-ST Emulation on Firebee? -

All things related to the Atari Coldfire Project

Moderators: Mathias, Mug UK, [ProToS], moondog/.tSCc., Galvez, Moderator Team

Re: -ST Emulation on Firebee? -

Postby Dal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Klaz - just got back home from my client and gave it a whirl. It works a treat under FireTOS and Mint. Great work as ever! :D
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mathias » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Great!

Nevertheless I am wondering, as I had no decompression issues at all, with my Bee and FreeMiNT, ... ?
MegaST 4 with Sounddesigner II MegaBus hardware and 56001, Hades 040, MagiC Mac at Mac OS 9 and a FireBee.
Mathias
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby Klapauzius » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:30 pm

The test versions you have tried were not packed.
The "official" one on my website is. I guess I'd better unpack that one for now. :)
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.
Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Postby Dal » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?
FireBee, Falcon -Soundpool case: CT63@95Mhz + 14MB/512MB + 16GB SSD + FPU + Phantom 25/50 + SuperVidel + SoundPool FDI + FA8 + ADAT + Eiffel, TT030: 4MB/16MB + Crazy Dots, Mega"SST" 12, STbook, STacy 2, MegaSTE, STE: Desktopper case, IDE interface, UltraSatan (8GB + 512Mb) + HXC floppy emulator. Plus some STE's/STFM's
Dal
Administrator
Administrator

Postby jfl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Klapauzius wrote:The test versions you have tried were not packed.
The "official" one on my website is. I guess I'd better unpack that one for now. :)

To muddle the issue even more, the official version is the one I'm using and it's working fine.
jfl
Atari Super Hero
Atari Super Hero

Postby christos » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Dal wrote:Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?

Well if you have a 1040stfm with only a floppy drive you might want to put more games on a disk.. I agree it's not that necessary but it might be good to have..
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
My Atari blog

STOT Email address: stot(NoSPAM)atari(DOT)org
christos
Fuji Shaped Bastard
Fuji Shaped Bastard

Postby Klapauzius » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:59 am

Dal wrote:Do things really need to be packed in this day and age (especially when we're talking about 56KB)?

Well, exactly what Christos said. :)
It sure ain't needed for newer machines, but the patches will also work on plain STs from a floppy drive or from an old MegaFile30, so packing is sensible.

jfl wrote:To muddle the issue even more, the official version is the one I'm using and it's working fine.

If it's really a CPU cache issue (and I'm quite sure it is), the outcome may vary on different software setups.
http://www.klapauzius.net
http://dbug.kicks-ass.net/klaz

The tears are welling in my eyes again, I need twenty big buckets to catch them in, twenty pretty girls to carry them down, twenty deep holes to bury them in.
Klapauzius
The Klaz
The Klaz

Previous

Return to FireBee