez, Moderator Team

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Re: -ST Emulation on Firebee? -

Postby Dal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Klaz - just got back home from my client and gave it a whirl. It works a treat under FireTOS and Mint. Great work as ever! :D
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Mathias » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Great!

Nevertheless I am wondering, as I had no decompression issues at all, with my Bee and FreeMiNT, ... ?
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:30 pm

The test versions you have tried were not packed.
The "official" one on my website is. I guess I'd better unpack that one for now. :)
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's

jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby jfl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Klapauzius wrote:The test versions you have tried were not packed.
The "official" one on my website is. I guess I'd better unpack that one for now. :)

To muddle the issue even more, the official version is the one I'm using and it's working fine.
Jean-François
GEMDict – GEMClip

christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby christos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Dal wrote:Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?

Well if you have a 1040stfm with only a floppy drive you might want to put more games on a disk.. I agree it's not that necessary but it might be good to have..
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org

Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Klapauzius » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

Dal wrote:Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?

Well, exactly what Christos said. :)
It sure ain't needed for newer machines, but the patches will also work on plain STs from a floppy drive or from an old MegaFile30, so packing is sensible.

jfl wrote:To muddle the issue even more, the official version is the one I'm using and it's working fine.

If it's really a CPU cache issue (and I'm quite sure it is), the outcome may vary on different software setups.
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.

Social Media

Return to “FireBee”