I am pleased to introduce BeeKey, a self contained USB key booting straight into EasyAraMint.
It's light (1.5 MB), fast (30 sec boot on USB3 key), fits on a 4 GB key with 2.5 GB of persistent storage and boots on Mac and PC.
I have decided to go with Ubuntu Mini Remix as the base, a lightweight terminal only distro made for USB keys, include EasyAraMint setup with network access, printing capability, and the basic apps to start working and developing.
It should boot on any machine able to boot Ubuntu on a USB key ; so far I have been reported 75% success rate.
It's a first beta, so many things still have to be done, but it's fully workable as it is. Please read carefully the FAQ which explains the last steps for setting up BeeKey. It can be accessed with Netsurf.
- No autozoom mode as Aranym use the frame buffer. You'd better work at native resolution (no solution)
- Mouse is hardly visible when Aranym setup is opened : it's a limitation of aranym with frame buffer.
- Retina display or 4K screen are working but pixels are far to small to be usable (no solution)
- Bluetooth keyboards and mouse are not recognized (missing driver ; may be fixed) You can use USB wireless dongle instead.
- Track/touchpads are not recognized. (?)
- You need 2 differents installs to boot on Mac and PC (?)
- Not all hardware are supported ; laptops seems to have more issues. (?)
- I have to rewrite the shutdown app which is not working as I need, and write a config app to ease up the setup, so now it's a go between.(Please read the FAQ)
- More that you should discover
The iso and install instructions can be found here : https://sites.google.com/site/emaappsarch/news/beekeyaranymonakey