Noob question about merging st files

WinSTon, Nostalgia, MSA Converter, FloImg, Makedisk and all the others.

Moderators: Mug UK, Moderator Team

Saiyan
Atarian
Atarian

Noob question about merging st files

Postby Saiyan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post

I'm quite noob about Atari ST and how it works. Cause i'm beginning with this system, I have several doubts so I've come to you so if you can help me in this.

I have several atari st game files (.st format) that are a multidisk game (disk1, disk2 and so on) and I would like to know if there is a way to merge/group all this files in a single file/image so I can read it with steem emulator.
I have read that there is a type fo file (.MSA) that (I think) is a disk image but I'm not sure if this type of file could content several .st disks. In case this is the format I would need, is there any program/tutorial to this task? Is necessary to create a harddisk image?

Sorry if any of that questions are very trivial.

So please, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance

Playmobil
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Re: Noob question about merging st files

Postby Playmobil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 am

In steem, you can mount 2 disks... Disk 1 in Drive A: & disk 2 in drive B:

Another solution : Many many games was adapted to run from the Hard Drive... I don't remember the link where download them, wait someone put this link...

Saiyan
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Saiyan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Playmobil wrote:In steem, you can mount 2 disks... Disk 1 in Drive A: & disk 2 in drive B:

Another solution : Many many games was adapted to run from the Hard Drive... I don't remember the link where download them, wait someone put this link...

Thanks Playmobil for your answer. Hope someone could provide me this link [smilie=greencolorz4_pdt_12.gif]

davemacblack
Atariator
Atariator

Postby davemacblack » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:23 am

Playmobil wrote:Another solution : Many many games was adapted to run from the Hard Drive... I don't remember the link where download them, wait someone put this link...

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php

Playmobil
Captain Atari
Captain Atari

Postby Playmobil » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks @davemacblack !

Saiyan
Atarian
Atarian

Postby Saiyan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:03 pm

davemacblack wrote:
Playmobil wrote:Another solution : Many many games was adapted to run from the Hard Drive... I don't remember the link where download them, wait someone put this link...

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php

Thank you. I will definitely try this.

Cheers!!

EDIT: I've been testing the floppy image program but it seems that only works with a real floppy drive. What I am looking for is an application that lets you dump an Atari ST program (prg, tos, etc... files) into an ST or an MSA single file.

Social Media

Return to “Other emulators & tools”